Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Eh why bother.

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have no idea what they get paid in the mines but you just have to be wrong about the lollipop guy. I was looking through the jobs in the paper the other day and there was a job for Network and IT Systems Administrator for the council, pay rate was $59k to $68k. Surely the lollipop dudes that work for the council don't get paid more. I would have though they got maybe $45K. If they do get that sort of pay, I'm up for a change of job.

I have no idea what the relevance to IT is but whatever. The guy I'm talking about works for the contractor building the Peninsula link freeway. He has nothing to do with any council.

Reaper

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
And if that muesli bar/fruit cake Lord Monckton's(I think there must have been some inbreeding in his family) comments and (Va)Gina's moves on Fairfax don't give an idea of what they want here I don't know what does. As if anywhere needs Fox commentary dressed up as news and fact, it's unproductive and divisive and provides nothing but distortions. As if A. Bolt's barfing is not enough of the gag reflex to put up with, not to mention some others, they want to give us Fox! ****, even Fox admits it's not news, it's commentary and entertainment. They have to say that or they'd be pulled through the ringer. "We Report, You Decide."

Lord Sultana and Peanut:
"Is there an Australian version of Fox News? No. This is the thing I’ve been looking at in the UK. Frankly whatever you do at street level, which is what you’re talking about here, is not going to have much of an impact compared with capturing an entire news media. Now you look at the effect that Andrew Bolt had had since he was rocketed to fame – and I think without giving away too many secrets that Joanne (Nova) is going to do more of that if everything goes to plan – and that is the way to do it. You have to capture the high ground of what are still the major media, and I think will remain for quite some time. And until we crack that one both in the UK and Australia, we’re going to suffer the disadvantage over against the more libertarian, right-thinking people in the United States who have got Fox News and have therefore got things like the Tea party, and have therefore at last put some lead in the pencil of the Republican Party."

Sanity(Not S.Hannity!) save us!

We know we have a problem when E-Entertainment is reporting on "political" news.

While they may be echoed in a number of different places there are surprisingly few primary sources for mainstream news if you dig a bit.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Eh why bother.

Sure, the name calling was a bit childish but meh, I've never seen you call people who call Julia, Juliar or Rudd, Krudd childish. I also never said or pretended I was better than anyone else.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I have no idea what the relevance to IT is but whatever. The guy I'm talking about works for the contractor building the Peninsula link freeway. He has nothing to do with any council.

Reaper

I thought it would be pretty obvious. A lollipop dude getting paid almost twice as much as a Network/Sys Admin seems a bit off and if that is the case I should look at a job change as I do exactly that for a school. I'm sure the contractor could find thousands of people cheaper than $110k, I'd do it for less, maybe he's the bosses son.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought it would be pretty obvious. A lollipop dude getting paid almost twice as much as a Network/Sys Admin seems a bit off and if that is the case I should look at a job change as I do exactly that for a school. I'm sure the contractor could find thousands of people cheaper than $110k, I'd do it for less, maybe he's the bosses son.

AMWU at work. The problem is that they hold industry over a barrel. Either they agree to terms or nothing gets built. The sad thing is that all of the community pays.

Reaper

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
AMWU at work. The problem is that they hold industry over a barrel. Either they agree to terms or nothing gets built. The sad thing is that all of the community pays.

Reaper

Do you know for real that's what he makes? I was googling for the pay for them and came across this:
Essential job training

quote:"Be assured this is not a job reserved for burley-looking construction workers, or little old ladies at zebra crossings in day-glow yellow coats. Loads of travellers are employed as traffic controllers and are paid construction industry award rates, often earning up to $1000 per week."

Still seems a quite well paid job at that rate for what it takes.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you know for real that's what he makes? I was googling for the pay for them and came across this:
Essential job training

quote:"Be assured this is not a job reserved for burley-looking construction workers, or little old ladies at zebra crossings in day-glow yellow coats. Loads of travellers are employed as traffic controllers and are paid construction industry award rates, often earning up to $1000 per week."

Still seems a quite well paid job at that rate for what it takes.

Positive.

Reaper

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Has Malcolm Turnbull be abducted and replaced by aliens, ah la The Simpsons?

First we have a speech in which he states politicians should stop the spin and misleading statements, (this from the king of spin on the NBN).

AM - 'Deficit of trust' in Aussie politics: Turnbull 06/09/2012

and then a backflip on the NBN accounting

Backdown: Turnbull accepts NBN budget accounting | Delimiter

or is he just being paid well by the labor party?:hmmm:

Turnbull is known both for being willing to accept his mistakes and to be willing to cross the political line to support what he believes in. He sees things for what they really are, not what his party tells him to see.

If he ever gets to lead the Libs, I'll vote Lib. So refreshing to see a genuinely honest and principled man in politics. I'm not the only lefty who feels this way either. Instead of downing him, you would be better off supporting him and getting rid of the clown you currently have.