Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'll reply on shane's behalf,

Another loony left......

It is interesting that the democrats are holding off on the nuclear option that McDonnell used to push his agenda through the Senate. Even so Republicans failed to actually make most of Trumps major policy promises a reality.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
If shane_3800 or anyone else wishes to enlighten themself further regarding this particular matter and how it fits within the larger picture of the current situation in US politics they would do well to read this 'Letters From An American' substack newsletter from 4 days ago (our time) by a professor of US political history. A free subscribtion to Professor Richardson's newsletters is available, lacking the ability to place comments.

I'll have a read later.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The average 9 year old not being able to own more than 3 SAM's at once is a travesty.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Indeed but China still lacks the ability project power over water any great distance so other than missiles they can be a nuisance to AU and a lot of trouble to close neighbours like Taiwan/South China Sea. Neighbours with land based borders on the other hand would be in a world of hurt. China really needs a few more years to develop it's blue water navy.

Missile defence is certainly an issue as China has made leaps and bounds in that field recently.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Indeed but China still lacks the ability project power over water any great distance so other than missiles they can be a nuisance to AU and a lot of trouble to close neighbours like Taiwan/South China Sea. Neighbours with land based borders on the other hand would be in a world of hurt. China really needs a few more years to develop it's blue water navy.

Missile defence is certainly an issue as China has made leaps and bounds in that field recently.

Currently no missile defence system can cope with ramjet or inters. They're both too fast.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
True but I don't think they have enough of those (if any) that are operational to waste them on AU targets when the US would be there biggest issue.

The US Aegis and THAAD systems are capable of intercepting ICBM in the terminal phase, not as good as the Russian S400 systems though.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I totally disagree that China and Russia are the bad guys. I believe we are the bad guys. How many countries have either China or Russia attacked? How many countries have we attacked under some pretext of giving them freedom? How many of those countries have oil? Remember the reason for the invasion of Iraq. The non existent weapons of mass destruction. How many people have lost there lives because of our involvement in their affairs? Our current involvement in Syria where the USA continue to steal their oil after repeatedly being asked to leave the country. They stay there because they can.

Any attack on China will involve Russia. There won't be much left of the world if such a war takes place.

Our media constantly tell us of the mistreatment of minority groups in these countries. I don't know if it's true or not but I certainly would not accept the media as a source of the truth. The media and it's ideology are driven by the likes of Murdoch.

How many people on this forum have been to China and seen these atrocities take place or do they just take the word of our politicians and the media?