Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
China's activities in the South China Sea as well as their stance and military posturing toward Taiwan say different. Then consider how they are using their belt road initiative to bully countries economically says otherwise. Hell, even here in NZ the way Chinese people have behaved at university campuses etc and then premier for life Xi geopolitical ambitions.

I wouldn't discount the witness statements from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghurs who have managed to flee China as well as China's admission of the so called "re-education" camps etc

edit: I certainly agree that the west and America in particular haven't been upstanding earthly citizens but I don't see that here. Considering China's stance against AU at the moment I'd not discount anything they say.

Last edited:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
True but I don't think they have enough of those (if any) that are operational to waste them on AU targets when the US would be there biggest issue.

The US Aegis and THAAD systems are capable of intercepting ICBM in the terminal phase, not as good as the Russian S400 systems though.

Yea if you believe the stated capabilities... I hope it helps you sleep at night.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea if you believe the stated capabilities... I hope it helps you sleep at night.
Indeed but that works both ways and no system is absolute, it's a numbers game.

I sleep reasonably well thank you.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
If we look at who has done what to who in world affairs over many years then we we don't look that good ourselves. It is a lot easier to number the number of countries that England has not attacked than those that they have. The USA has been at war for most of it's life. Where do you start?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I totally disagree that China and Russia are the bad guys. I believe we are the bad guys. How many countries have either China or Russia attacked? How many countries have we attacked under some pretext of giving them freedom? How many of those countries have oil? Remember the reason for the invasion of Iraq. The non existent weapons of mass destruction. How many people have lost there lives because of our involvement in their affairs? Our current involvement in Syria where the USA continue to steal their oil after repeatedly being asked to leave the country. They stay there because they can.

Any attack on China will involve Russia. There won't be much left of the world if such a war takes place.

Our media constantly tell us of the mistreatment of minority groups in these countries. I don't know if it's true or not but I certainly would not accept the media as a source of the truth. The media and it's ideology are driven by the likes of Murdoch.

How many people on this forum have been to China and seen these atrocities take place or do they just take the word of our politicians and the media?

Yea nah you're so off course you're a lost cause.
Have you ever heard of Tibet?
Or maybe Crimea rings a bell?
I have a freind who is half Ukrainian and half Russian and he hates Russia after the annex.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've edited your post as what you said was completely uncalled for.

Do something similar and I will ban your ass from the forum.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
The recent posts remind me of a quote by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn…

“The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts."

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I've edited your post as what you said was completely uncalled for.

Do something similar and I will ban your ass from the forum.

Right. I would rather you just ban me and get it ober and done with.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage