Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
To be fair, she only inherited about $70 million :) Of course they included stock in huge mineral resource assets but hey of course the way she has built her fortune up has involved a huge amount of self sacrifice :rofl2:

Damn it you know what I meant!;) Ok, ok.. I knew the half billion was an exaggeration but considering that what she inherited was way back in the very early nineties, converting to today's money etc.. I thought it was rough enough. I'll amend her to "Ms don't drink or smoke and work hard and you can inherit a good portion of a mining empire like I did Rinehart". She still has two few missing letters from her name.

Last edited:

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Damn it you know what I meant!;) Ok, ok.. I knew the half billion was an exaggeration but considering that what she inherited was way back in the very early nineties, converting to today's money etc.. I thought it was rough enough. I'll amend her to "Ms don't drink or smoke and work hard and you can inherit a good portion of a mining empire like I did Rinehart". She still has two few missing letters from her name.

Lol mate I am with you all the way dont worry. The hardest work she has ever had to do was face courts to try and keep her money away from the rest of the family. She might be one of the worlds richest women, but hard not to get rich when you own half the Pilbara surely?

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
but hard not to get rich when you own half the Pilbara surely?

The Aboriginals owned it all and they didn't get rich! It shows only talented people like Gina can make a go of those harsh lands:) We should appreciate that.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I think its time the bottom 99% just ignores Ms Rinehart.....she has nothing intelligent, constructive, or meaningful to say. Kinda like Lord Monckton and Clive Palmer. With a few billion laying about has she thought about getting a personal trainer? Oh wait, we shouldn't be exercising, we should be making another billion to throw onto the pile.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I think its time the bottom 99% just ignores Ms Rinehart.....she has nothing intelligent, constructive, or meaningful to say. Kinda like Lord Monckton and Clive Palmer. With a few billion laying about has she thought about getting a personal trainer? Oh wait, we shouldn't be exercising, we should be making another billion to throw onto the pile.

As far as those three go, although I'm far from a cheerleader of his, Clive at least seems interested in Australia and it's people as a whole as well as his pocket, he could do a lot more to make his rhetoric ring true. He's also entertaining. Monckton is just a muesli bar and I have no idea why anyone would listen to him or why he has an audience, it amazes me that people think he offers any reasonable debate about anything.. Gina is.. well.. missing a couple of letters and should buy herself an African dictator and move offshore.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The Aboriginals owned it all and they didn't get rich! It shows only talented people like Gina can make a go of those harsh lands :) We should appreciate that.
They were rich with what mattered to them :) and Gina wouldnt last 5 minutes in those harsh lands lmao

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
lol yep i measure it in contentment rather than dollars .. ironic isnt it that Gina just never seems content?

She's not alone in never being content with what she has. What is it that makes people like her continue to want more and more? Rupert Murdoch is another billionaire who comes to mind, who, until recently at least, seemed to want to own every damned newspaper and media outlet that existed. Why can't these people ever get to the point where their existing massive wealth finally satisfied them and they say "enough"?

The other point with them is the arrogance that their wealth creates. Have you ever seen a truly humble billionaire who didn't think their wealth meant they were really powerful and vital to the world's progress?

I haven't. Rheinhardt and Murdoch are two good examples of what wealth can do to your character.