Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
For those of us "older generation" members of the forum, who went through school where corporal punishment was the norm, it is impossible to understand the "cotton wool" environment that now exists. How many of us turned into thugs, or criminals, because we copped the cane at school? I know a bleeding heart ex-teacher who firmly believed the cane achieved nothing and fully supported the namby-pamby way they do things today. She also supported the Labor Party. Needless to say, we didn't agree on just about anything.

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
For those of us "older generation" members of the forum, who went through school where corporal punishment was the norm.

Yes, sometimes I look at the crap that some of our younger generation get away with and think about how a near fatal beating would alter their behaviour for the better, but...

Perhaps you didnt go to a catholic school(either did I), but type corporal punishment, sexual abuse and catholic priest into a search engine and see how many hits you get.

How many of us turned into thugs, or criminals, because we copped the cane at school?

Why dont you do a survey of the older cliental in prisons and see if there are any in there that didnt get the living daylight beaten out of them by either drunk parents, relatives or school masters(Im guessing most of them got away from school pretty early in life anyway).

I know a bleeding heart ex-teacher who firmly believed the cane achieved nothing and fully supported the namby-pamby way they do things today. She also supported the Labor Party

So there you have one person who worked at the sharp end of the problem, but regardless you know best because the views of all teachers should be just tossed in the bin because they are just left wing bleeding heart commy bastards.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yes, sometimes I look at the crap that some of our younger generation get away with and think about how a near fatal beating would alter their behaviour for the better, but...

Perhaps you didnt go to a catholic school(either did I), but type corporal punishment, sexual abuse and catholic priest into a search engine and see how many hits you get.

Why dont you do a survey of the older cliental in prisons and see if there are any in there that didnt get the living daylight beaten out of them by either drunk parents, relatives or school masters(Im guessing most of them got away from school pretty early in life anyway).

So there you have one person who worked at the sharp end of the problem, but regardless you know best because the views of all teachers should be just tossed in the bin because they are just left wing bleeding heart commy bastards.

Is it ever possible for me, or anybody else for that matter, to express a simple opinion, or outline an experience, without you coming back with a totally opposite opinion? You are a beligerent PITA.

Why don't you go and find a nice lonely mountain somewhere and preach your bloody sermons there, instead of clogging up this forum with your antogonistic garbage?

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
Is it ever possible for me, or anybody else for that matter, to express a simple opinion, or outline an experience, without you coming back with a totally opposite opinion? You are a beligerent PITA.

Why don't you go and find a nice lonely mountain somewhere and preach your bloody sermons there, instead of clogging up this forum with your antogonistic garbage?

LOL, OWNED! spose being banned once wasnt enough to stop causing trouble.. anywho back on topic.

not only can the schools do nothing to punish children that are out of control but not even their parents can, because in public it seems to be frowned apon, why? if the kid is being a little **** then they need a good hard whak to let them know its unnacceptable, because simply telling them not to do it wont get the message through

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Wow nothing like going to extremes. Funnily enough I attended catholic private schools for lower and upper school. While receiving a cane not once did i suffer a near fatal beating, nor anyone else I knew, not once did my grandmother issue, in her 35 years of teaching and as principal, a near fatal beating. Sexual abuse and catholic priest, sure that happened to, but so does a lot of sexual abuse where the offenders are NOT catholics or any other religion.

Regardless of all this, you know best, in fact you seem to know everything, we all bow down to the master commsirac.

Have a word on the tip of my tongue but not sure exactly what it is...I am sure it sounds much like duck hit.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Nobody is advocating near fatal bashings nor sexual abuse. To extrapolate one from the other is just wrong.

Why would he do that? Surely a more appropriate survey would be the entire population (across all demographics) who received a whack across the backside as discipline and the outcomes later in life (good/bad). Beating the living daylights out of kids/anybody is, always was, and always should be illegal. Although on reflection, for some people there should be exceptions.

My wife is a teacher and both her and *many* of her colleagues also believe in corporal punishment. I suspect it largely varies depending on the school and the demographic of it's inmates. I know a few teachers as mates who also are of similar opinions.

Reaper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
My wife is a teacher and both her and *many* of her colleagues also believe in corporal punishment. I suspect it largely varies depending on the school and the demographic of it's inmates. I know a few teachers as mates who also are of similar opinions.

Funnily enough my wife(a teacher) and all of her teacher friends basically have the same opinions.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Funnily enough my wife(a teacher) and all of her teacher friends basically have the same opinions.

Their views are possibly influenced by the difficulties they encounter in the job by trying to exercise discipline with both hands tied behind their backs. I feel for teachers today because they are so severely hampered by PC and the wobblies who believe in sparing the cane or other appropriate punishment.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
Their views are possibly influenced by the difficulties they encounter in the job by trying to exercise discipline with both hands tied behind their backs.

haha yeah kinda like how i feel with boat people

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Nobody is advocating near fatal bashings nor sexual abuse. To extrapolate one from the other is just wrong.

Sorry did, I accuse anyone of advocating fatal beatings or sexual abuse? that would be no.

extrapolate sexual abuse from corporal punishment is wrong? plenty of first hand evidence from that in catholic schools im afraid.