Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by minux, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200 Landcruiser
    We aren't talking about them becoming Rhodes scholars here - Just the basics to function and support one's self in society.

2. commodore665

commodore665 expat Saffa

Members Ride:
    2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
    This is something I notice also , having a 7 year old child spit on you when you are giving them a ride back home ( how they can walk out the front door of school is another issue ), and having dad / mum , hurl every f and c and b at you , while trying to help them out , with some assistance that is available to from various agencies . It's like banging your head against a brick wall , the kids go hungry and often are not at school at all , but mum and dad always have cash for a box of Bourbon and Cola , and a pack of winnies .

3. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    300rwkw FG G6ET/Specialized Tarmac SL4
    We have created this issue ourselves by the do gooders demanding governments relax handouts and increasing how much is handed out. Get it back to where it is a survival tool and a "shame" to not be employed, maybe then the sense of entitlement in this country will start to diminish.

4. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Link

Here is some that I am talking about; a crack at the Military Industrial Complex type of mentality.

That is a boost on the economy since to move troops and equipment requires lots of effort (jobs) and money.

5. Calaber

Calaber Nil Bastardo Carborundum

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    Skydrol

Your point regarding the "Military Industrial Complex" mentality tends to indicate that you disagree with military technology and the amount of spending being directed towards manufacture of military hardware. Unfortunately, there are countries who will continue to develop their own weapons technologies and sell it to willing buyers, who then use it against the democracies of the world. (Think North Korea and Russia). They don't give a damn about your concerns and as long as they continue to behave in this manner, nations like the US will need to keep developing new technologies to keep ahead of the others. Australia remains firmly in the US' team because we don't develop our own war materiel of the type required to carry out actions against our "enemies" such as aircraft and tanks.

Whilst it's true that the sort of money involved is massive and arms manufacturers continue to make unbelievable profits whenever conflict breaks out, nations like ours would much rather that such conflicts never occurred and we would then not have to spend huge amounts on defence. The reality is however, that we are entering a new type of warfare, potentially world-wide, with our opponents liberally supplied with arms from rogue nations who see these wars as suiting their purposes. Appeasement is not an option with the Islamic State so it can only come down to actual military action on a large scale.

Your comment regarding Australia's deployment of military personnel and hardware to fight ISIL being a boost to the economy is way wide of the mark. That conflict will cost this country huge amounts of money which could have been far better spent at home. It's no boost to the economy - just to a few manufacturers (mostly overseas) who will see increased demands for their products. That's hardly helpful to Australia's economy.

6. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    We have the same issues here; no country is different.
    Most manufacturing is leaving the USA and all is left is pretty much the war machine.

The Military Industrial Complex is not my term but goes as far back to Dwight D Eisenhower, US 34th President from 1953 through 1961 and a 5 Star Army General; (is 15 min speech but if you want to know, listen to it; forward to about 7 min).

Money is the driving force of all, policies, laws, ideologies is all academia.

Blowing the Democracy Clarion is not the answer but a lame excuse to go to war.
    Have you ever heard the term "Create the Problem and later Become the Solution"

If you want the public opinion to go on your favor, create a boogie man.

All you have to do is search around the answers are out there.

Do you know the Korean War is not over? They just stop shooting each other; technically still a war zone.
    But is flooded with military contractors and if N and S Korea join like Germany did the gig is up.

What do you think China, Russia, N Korea and all the others talk about in their meetings; Karl Marx?
    Do you think they are talking about Communism?
    They are with Brazil, India and South Africa know as the BRICS (Korea is not part but they are affected indirectly).
    Not at all, they are talking about economical deals, with who they are going to make business deals.
    In the USA there are Lobbyist greasing politicians every single day.
    What about when the dignitaries go and visit another country.
    That is for the media to take pictures; the rest, the real deals happen behind doors and is all about wheeling and dealing for goods and services.

To be honest, the USA want Gazprom/Rosneft to close the spigot to Europe because we want the Oil and Natural Gas business deal.

But Exxon/Mobile is helping Rosneft to drill in the Kara Sea and if you follow the news the USA posed economical sanctions so why in the world they are in there?

What was the deal between China and Japan about some worthless islands? Natural Gas under the ocean floor?

