Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JBL 6.5" GTO608C Component Speakers

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
RRP: $260 (on eBay from $130)

Features: Low-dIstortion, low Q-woofer
Plus One (Patent pending) woofer cone
Edge-driven My-ti dome tweeter with I-Mount (Patent no,. 5,859,917) and Starfish mounting systems
Outboard passive crossover with tweeter-level adjustment, poly craps and tweeter protection
Power handling: RMS 70 watts
Power handling: Peak 210 watts
Sensitivity: 92dB
Frequency Response: 50Hz-21KHz
Impedance: 2Ohms

Things I like:
-The price. The reason they're so cheap on eBay is because they've been around for a few years now,
but they're still good for entry level stuff.
-The quality. Now if you know about the audio engineering world with regards to live music you'll know
that JBL has a fantastic reputation for solid gear, and these car speakers are no exception. I've had them
in my car for 4 months now and they are still as crisp as the day I installed them, and if they are anything
like their full scale audio cousins they will last for years to come.
-The noise. Now I'm not a huge car audio guy, but I do have a background in sound engineering, one of the
reasons I went JBL. And I have to say for the price you pay, you get fairly decent results, especially when amped.

Things I dislike: -The mounting, there was a little bit of dicking around at first but it's really not that bad.

Star rating out of five: 4.4/5 Compared to its competitors it does very well.

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
I have these in my VE and went for them mainly because they were 2 ohm. I love the sound they give for a speaker that wasn't OTT in price. I have them running off an amp which gives them about 90rms and I don't need to crank them up much to get decent volume out of them. I'm very happy with them.

I also have them in the rear doors but in the 3 way version. :beer chug:

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Yeah, I've got the 2 way JBL coaxials in the rear doors, they were worth every dollar IMO.