Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jaycar venom 6x9 4way 100wrms

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Jaycar venom 6x9 4way 100wrms CS-2388

productLarge_11059.jpg

G'day all just picked up a set of these from jaycar for $59.95, they have a heavy solid feel and look ok, the sound is not bad and really very good considering the price. Was not looking for high end speakers obviously, just needing to replace old kenwood 4 way 6x9's in my wagon. these sound crisp and clear as long as they are not pushed too hard (can be pushed a bit tho).
Have them mounted in the tailgate of the wagon on spacers and with the grills fitted (the kenwoods i pulled out had a few hits lol).
I'm having trouble getting a sound i like from this old pioneer HU but i will be replacing it with something i know how to play with a bit like a clarion or jvc.

in summary: great entry level speakers, outstanding for the price, rivalling speakers up to 3 times the cost IMHO (sound better than more expensive sets i have had). Jaycar continue to do things very well!!:thumbsup:

RRP: $59.95 (no, really)

Features:
* 25mm silk dome tweeter.
* Nominal impedance: 4ohms
* Power handling 100wrms
* RE: 3.4 ohms
* Qes:1.026
* Qts: 0.786
* Frequency response: 45Hz-20kHz
* Sensitivity: 90dB 1W@1m
* Fo: 60.78Hz
* Qms: 3.353

Things I like:The look, build quality,the sound (a bit important)

Things I dislike: Massive magnets and baskets made fitting tricky, (1 broken grill in box, got replaced straight away! great service)

Star rating out of five: 4.5 / 5 stars (nothing in this price range can compete)

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
It sounds like you don't have them running from a amp, am I right?

The reason you cant get the sound you are after from them is because your head unit will be around 18-20wrms. A 2 channel amp would do wonders for them.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
they will come alive if you amp them

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Lol at 4 ways. Sick bro.