Part of the crap that is going in Africa is about Rare Earth Metal the Chinese have cornered the market and Oil/Natural Gas.
    (Look for where you get all that and overlay with the conflicts in the region).
    Rare Earth Metals are used in electronic gadgets, military hardware, electric cars, catalyst for Oil and Gas production.

We do not live in a world of ideologies and politics.

All I know is from experience, been in Korea, Somalia, Iraq, Kuwait, Europe,(all over it), Egypt...
    Start reading some world history, is all there. I would say, start about the Franco-Prussian war somewhere around the mid 1800s.
    You will see how the world financials works and at the end of WW I, what they did you will see how all start to develop, from there forward is all related to each other.
    The common denominator is finances/bankers.

I know, pretty much sure that most will say that I am nuts, a complete nut case but all I can say is, on your own, dig up a little bit and do not take for granted the news outlet/media. Try to understand how the world works; why we do what we do? But most people will not do it simply because they are lazy/uninterested.

Now, if I say, let us pick a fight with a country because we want whatever they have and go to war most people will opposed.

If I come up with a boogie man and is threatening your way of life all of you will be up in arms.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  7. Calaber

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    Just one point. The "Boogie Man" in this case hasn't been made up to suit the arms contractors or governments struggling with rising unemployment or recession. The threat in the current issue is real, because the extremists are not limiting their activities to one or two countries - they represent a real threat to western democracies and have shown they have absolutely no regard for human life. IMO, we ignore them at our peril.

Incidentally, I don't just take the media reports as gospel. I read extensively and history is a significant part of my reading repertoire.

8. AirStrike

AirStrike Administrator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    91' VN SS
    Waits for Skydrol to point out beheadings are done in a CIA film studio like all the other foil hat brigade.

9. Calaber

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    What - you mean they weren't?

Why is it that conspiracy theorists exist with every single major issue that confronts the world today, despite the amount of evidence to the contrary? If the existence of the Islamic State can be pigeonholed as a conspiracy, then those foil hats are definitely too tight.

10. BushSSV

BushSSV Stone chip collector

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SSV
    I see a business opportunity here.

Anyone wanna buy a tinfoil hat? Near new, stops govco rays, enhances theories and maybe theology. Maybe.

11. Calaber

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    Probably only fits pinheads, though.

12. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    300rwkw FG G6ET/Specialized Tarmac SL4
    Don't laugh, a muslim i have on facebook believes the london beheading was mi5!!

13. AirStrike

Members Ride:
    91' VN SS
    Yeah it's why I posted it, seen it before.

14. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Sure tin foil hat; I have one right here next to me.
    Is a matter of fact, is a helmet like the Star Wars Stormtrooper's made of Alclad 7075-T6 with some mattress foam as padding and a shoe string to stay on.

One thing that I need to point out when they beheaded the reporter they were kind enough not to show it; is so gruesome that might scare you (I thought that was the point).
    Just a bloodless first cut and later on with the head on his back.

They use Final Cut Pro for the video... (that is a joke; just been sarcastic).

I bet, a huge majority of people never saw the video; just took the word for granted from others.

On the serious side... 'Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth"

A strange thing that we have here, all these increases on security and nobody have been caught.

Conspiracy Theorist
    Is just a definition to accuse anybody that see some different.
    If someone questions the status quo are nut cases, crazies and so on.

How many times someone find some facts within families/neighbors and accuse them as crazy?
    Does that makes them a whack job, crazy, a loonie?
    Get the "How Dare You" looks.

Time will tell, so I am not here to convince anybody and angry at nobody.

By the way, they are tons of sites in the web about really odd things and they are there to sell survivor crap.

All I can ask to anybody, is to ask a few simple questions.
    What is the financial gain? Where the money goes? Who is getting paid?

Honestly nobody does anything for free including me.

Another example, each time any problem happen; what is the 1st thing a politician says?
    Allocated X amount of money to fight whatever.
    Assigned a group, task force, board, panel, contractor, lawyers, etc...
    Do they get paid for doing the work? Yes they do.
    They throw money at the problem and if still broke, more money is thrown at it until is supposedly fixed.
    And if is not fixed, is maintained with more money.

Have anybody tried to untangle the gov financial mess?
    I bet there are millions the officials have no knowledge/idea/clue where it went; the ones that does are not saying anything.

The people end up with a bunch of lies and broke, right?

