Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jb hifi is a super market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
i dont want to slag JB HiFi too much cos i already do lots, but i bought a pair of kicker 6" splits, i put em on layby one week later i went back to collect them, and guess wot, the last pair (my pair) was sold and they couldnt get any more in, ohhhh furious i was :ranting: so i then transferred money across to a pair of JL audio splits which sound better anyway, and made them install them for free,
It doesnt end there, :b:
i then went back in to get them fitted 30mins later i got a call saying "nah we cant do it today its going to take 8 hrs to install them" At this point i decided that im never going back there, a week later went back 9hrs later got the call saying its ready, i looked at my speedo 3kms had been put on it, i parked my car in the exact spot they needed to work on it, so one could only asume they took my car for a joy ride, (this wasnt my ute, it was my expensive Honda Legend, one that i dont thrash.......much) after all this they still tryed to slug me for another 30 bucks,
But its still not over,

I took the door trims off later that week to have a look at their dodgy work, no crossover covers, i looked in my box, no covers there and one of my tweeter flush mount brackets was missing :b: ,in the manual for JL audio, it states DO NOT INSTALL CROSSOVERS INSIDE DOOR, with no covers, open circutry + water = zap and no speakers, there qualified installer told me they had none of my bits there and they had no reason to take them, also that you never get water inside the door, next time it rained i sat in my car with no door trim and watched the water drip ever so close to the crossovers, next time i spoke to them they just pleaded ignorance..

All this happend to me after only buying one product, i could go on about other people i know who have had similar headaches because of jb hi fi at marion shopping center in adelaide, but i wont because i want to go wash my car

my conclusion is simple dont shop at jb hi fi unless you are goin to pay cash up front, and install all components yourself, jb hi fi are a car audio supermarket, if you need someone to install your gear properly, go to Tonkins, or other professional car audio outlets, not supermarket

:b:
JB you've screwed us over again.......

ultimate_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive
my girl freind got a new head unit put in at jb hi fi and the guy installing it has since used her contact details to try and crack on to her. how low can they go

Jarro_sparrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman II V6
Your kiddin!!! Mate i would be back their quick smart if they did that to my girlfriend. I bough a jvc head unit and 2 pairs of 6"s off, a recently opened jb and they stuffed up didnt charge me for 1 set of the speakers.

So as far as im concerened jb are great! and a bunch of dumb fu@ks.......

Last edited:

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
jb hifi rule so long as you dont get them to install stuff

everytime i go there i knock them back hundreds of dollars :D

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
ultimate_vn said:
my girl freind got a new head unit put in at jb hi fi and the guy installing it has since used her contact details to try and crack on to her. how low can they go
my girlfriend had the same problem with bob jane... what a pack of low lifes...

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
If anyone cracked onto my girlfriend I'd be calling the police and going to the papers.

markc3012

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss Commodore
My Tip for you, Go there, or phone and talk to the manager of the store...If you have no luck tell them you will contact JB Hi Fi head office... You paid for a product, you should get what you paid for....Oh yea, and dont forget to mention to the boss at JB that you are a member of justcommodores which has thousands of members, Nobody likes negative press...at any level..let me know how it all goes, Which store was it????

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
That's why...

If ya want something done... do it yourself!

I'm a firm believer in that because of all the bulls**t at not just JB Hi-Fi, but many other retailers.

If I found my car with an extra 3kms on the clock without my permission to drive the vehicle I would've gone back and complained... HARSHLY!

If my girlfriend was getting cracked on by one of the installers (even tho that won't happen cause I install car audio myself) I'd be back there asking a few questions to the culprit and warning him.

Just quietly and meaningful. In a kinda non-threatning way but enough to make him think twice so he gets the hint.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
You know what? as an installer I'm sick of these threads. So, I'm going to flex my muscles and lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.