Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
yep they will go just past the limit to test the waters cos they know we cant do anything in retaliation, guess our PM's talks with Xi should have been about more then just pandas and tazzi devils
The CCP really are complete shiteheads and they know the west can’t really do much about it. They are actively trying to destroy the western nations and get under their skin as much as possible.

The Chinese government was actively subsidising production of fentanyl precursors and have been shipping it to Mexican drug cartels disguised as legitimate goods for years. Now it seems they have been recently bought to the negotiating table over it but the CCP also said they would never occupy the Spratly Islands in the South China Sea too!

In 2018, amid trade war tensions, China quietly raised the value added tax (VAT) rebate companies receive for exporting fentanyl, from 9% to 10%. VAT rebates are raised to spur exports.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-09-05/trump-fentanyl-china-incentives-production

https://www.ft.com/content/1d95f71b-7228-458b-a762-5b1c43ca4a79

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
The CCP really are complete shiteheads and they know the west can’t really do much about it. They are actively trying to destroy the western nations and get under their skin as much as possible.

The Chinese government was actively subsidising production of fentanyl precursors and have been shipping it to Mexican drug cartels disguised as legitimate goods for years. Now it seems they have been recently bought to the negotiating table over it but the CCP also said they would never occupy the Spratly Islands in the South China Sea too!

In 2018, amid trade war tensions, China quietly raised the value added tax (VAT) rebate companies receive for exporting fentanyl, from 9% to 10%. VAT rebates are raised to spur exports.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-09-05/trump-fentanyl-china-incentives-production

https://www.ft.com/content/1d95f71b-7228-458b-a762-5b1c43ca4a79
yea i herd something about china saying if the US wants to stop that then china will stop the medicals as they supply majority of the ingrediency to the US and that would hurt them bad, china have slowly been gathering all the little ''needs'' of the world and keeping them for themselves, plenty of cards left in there pockets for the foreseeable future :(

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
yep, definitely worthwhile spending our eggs across a few more baskets.

I suppose one of the silver linings of the recent global unrest is that it has brought home to need to (a) diversify our trading relationships, and (b) it has reminded us that sending manufacturing ‘off shore’ might make sense for the ‘economy’, but it does make us very vulnerable in times of unrest.

All very true however I fear those who's only goal is maximum profit will quickly forget the hard earned lessons of our recent history.

It's interesting that we've had some serious debate about Hamas and Israel and how they want to wipe each other off the map but it is also true that China wants to end our Western ways and rule the world. It's time we took that threat much more seriously.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Definitely. It's only a matter of time before one of their stunts ends up killing someone. Some of their vessel manoeuvrers or aircraft intercepts are just plain dangerous and they don't give a damn about international rules including trade rules.

**** em I say. The sooner we diversify away from China the better.
Tin foil hatters like me were right. I’ve been saying to everyone that will listen since about 20 years ago that China were playing the long game.

They were never going to liberalise and become democratic or anything like that. Their goal this whole time was to make the west so dependent on them that they could act with impunity and no one could realistically do anything about it.

By manipulating their currency and foreign trade through subsidies etc they have decimated manufacturing in the west and made us dependent on them.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea i herd something about china saying if the US wants to stop that then china will stop the medicals as they supply majority of the ingrediency to the US and that would hurt them bad, china have slowly been gathering all the little ''needs'' of the world and keeping them for themselves, plenty of cards left in there pockets for the foreseeable future :(

Fortunately some people/companies have taken note and are starting to move production of products out of China. Unfortunately it's not enough.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fortunately some people/companies have taken note and are starting to move production of products out of China. Unfortunately it's not enough.
And I fear the CCP will want to strike against Taiwan before the west becomes independent from them again.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It was said just after WW11 with China and Japan, that we won the battle but China and Japan will win the war......

How true those words are with what is currently going on with them

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
And I fear the CCP will want to strike against Taiwan before the west becomes independent from them again.

China is not in a good place right now, I'd argue if they don't do it soon it won't happen.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Wont be long I say after July 1st 2027. Jesus H Christ sorry God I would like that every Person on this site to view China Channels, mainly the Encrypted ones.
What they say to us on our (FTA Free To Air Channels) "eg" Ch 7,9,10, SBS, ABC is totally different to what I see on there Channels.
China must know there are Governments around the World watching them what its said on Satellites.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I would like to watch there channels 24/7 but it impossible to do, Have multiple monitors, multiple decoders, need multible people. I have the FREE Power so Electricity bills are not in the equation but need to watch them 24/7 and i expect that Australia is not doing (The US I say Yes) this because our goverment is stupid as The Labor Government does not even know that we are transmitting the ABC Pacific on Satellite to the Solomon Islands on a American Satellite