So how they fix the problem, throw more money, spent thousands to track a Dollar.
    That is even true in the Corporate World.

15. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200 Landcruiser
    So you are saying the beheading didn't happen?

Really?? You know this for fact??? Or could it have been that various terror plots have been headed off at the pass thus never happened so therefore nobody knows about it?? It's kinda like the car getting stopped speeding down the highway - doesn't hit anything so doesn't make the news. Now imagine if the same car wasn't stopped and tore around the bend running over a bus load of school kids crossing the road - imagine the headlines. The truth is that nobody without a security clearance is going to know either way when it comes to specifics of national security in most cases.

[other incomprehensible ramblings of Skydrol deleted]

16. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    I am not saying that did not happen; just saying that does not look convincing.

Ok then, seems that all think that I am a nut case.

However, anybody can back up the information on the news? Apparently all say "Amen" to whatever is said.

Where is the free spirit?

The thing that makes me wonder is where I am at the video is talked and discussed vastly but nobody seems to even seen it.
    Seen is believing so I watched it and to be honest is just not convincing.

As a joke; is as convincing as some jackasses on a backyard.

For example; the person is going to be executed so is calmed as heck.
    Looks like he is reading a cue board, in the way a TV does.
    Not sure about you but if my end is near I will be kicking and fighting to the end.
    Will tell the Rag Heads to piss off.

Interesting, they went through the hassle to tuck in the microphone under the shirt.

If anybody butchered an animal knows that is not easy with that puny knife.

If is such a gruesome video, publish the whole thing, let anybody exterminate it.
    Someone might be able to find some useful, right?
    No, is just put away so you do not get scared and take their word for it.

There are a lot of things that does not seems to be right.

Another thing that makes some go wonder...

We have a bunch of Rag Head Camel Jockeys riding on a back of a beat up Toyota Hilux.
    For some odd reason, they seem to like Toyota and they make sure that you see the tailgates (product placement perhaps?).
    When I was in the Middle East they had a plethora of vehicle brands, from new to fried up.
    The news outlets say they are dressed like Bedouins coming to a shore near you.
    If they are so well funded, why they look like crap?
    On my view will be more convincing if they look organized and well equipped, the news said they are well funded, right?
    Their training camps looks like a dirt patch with Monkey Bars as training aid.
    They shoot out in the open their AK 47s.
    By the way, who took the video of the Camel Jockey wasting bullets shooting at nothing?
    No worries, they have so much money to blow it up on rounds.

In the USA we say, no reason to be scared, bring it on bitches.
    We have a enough rounds and ammo at home to blow your head clean off.
    Too many people bored out of their skull shooting cans on their backyards.

My question to all is, why nobody challenges the sources?

Most are sitting watching the Tele dumbfounded like the people on the Apple Ad in 1984.

Nobody needs to be on an obscure basement inside a Faraday Cage reading alien crap.

All I am saying is, challenge the source.
    Ask questions.

17. AirStrike

Members Ride:
    91' VN SS
    I butcher goats, etc with a knife smaller then that shown.
    Just saying.
    As for ammo, there are 9 billion rounds of 7.62x39 out there, not exactly expensive with all the military surplus.

18. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Sounds like K in the Men In Black movie; how that quote goes?

"There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!"

How the other quote from the same movie goes?
    "People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

To be honest, would be a good PR campaign to tell people how your tax Dollars are working.
    I say, show me what my money is funding, what I am paying for.

For that they have a nifty show called 24 with Jack Bauer to fight them, all he needs is cape to make it more convincing.

19. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    I must say, that guy was very expeditious with it.
    Makes me wonder, how hard was to get through the spine/neck.
    Just looking at it from a technical aspect.

Yes tons of surplus even that is a lot, they are not free.
    Pricing is debatable; perhaps a goat trade and some other crap for an ammo can, could be a fair price.

Do not member seen around Fallujah, Bagadad, Balad... someone caring a basket throwing filled magazines/loose ammo to the population.
    Not even in Mogadishu and that place is a crap hole from hell.

A broke Camel Jockey will spend the money on some more useful; like an iPhone (yes, highly sarcastic joke).

20. Calaber

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    Does anybody else on this forum find themselves wondering what the hell Skydrol is on about?

Does hotrod have an alter-ego?