Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
You brought religion and belief into it, not me. You're analogies are awful....still.
And I like dictionaries....they're fun, one should never be ashamed about consulting a dictionary.:cool:

Lets get back to the original issue, 'ey.........you stated...." Truth is not fact, nor are they in any way synonymous "

A fact, is true by its very nature.....which makes truth and fact synonymous
(I'm not saying these two words can be infinitely interchanged though)

A truth can also be a fact.
If you ask me how much money I have in the bank right now and I tell you I have $10,000, then I show you my bank statement and it shows a $10,000 balance, I was telling a truth (being truthful) and stating a fact.
In this instance a truth was also a fact.

Today I have $10,000 in the bank, that's a fact (I showed you my statement)
In 12 months time this fact will probably have changed due to interest earned, deposits and withdrawals.
Some facts can change over time.

When you pulled out the straw-man, I figured you were in 'duck' mode. Cool and calm on the surface, legs paddling underneath furiously. Your post is the very definition of straw-man and I invite you to Google it as it's only a couple of clear sentences, so unlike this subject matter it's a quick read and easy comprehension. I corrected that statement, if you care to read and am happy to fall on my sword if that helps you with a 'quick win'

So lets move back from your little segue into diversion and look at the root statement, that got Shanes panties and auto-correct bunched. I thank you for your compliments but the statement and the examples are not mine, they belong to the annals of history and philosophy. "Truth is subjective, fact is not". Nothing you have written has in any way detracted from those words. None of it has come remotely close to proving it to be untrue (see what I did there?)

Your bank statement analogy doesn't even relate. You didn't include time. Whether your balance changes or not, your deposits, withdrawals fees and interest will also be facts. At a point in time the facts state you had 10k. You deposit some, you withdraw some, the bank chucks on a fee and then some interest... but... that fact remains and now new facts are created. That's what your bank statement is; a record of facts, observable and immovable. You can't just choose to discount space-time, because it exists regardless of your ability to recognise it. You can however choose to derive any number of truths from that bank statement. That's what subjective means

A truth can be a fact (you just call it a fact though) but that won't change that the truth you call a fact is derived from the human condition and fact is merely observed to be. (focus on this statement, it's the root topic)

Feel free to have another crack but might I suggest enrolling in a basic philosophy class first. You haven't even presented a coherent response yet just segues, digs and ramblings

Be honest, you're Shane right?

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
When you pulled out the straw-man, I figured you were in 'duck' mode. Cool and calm on the surface, legs paddling underneath furiously. Your post is the very definition of straw-man and I invite you to Google it as it's only a couple of clear sentences, so unlike this subject matter it's a quick read and easy comprehension. I corrected that statement, if you care to read and am happy to fall on my sword if that helps you with a 'quick win'

So lets move back from your little segue into diversion and look at the root statement, that got Shanes panties and auto-correct bunched. I thank you for your compliments but the statement and the examples are not mine, they belong to the annals of history and philosophy. "Truth is subjective, fact is not". Nothing you have written has in any way detracted from those words. None of it has come remotely close to proving it to be untrue (see what I did there?)

Your bank statement analogy doesn't even relate. You didn't include time. Whether your balance changes or not, your deposits, withdrawals fees and interest will also be facts. At a point in time the facts state you had 10k. You deposit some, you withdraw some, the bank chucks on a fee and then some interest... but... that fact remains and now new facts are created. That's what your bank statement is; a record of facts, observable and immovable. You can't just choose to discount space-time, because it exists regardless of your ability to recognise it. You can however choose to derive any number of truths from that bank statement. That's what subjective means

A truth can be a fact (you just call it a fact though) but that won't change that the truth you call a fact is derived from the human condition and fact is merely observed to be. (focus on this statement, it's the root topic)

Feel free to have another crack but might I suggest enrolling in a basic philosophy class first. You haven't even presented a coherent response yet just segues, digs and ramblings

Be honest, you're Shane right?

Jesus......*shakes head*....no thanks.....I really do have more productive things to do than play on swings and round-a-bouts.
Enjoy your day.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Here is a legend about oppressors; the story of Diego de Salcedo. Around the 1500s in the island of Puerto Rico during the discovery of the new world.

Estatua_de_Diego_Salcedo_en_la_plaza_de_recreo_de_A%C3%B1asco%2C_Puerto_Rico.jpg

Legend say that Diego was a Spanish soldier watching the Taino people paning for gold in the island of Puerto Rico. Because of the Spaniards technological superiority and tactical advantage, they were looked upon like gods. One day, the Taino people decided to test one of them. Diego at random, was chosen and drowned to prove their godliness. He drowned in the river, proving that the Spaniards were not gods. They watched for few days just in case he resurected, his body rotted away.

The moral of the story... there are more people than Gov Officials. They fear you, their power is given by you, the people, the people can take that power away.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Yesterday was six months on from when then scrotus45 incited insurrection and sent a lynch mob after his deputy. Some of The New York Times staff have spent that time assembling a comprehensive video documentary of the events on Capitol Hill January 6th 2021. Much of the footage provided was filmed by the participants.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/po...tol-riot-trump-supporters.html?smid=url-share

Scary video. Should be mandatory viewing for history lessons and on prime time. Maybe 60mins will get the rights.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Yesterday was six months on from when then scrotus45 incited insurrection and sent a lynch mob after his deputy. Some of The New York Times staff have spent that time assembling a comprehensive video documentary of the events on Capitol Hill January 6th 2021. Much of the footage provided was filmed by the participants.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/po...tol-riot-trump-supporters.html?smid=url-share

You say he incited it but the Senate couldn't agree on that.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Most of the GOP senators are still scared of Herr Trump and Herr Trump is actively going after any GOP Senator that does not support him personally in the coming primaries.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Most of the GOP senators are still scared of Herr Trump and Herr Trump is actively going after any GOP Senator that does not support him personally in the coming primaries.

So has he broken any laws?

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
It's been 6 months and the witch hunts are still rolling on. Those Demotards must really love their priorities. o_O

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
It's been 6 months and the witch hunts are still rolling on. Those Demotards must really love their priorities. o_O

Yep. The dems are in power but like sick little people it's not enough they have to keep ringing the same old bull ****.