Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Well, just ask Jeff Kennett what people think when a leader takes the really tough decisions that have to be taken to fix economies. People will vote for the bloke (or woman) they hope can fix the mess, but don't want to be part of the solution by suffering a bit if that's what is required. Vote in a new government then hate them for taxing you more to pay for the things you want like new roads, hospitals etc. Normal human behaviour, unfortunately.

Hit the nail on the head Calaber.

Sometimes the people have to come to the party a bit to help fix the mess their poor voting skills caused.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Hit the nail on the head Calaber.

Sometimes the people have to come to the party a bit to help fix the mess their poor voting skills caused.

That's kinda funny. When the gov looks at fixing the neglect of infrastructure, schools, hospitals, under the last LNP gov, the people that voted them in are the biggest moaners about paying tax to fix it. But you wouldn't do that, would you?

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I haven't ever rejoyced over anybodies death. I did say the world was a better place after the death of Binladen, and something similar after Hussein. I wasn't happy that either was dead however on the balance of history it was the lesser of 2 evils. I don't know enough about what Mugabe has done beyond a superficial understanding. I wouldn't loose any sleep if he were to die but definitely wouldn't take delight in it.

"Ding dong the witch is dead" with regard to an elderly politician who posed no threat to anybody is very different.

When Mugabe finally dies he'll probably be just an elderly ex-politician who poses no threat to anybody(anymore). Should we just forget about their lives as politicians?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I didn't vote for Julia, nor did I vote for Steve Bracks, nor John Brumby. Whilst Bracks/Brumby built Eastlink, the fact that they made it tolled when it was promised to not be tolled is a disgrace.

However, Melbourne has a severe lack of infrastructure and thoroughly needs an overhaul. I wouldn't mind more tax short term if it meant better infrastructure short and long term.

The government and the excessive number of associated department's could also have a haircut though, like Newman did in QLD.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
That's kinda funny. When the gov looks at fixing the neglect of infrastructure, schools, hospitals, under the last LNP gov, the people that voted them in are the biggest moaners about paying tax to fix it. But you wouldn't do that, would you?

I don't know what you mean with regard to neglect of infrastructure from the previous Howard Government. There is no doubt since then a heap of money we don't have has been spent for little or no benefit. One such example:

Labor have plowed a gazzillion dollars into the BER starting 5(ish) years ago and finished approx 3 years ago yet this:
Australian school standards slipping - The West Australian.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I don't know what you mean with regard to neglect of infrastructure from the previous Howard Government. There is no doubt since then a heap of money we don't have has been spent for little or no benefit. One such example:

Labor have plowed a gazzillion dollars into the BER starting 5(ish) years ago and finished approx 3 years ago yet this:
Australian school standards slipping - The West Australian.

Infrastructure and education outcomes are not really the same, let's see if the Gonski report gets followed through on. If the LNP return we are just as likely to see more tax payer money thrown at private schools again and stuff the rest. The school I work at have nothing but praise for the BER, there'll always be some bad news stories. Rather than think the BER was flawed because of them, those bad news stories should be investigated to see why things went badly for them and rectified.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
When Mugabe finally dies he'll probably be just an elderly ex-politician who poses no threat to anybody(anymore). Should we just forget about their lives as politicians?

Can't say I'd be celebrating his death either way. I still don't see how you could possibly compare Thatcher to the likes of Mugabe. You fail even further as I'd hope nobody would celebrate his death either. The less attention these people get the better imo.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Can't say I'd be celebrating his death either way. I still don't see how you could possibly compare Thatcher to the likes of Mugabe. You fail even further as I'd hope nobody would celebrate his death either. The less attention these people get the better imo.

I haven't celebrated to my knowledge... I posted a comment which reflected my dislike of her. Big deal, I called her a witch, a wicked witch at that. If you want to see celebration, look in that smh article I posted, I won't be attending any parties. If you want, maybe you should contrast that with the LNP supporters.

AbbottDitchWitch.jpg

Witchmain.jpg

ipad-art-wide-carbonrally2-420x0.jpg

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I haven't celebrated to my knowledge... I posted a comment which reflected my dislike of her. Big deal, I called her a witch, a wicked witch at that. If you want to see celebration, look in that smh article I posted, I won't be attending any parties. If you want, maybe you should contrast that with the LNP supporters.

AbbottDitchWitch.jpg

Witchmain.jpg

ipad-art-wide-carbonrally2-420x0.jpg

"ding dong the witch is dead" isn't rejoicing??? I think you would find most people would take it that way. As for the carbon tax demonstrations, I don't condone the Witch placards either. The newspaper cartoon - meh. Harmless satire commenting on the whole situation. Happens to both sides. Last I checked Gillard wasn't dead also. Looks to me that you are clutching at fewwer and fewwer straws trying to justify a pretty piss poor point of view.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
"ding dong the witch is dead" isn't rejoicing??? I think you would find most people would take it that way. As for the carbon tax demonstrations, I don't condone the Witch placards either. The newspaper cartoon - meh. Harmless satire commenting on the whole situation. Happens to both sides. Last I checked Gillard wasn't dead also. Looks to me that you are clutching at fewwer and fewwer straws trying to justify a pretty piss poor point of view.

What makes it rejoicing? Saying the ding dong part? That's how the song goes, so that's what I posted. I really could give a rat's arse if people call Julia a witch, not my problem. See above Chasers video, political correctness because people are dead is pretty damn funny. Good riddance to the witch, is that more acceptable?