Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by minux, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Corporations are fixated in proffits and does not give 2 shits about anything else. For example, NAFTA created a nice deal with Mexico. All US car manufacturers including Germans and others, moved there for 1 reason. Is cheap ! Cheap labor, next to nothing environmental laws, is manufacturing heaven. Still getting shitty cars though.... In the US, we do not see any of that and if you cannot see it, it does not hurt.

I believe that are lots of example in Oz and the mining industry. How the land is polluted and there is huge wall of red tape to take any action.

What about Oz ask for the money wasted on the F35 or the one given to Clinton Global Initiative (thanks Julia) and use it for some better at home?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  2. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Right so basically from what you're saying Sydrol is that the reason a number of our roads are really poor in Tas is because the big mines just care about profits?? And does the same apply for simply adding a 10c refund on drink containers which South Australia and the Northern Territory already do. So somehow it is up to big business to talk to our gov's to implement these ideas that some states have had in place for almost 40 years??? The answer to me doesn't seem that complicated. I was under the assumption that a political party had to draft legislation on these simple policies and then ask the Gov to vote?? Or am I missing some here??

3. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    No, big business controls the gov co. Politicians are nothing more than pitchmen. How that goes... Money talks, Bullshit walks.

In manufacturing, we use some called the 5 Whys. Ask why 5 times, perhaps more and you will find the answer of why the things are the way they are.

I used mining as an example. To be honest, they are one of the worse polluters on the planet. Ask where Lithiun is from, follow the trail, you will be surprised that Electric Cars are not as "green" as people believe. Did you know, Afghanistan has vast deposits of Lithium and other metals? Let that stew for a minute and you will find out, why the US is neck deep in the area. That is beside the Poppy fields own by whom?

Also, the people ask for this and that, who is going to foot the bill? Any big or small project cost money. The Gov has a Printing Press and print as much as they want. All that does is devaluate the currency and is a viscious cycle until all crash. The Gov Co swamp creatures are good at blaming others and find excuses for the fiasco.

Just ask, why the roads are bad, wait for the answer and ask why again, again and again...

Tree cutter likes this.
  4. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Yes Skydrol but I am talking about little things. Drink container refunds in particular. Going by what your saying SA and NT are not being held ransom by big corps like every other state. Because they have this in place already. I want to make a difference in my back yard. Stuff what the big corps do. I don't have the money to take of a law suit for the pollution they are creating. But I can make a diff locally and one who drives Tas roads regularly I can say we are one of the most litter filled places I have seen in Australia. I have travelled to every state bar WA and I must say we are the most disrespectful people when it comes to keeping our bush and roadsides free of rubbish. This could change if we were better educated. But from your argument the big corps like the rubbish on the streets because in some way they make people toss it on the ground and out their car windows.

5. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    It takes a strong and tight community to clean it. Refunds on containers is chump change. Seems like a honorable cause but is not cost effective for the amount of effort involved.

A lot has to do with habits. The sense of duty of taking care of what you have. Always say, take care of your things (meaning, everything and anything) and those things will take care of you.

The issue of throwing trash on the roads is some that has to come from the individual. That is not a money issue, is a respect issue. Do not be shy on calling someone out. Due to political correctness, you might offend the person, therefore, you keep your mouth shut. I am grumpy old man... I yelled at people cutting on the queue/line, not shy speaking my mind, screw them!

If you go to poor countries, people have low moral, self steem and they do not give a damn about anything, nation pride is lost, plain apathy. The money issue can play by placing more law enforcement to fine the perps. Also, could be a mix of both, not enough money to pay for cops, in turn, lower wagers turns moral down, or just not enough of money to increase the personnel.

Does not matter, poor or rich, put the trash where it belong, in the bin.

All boils down to slowdown on the economy.

You see... you said it, not enough money for a law suit. Is another way to push away individuals with a legitimate complaint. Sunk by the legal bureaucracy created by lawyers.

I have a soft spot for Australia, for what I read, seems to have a warm hearted friendly population. Will hate to see you guys going down the drain. Is on my bucket list to visit the land of down under. Will make a trip one of these days, when my daugher is old enough to stomach a flight there.

6. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Will like to share this video. Very interesting stuff and some explanations.

7. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    The Youtube Shooter was an Iranian Female inmigrant... Mark Dice cannot say it any better.

losh1971 likes this.
  8. Zeke Topanaga

Zeke Topanaga Active Member

Members Ride:
    HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
  9. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Great documentary.

10. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    F-Book saga...

11. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Budget..... What a joke. Give the average person on $60k a $10 a week tax saving..... Wholllll that was well thought out????? Why not pay those billions in lost tax into reducing our debt. Treasurer want's us to spend up big and increase consumption. Well if the wife banks that $10 a week for the next 30 months we might be able to buy a new TV in 2 1/2 years time. Oh no that's right it will take three years because the debt is going so much that our purchasing price on a new TV from China will actually be $2k in June 2021......

Lex likes this.
  12. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Is the beauty of Keynesian Economics. Print Currency to no end. Is not sustainable and all it does is robing every individual of their wealth by the loss of purchasing power.

Zeke Topanaga likes this.
  13. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Or if you're the Aust Commonwealth Gov you just keep borrowing more money.... We know how well that worked out for Greece.... And the Gov have the ordacity to tell us spend all this extra money we will be getting.... I don't earn anywhere near $60k, not even half, so my tax savings will $3 a week if that. Oh good I will buy an extra ice coffee once a week from Coles Express on my way home from work..... That will help the economy......

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  14. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    You forgot the Romans and the German Weimar Republic. Venezuela is on the right track to oblivion. Printing Currency to no end to keep up.

Same in the US, all they are trying to do is increase the Velocity of Money. Is part of the cripple shell game the bankers play.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velocity_of_money

Mike Maloney on part 4 he explains it.

15. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Excellet interview.

16. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Your thoughts, opinions....

17. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Lynette Zang with Tony K from NZ.

Episode 180 of the A Minute To Midnite Show. Lynette Zang joins Tony K. Lynette reveals some startling information about what is happening in the global economy. A digital SDR, an impending replacement of LIBOR, insolvent banks, and a global financial system that is on life support. Are the central Banksters attempting to put the pieces in place for a total reset of the financial system? And even more - are they creating the platform for a totally new system, to replace the current one?

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 1:42 AM
  18. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
  19. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Oz, what the heck is this rubbish?

20. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8 series 3, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory.
    I'll fix your question, you mean " Oz, what the heck is this ? Rubbish !!!!"
    Unfortunately, Oz is now a land of all things imported …… goods, people, and ideas.
    Goods come from anywhere in Asia.
    People and Ideas ...…. can't answer that. I'd be racist, opinionated, sexist, mysogonist, homophobic, (and lots of other labels that I can't spell.)
    The only thing we can export is Kiwis and Poms with criminal records, but we are not good at that either.
    We can't even skite about how good our cricket team is anymore, the country is stuffed.

Skydrol likes this.