Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You have answered your own question with your opening statement. Record heat, record snow, the list goes on.. your words.

Ok, I give up, clearly you cannot read.

If 5 records in 5 different states are broken in a country the size of the USA over a 15 year period is a sign we are in trouble then god help us!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I agree, the bigger picture is what should be looked at and the treats of the bigger picture.

Comparing this year to 2, 5, 10, 50, 100 years ago is pointless as the timeframe is too short. Just because we as humans thing 10 years is long doesn't actually mean jack. You need to look at thousands of years and then we can talk averages and trends.

2000px-Vostok_Petit_data.svg.png

Enough said about climate change.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Interesting that we have had more times where average temp is below zero than over the zero marker.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Ok, I give up, clearly you cannot read.

If 5 records in 5 different states are broken in a country the size of the USA over a 15 year period is a sign we are in trouble then god help us!

The size of the USA? We are about 80% the size of the USA, you know that right? The fact that they divide their country into so many smaller pieces is hardly relevant, although I guess it means you can have many more 'records' available to not be broken.

Do you seriously believe that only 5 records have been broken, in the USA, in that time frame anyway? Your argument is coming from the heart, I can accept that. Unfortunately you cant or wont accept any debate that doesn't fit in with your own ill informed opinion.

It confuses me how an apparently well educated and intelligent man can completely ignore the opinion of those who study this **** for a living.

I wouldn't embarrass myself telling you how to take a photograph, you know much more than I. How is it that you can claim you know better than the more than 95% of highly trained scientists who support climate change? That strikes me as more than a little arrogant, and not very intelligent.

Clearly you make no attempt to read.

Try researching the subject without biasing the search to things that may help you support your view. Watch and learn about the plethora of hard evidence that is available everywhere, and read all of the information, not just the small portion of it which supports your view. Try to ignore blogs, newspapers etc... they have already done the same as you and picked selective details.

In short, try googling Climate Change, not Proof of Climate Change or Proof that Climate Change is a myth. Get both sides of the story.

Read all of it, not just the bits that back your debate. It broadens the mind.

I will also give up on this one, because any more comment on it is likely to to get me put in the norti corner for discussing Climate Change in the political thread... as you previously banned this subject from this thread, and will do so again as soon as you get bored with it.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol, I am only going on weather records in the USA to show that only 2 records for heat have been broken in the past 15 years, same for snow records (except 3). I apologise for reading what the US weather service provides as factual information.

Here you go, check for yourself.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/extremes/scec/records

Anyway, I have to go shoot some greenies...

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I agree, the bigger picture is what should be looked at and the treats of the bigger picture.

Comparing this year to 2, 5, 10, 50, 100 years ago is pointless as the timeframe is too short. Just because we as humans thing 10 years is long doesn't actually mean jack. You need to look at thousands of years and then we can talk averages and trends.

2000px-Vostok_Petit_data.svg.png

Enough said about climate change.

At least you are making an effort mate, well done. Again, its selective data, but at least its hard data. I refer you again though to the fact that the overwhelming opinion of science is that climate change is very real, abnormal compared to the historical cycle, and can be alleviated or exaggerated significantly by our actions as a species.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
At least you are making an effort mate, well done. Again, its selective data, but at least its hard data. I refer you again though to the fact that the overwhelming opinion of science is that climate change is very real, abnormal compared to the historical cycle, and can be alleviated or exaggerated significantly by our actions as a species.

Has anyone here ever argued that climate change is not real? Climate changes...we are just arguing that the planet is not warming as fast and certainly not due to Co2. This past 16 years where there has been no warming saw co2 increases...yet no temp rises.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
lol, I am only going on weather records in the USA to show that only 2 records for heat have been broken in the past 15 years, same for snow records (except 3). I apologise for reading what the US weather service provides as factual information.

But you have selected the facts that you like. How about record rainfall, record floods, record major weather events such as hurricanes? I'm not saying your facts are incorrect here. I am saying your facts are selective and incomplete.

I'm done. Not getting banned or warned for bashing my head against the wall.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
anyone else heard about those other ministers leaving the cabinet of the Labor party?

Labor MPs go hard or go home | News.com.au

so whats your thoughts. pushed? wanting to Jump off the Ship before it sinks from an iceberg? just over Politics?

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Minux, could you open the first political thread back up so it can be read? You can lock it so no-one can post. Maybe add a link to it in the first post of this thread.