Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jaycar speakers

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i was looking at upgrading my speakers soon. at the moment i have 4" xplod speakers and 6x9 phillips.
ive been looking at the jaycar kevlar 6" splits and 6" coaxials. has anyone had any experience with these speakers? any opinions on them?

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
nevewr heard em, but apparently the splits are pretty damn good for the $$

C

Crimmo

The splits are the best value for money. They destroy low and mid-range speakers from your usual Autobarn brands (eg: Pioneer, Clarion, Kenwood etc etc) and only get challenged by speakers the are +$300. Make sure you get the splits though, not the coaxials.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I know its not splits but I bought a 12" sub from jaycar (dual 4 ohm voice coil 300 watt carbon fibre cone etc etc) with the intention of using it in my jukebox project. I ended up using it in my car instead because it sounds better than my JL Audio sub I paid the same price for!

Two big thumbs up for Jaycar speakers. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
ive been looking at the jaycar kevlar 6" splits ....... has anyone had any experience with these speakers? any opinions on them?

They ROCK !!
just put a pair in the ute
behind the seats
fit nicely
KILLS the originals
heaps of grunt :yeah:

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
behind the seats?? why not in the doors??

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
:D Ohh swapped out the originals , mssaged the door pods a little bigger and put another set of 6 1/2"in the doors :thumbsup:
There's only the woofers in the back the tweeters are up front 2 on each side
sounds cool :whistling

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I know its not splits but I bought a 12" sub from jaycar (dual 4 ohm voice coil 300 watt carbon fibre cone etc etc) with the intention of using it in my jukebox project. I ended up using it in my car instead because it sounds better than my JL Audio sub I paid the same price for!

Two big thumbs up for Jaycar speakers. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
really in ported or sealed, i have been meaning to build a nice tight ported box to give my couple of subs a bit more bass. just for fun, i like the SQ of sealed!
yes the jaycar splits are nice for the more.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
really in ported or sealed, i have been meaning to build a nice tight ported box to give my couple of subs a bit more bass. just for fun, i like the SQ of sealed!
yes the jaycar splits are nice for the more.

Its in a relatively small sealed box... less than 2 cubic feet I think.. not sure exactly cause I didnt build it. Sound is fantastic anyway, not in the least bit boomy and has an excellent solid punch to it. Doesnt sound like it using something as flimsy as a cone to produce the note if you follow. Its more like being hit in the chest with a phone book. Stands up extremely well to frequencies a lot of subs struggle to produce as well.. the sort of thing that you often can't hear with lower quality systems. I reccomend it wholeheartedly in any case :thumbsup: