Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jaycar tweeters

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey guys, i need a set of replacement tweeters, and i'd like an an opinion on the Jarycar tweeters. I'm looking at the soft dome version ones, which are $25. There's also the ribbon ones available, i think their around the $45 mark-

So yeah anyone who has them most likely as part of the response components, what are they like??:thumbsup:

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
I have the components in the front of my car, being fed 150wrms each side. My opinion of the tweeters are good, they are a little bright (like most soft domes) but if you have a half decent head-unit you can tune around that, or better yet wire them to the lowest setting on the crossover (e.g -3db).
What crossover will you be using?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Thanks Holdenboy, just using the standard Sony Crossovers, that came with the splits. When you say 150 each side, i looked them up( the Response Components) i thought they were only rated at 60 each?? Maybe i was looking at the wrong ones. I'll only be giving these splits 60 each. But yeah i busted a tweeter,(during instalation) so im looking for a replacement set.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
It's always good to have a bit of headroom, more power than you need. Imagine you had a car that could only do 100km/h at full revs... The car isn't going to last long and you'll have problems. Same goes with amps... You don't want to run them near max power as they'll be hotter and wear out quicker.

I have 260Wrms x 2 on my front speakers and the amp still cuts out because it's running too hard... So I just bought a new amp that can do 600Wrms x 2. Plenty of headroom, actually overkill but it was a bargain :D

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yep as StoneX said....headroom is always good, and my speaker amp runs real hot when cranked for a far amount of time. Me needs a more powerful speaker amp too ;)
They are rated at 60wrms each, but they take the 150wrms no problems (or whatever amount they actually receive).....ive had them running off 75wrms (same amp, just not bridged) and dont play nearly as loud and clear.

Anyways yep they arent too bad, and should blend in well with the Sony mids / crossovers. just have a play with mounting locations and tweeter settings on the crossover.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I totally understand about having more power,i tried once to expalin that to somebody else..I guess there only 25 bucks, so i may aswell get them because i cant find anything else that cheap, that would be reccomended by anyone..