Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Is it ever possible for me, or anybody else for that matter, to express a simple opinion, or outline an experience, without you coming back with a totally opposite opinion? You are a beligerent PITA.

Why don't you go and find a nice lonely mountain somewhere and preach your bloody sermons there, instead of clogging up this forum with your antogonistic garbage?

Isnt this thread for all political opinions(not just those of the right wing extremists), you have your right to express your opinion, and anyone like me who has an opinion contrary to yours is not?, and should also be abused for not thinking like you?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Sorry did, I accuse anyone of advocating fatal beatings or sexual abuse? that would be no.

extrapolate sexual abuse from corporal punishment is wrong? plenty of first hand evidence from that in catholic schools im afraid.

I suggest you re-read Reapers post. He was specifically not reponding to your post but someone elses. Not sure why you quoted it.

So, did someone accuse you of accusing anyone of advocating fatal beatins or sexual abuse? That would be no.

Are you accusing someone of accusing you of something, even though they clearly are not accusing you of it at all? That would be a yes.

Hmmm...

In other news:
http://www.theage.com.au/environmen...ving-ets-a-big-error-rudd-20110404-1cysv.html

Rudd talks about the ETS. Apparently it he thinks he shouldn't have shelved is and push ahead to implement it.

It seems no matter who is/was running Labor, their main goal is screwing Australians over as much as possible.

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Sorry did, I accuse anyone of advocating fatal beatings or sexual abuse? that would be no.

extrapolate sexual abuse from corporal punishment is wrong? plenty of first hand evidence from that in catholic schools im afraid.

I was making my position clear on the subject. You bought up the issues of abuse which nobody here is advocating in any shape or form.

Reaper

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Isnt this thread for all political opinions(not just those of the right wing extremists), you have your right to express your opinion, and anyone like me who has an opinion contrary to yours is not?, and should also be abused for not thinking like you?

It's not that you have a contrary opinion, you prawn. It's what you extrapolated my statement into. Just go and have a look for that mountain, will you?

slutvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Ute series II
stuff the cane, make it a bit of 4 by 2, and dont sand it down, those splinters will make them think, along with the broken knuckles.

having just come out of school i can tell you, younger years are getting worse and worse. and its too late to change their attitudes.
maybe some sort of military discipline could do people alot of good, teaching respect and when to shut up.

definitly definitly agree. im just finishing up on yr 12 and farkkk the little year 7's have some attitude. i remember when i started off i was scare to look at the older kids the wrong way incase i got my head fushed or somethin. but now if you look at the little rats they usually just say "stop f##### looking at me" or like the one day i was just sitting down with mates n 3 year 7 or 8 girls came over and just started saying oi ya f##### gay c### brahhh no word of a lie. im pretty young myself but i can say that jesus christ were in for a shock in the next 10 years.

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
I was making my position clear on the subject. You bought up the issues of abuse which nobody here is advocating in any shape or form.

Reaper

Yes, I brought it up as I am concerned with any push for the reintroduction of corporal punishment will most likely see an increase in sexual abuse in the catholic system or indeed any other organisation that deals with young people.

I sincerely dont think I accused anyone of advocating corporal punishment as being pro child molester etc, just pointing out the possibilites as history shows us the two in the past have been very closely linked.

You all have friends who are teachers that think it should be reintroduced, why dont they get together and make a political point about it if they are in the majority?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yes, I brought it up as I am concerned with any push for the reintroduction of corporal punishment will most likely see an increase in sexual abuse in the catholic system or indeed any other organisation that deals with young people.

I sincerely dont think I accused anyone of advocating corporal punishment as being pro child molester etc, just pointing out the possibilites as history shows us the two in the past have been very closely linked.

You all have friends who are teachers that think it should be reintroduced, why dont they get together and make a political point about it if they are in the majority?

If this problem is as prevalent and results from the abuse of corporal punishment as you suggest, then strange, is it not, that I, and many others, successfully negotiated many years (in my case, thirteen) of schooling in the public system during the 50's and 60's, during which corporal punishment was in vogue, without ever once being molested/abused/assaulted by anybody in authority? So I won't agree that one necessarily leads to the other.

Like many of my ilk, I copped a caning for transgressions, only in my final year managing to avoid such foolishness. Didn't turn me into an abuser/basher/kiddy-fiddler. Didn't affect any friends who went through school with me either. Nor did any of us suffer any adverse affects that resulted in antisocial or criminal behaviour as adults, either.

Those of you who perpetrate the theories that corporal punishment is archaic and cruel have failed utterly to arrive at appropriate and effective alternatives. Juvenile crime, including levels of violence within school grounds during school hours, are at levels we never could have dreamt of in our youth. The severity of some crimes, such as shooting another student with a crossbow, knifing another student to death, gang bashings, igniting the hair of a mentally disadvantaged girl while others filmed the event with their phone cameras.....need I continue? What effective deterrents have your theorists and practitians arrived at to prevent or reduce the incidence of such aggression? Suspension? Transfer to another school? Expulsion? Tsk tsk....so great a threat to the miscreant.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

LMFAO, this would have to be one of stupidest posts I have seen on here in a long time.

Corrporal punishment has sexual abuse ties? HAHAHAHAHA

You are seriously cracked between the ears.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
New thread started. Old one was a bit big.

Ban on naughty corner, Easter parades | News.com.au

...the above link is a joke. It is no wonder we are seeing such poor literacy and maths skills coming out of schols. No longer is discipline something that helps children, instead, discipline is evil that gives us thegenerations we have...
Anychance we can make this a sticky ?.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline