Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jaycar speakers

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
aww, id give you a hand but im too far away. What you might want to do is take one of your door pods out and ahve a go at fitting them

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
yeh i might try. But its ok now i have a guy that is gonna do it. A guy from work is gonna do it all for me. He said he doesnt want anything but i no he is a mad soccer fan so i might buy him 2 tickets to a Sydney FC game.

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET
I've got the 6" split in the front door pot and they sounded really good for a 149 bucks. 6.5" doesn't fit, too big !!!! With the 6" all you have to do is to cut the plastic cone inside which hold the speakers. To cut the cone, I used a thin blade with a pair of pliers, heated it up on the stove and apply. You don't even need to drill any holes all the screws are lined up.

All the other splits I saw was 200 + plus

response = reasonable price + fair quality

Hi inasinman,

Are you running them off a amp?
I have a VS Berlina (6 speaker stock set up) and was hoping I could run these splits of my Kenwood head unit without an amp. It has rca output but I hoping I would not need this for the spilts.

Any suggestions
Struggo :thumbsup:

Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
Hi inasinman,

I have a VS Berlina (6 speaker stock set up) and was hoping I could run these splits of my Kenwood head unit without an amp. It has rca output but I hoping I would not need this for the spilts.

Any suggestions

So how are you going to power the crossovers??

Spend some money and get a decent 4 or 2 channel amp, would be the best shoot!!

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Hi inasinman,

Any suggestions

Yes... you can. No amp required!

Honestly I think a seperate amp for the splits is over-reccomended. I have my JL splits running straight from the head unit and my sub amped to 200wrms and the sub still bottoms out a long way before the splits do... its the "weakest link" thing you see...

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
yeah you can look at it that way or
whats better to drive? a excell with a supercharger bolted to the block but not working OR a hsv/fpv/other good car with a supercharger bolted to the block and connected?
depends on how you like you car audio really?