Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
If you look at history, the left have a very long and celebrated history of living beyond their means, continually over spending and then blaming the other side who have to be the bad guys implementing severe budget cut backs to clean up the financial disaster the ALP left behind. One thing that both the Greens should do is account for their policies during election campaigns instead of the scorn they feed anybody that challenges whatever kooky policy they come up with.

Fixed.

Reaper

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Reaper[/]

*yawn* :) you have to spend money to make money. Even you should know that Lol

Yep. The fine art is knowing when said money is going to return a dividend or just pissing it up against the wall. The proof is in the basket cases of QLD, NSW and the massive stupidity of our federal government.

Reaper

Last edited:

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Knowing Reaper? Like the crystal ball that all businesses and the LNP have? It's all gambling and odds. Shall we buy new plant? What are the odds it pays off? Will the construction market flatten next year?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Knowing Reaper? Like the crystal ball that all businesses and the LNP have? It's all gambling and odds. Shall we buy new plant? What are the odds it pays off? Will the construction market flatten next year?

Knowing is probably the wrong word. It's about judgement. Nobody is 100%. The problem is that because the ideals of the left, the % of wins will by definition be way lower than the right.

Reaper

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
wonder how much money would be saved if they got rid of the Dole system for people who are on it for over 6 months?... hmmm =P
better not hurt their major voting force now should they

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
wonder how much money would be saved if they got rid of the Dole system for people who are on it for over 6 months?... hmmm =P
better not hurt their major voting force now should they

So you've just painted anyone who disagrees with your politics as a probable dole bludger?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
So you've just painted anyone who disagrees with your politics as a probable dole bludger?

no.
im just curious as to the actual cost they may have on society.
if all the sudden you cannot have help/treatment for your illness (for lack of better words as i know this would effect you) yet someone who hasnt worked for 5 years, and is able to and has been offered jobs, is still getting paid by Govco, you couldnt be mad?
maybe 6 months is too short, im not a fortune teller, but still the point is valid.

should have rethought it through, but back to Calabers post about reducing those needed services.
just curious as to know if other things could be potentially shrunk instead of those services.

Last edited:

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
no.
im just curious as to the actual cost they may have on society.

should have rethought it through, but back to Calabers post about reducing those needed services.
just curious as to know if other things could be potentially shrunk instead of those services.

you would have to be blind if you cannot see "bonuses" dont get handed out to the supporter base if those governments get into power.

Bonuses get handed out to the supporter base of any govt, that's the way our system works. Advocating the removal of the dole is rather short sighted though, America has a system of short term dole which can only be accessed for a limited amount each year, but the social cost of that is huge.

Given that the unemployment rate is running steady at around 5%, even if every person receiving a benefit voted for labour its hardly a huge demographic anyway is it? Not everyone who is unemployed is a 'dole bludger' by the way, some of those people have worked hard all their lives, suddenly lost jobs in their 40s and 50s and discovered that its not so easy to compete in the labour market when you get older.

Most have paid tax all their lives and supported other people who are unemployed, and have a reasonable expectation that they will receive the same treatment. There are plenty of right wing 'dole bludgers' too.

EDIT: I see you have added the extreme cases too now. No, of course I am not happy with paying the dole to a bogan who has been unemployed half his life and turns down jobs. I have no problem with cracking down on this. These decisions are not for government to make though, who gets cut off and who doesnt. Its for the people at the front line, who know the reality of various clients situation and can make judgement calls based on that.. not some bureaucratic line in the sand.

I feel that Centrelink case managers, who actually know a persons circumstances, have their hands tied too much. They often cant help the people that need it most, and are forced to help the people who deserve it least, because of that invisible, unbending and uninformed line in the sand.

Last edited:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Bonuses get handed out to the supporter base of any govt, that's the way our system works. Advocating the removal of the dole is rather short sighted though, America has a system of short term dole which can only be accessed for a limited amount each year, but the social cost of that is huge.

Given that the unemployment rate is running steady at around 5%, even if every person receiving a benefit voted for labour its hardly a huge demographic anyway is it? Not everyone who is unemployed is a 'dole bludger' by the way, some of those people have worked hard all their lives, suddenly lost jobs in their 40s and 50s and discovered that its not so easy to compete in the labour market when you get older.

Most have paid tax all their lives and supported other people who are unemployed, and have a reasonable expectation that they will receive the same treatment. There are plenty of right wing 'dole bludgers' too.

dont worry. i see exactly where you are coming from on this.
again im just curious as to know the amount it takes out of the public pocket.

stuff it. im just going to leave it.
all i wanted to know is if anyone has any statistical figure of how much it drains.
but obviously its going to turn into some fight over why i must somehow call people dole bludgers while living in my high and mighty castle on the top of a hill while looking down as some posh snob.

and why bring the american system into this?
its completely different and irrelevant to how the Aus system works.
im all for giving people a hand, but only if they want to help themselves aswell.