Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

Should get interesting...seems to be a few holes on both sides. Could be a hatchet job, who knows. Timeline looks way out of whack, even more weird is a courier working a public holiday, it is nigh impossible to find someone who will do anything, especially on a good friday.

Time to wait and see!

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
ICAC means little these days; a whole heap of dirty laundry gets aired, and very few get charged. But with Sinodinos (sic?), Obeid etc. in bed together, there seems not to be a real distinction between the two major parties in NSW. Sometimes the Libs actually seem to be more progressive than ALP (ALP in NSW overrun by the Catholic Church, and its union arm the SDA). When ALP was in power, if you wanted higher level public sector jobs, it helped if you were a practicing Catholic.

EDIT: wow, that post got really sidetracked!

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
ICAC means little these days; a whole heap of dirty laundry gets aired, and very few get charged. But with Sinodinos (sic?), Obeid etc. in bed together, there seems not to be a real distinction between the two major parties in NSW. Sometimes the Libs actually seem to be more progressive than ALP (ALP in NSW overrun by the Catholic Church, and its union arm the SDA). When ALP was in power, if you wanted higher level public sector jobs, it helped if you were a practicing Catholic.

EDIT: wow, that post got really sidetracked!

Well it doesn't matter much now, Bazza O'Farrell has resigned!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Well it doesn't matter much now, Bazza O'Farrell has resigned!

This is the best news I have heard for months. Whilst I vote conservative, I want a Premier with a bit of go in him. O'Farrell has been a road block to progress since his election. Hope to hell they come up with a person a bit younger and more dynamic who isn;t afraid to make a decision without the assistance of a two year committee beforehand.

ICAC must have really come up with some substance over a lousy bottle of wine for him to act like this.....

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Barry O'Fail is out, yay!

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Didn't like Barry, not nearly as much as I disliked the preceding Labor pollies though...

Let's just say I don't have any real hope of us getting a decent Premier any time soon.

Please, oh please, surprise me!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
OK, so Bruce Baird is our new Premier. I think that's good news. Baird has impressed me for some time as being are more progressive than O'Farrell. He is prepared to sell off the poles and wires - O'Farrell wasn't, despite all the advice and evidence suggesting he should. NSW needs a large injection of funds to get infrastructure moving and the deal recently negotiated between NSW and the Federal government, involving state asset sell-offs, should see something moving, and possibly, a lot more of it, now that Baird is at the helm.

As for Barry, well, I find it extremely difficult to believe that he could not remember receiving the bottle of wine. Incredibly stupid blunder for an "honest" politician.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
privitising infrastructure, more specifically the power industry isn't always that good.

just look at Vic with the costs associated with power.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
NSW ALP sold our power off for a song and from what I can gather we didn't get a drop in price or improvement in service. All that happened socially was a group of investors who possibly already had money are now even richer.

As for Baird - not a fan, I believe he is part of the right-wing christian faction in NSW Liberal, big connections to Hill$ong etc. (But of course am open to correction ;) )

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
privitising infrastructure, more specifically the power industry isn't always that good.

just look at Vic with the costs associated with power.

Here in NZ, our Govt has privatised our power generation companies, to the tune of 51% Govt owned to 49% privately owned.
Time will tell if our power costs to the consumer go down, can't see it happening myself.... what with investors looking for dividends/returns on investment, although was advertised for "mum & dad" investors.
If Rio Tinto left our shores we would have a glut in power generation, they use approx 33% of all power generated. They held our Govt by the balls and wanted to have their power subsidised to the tune of approx NZ$300 million or there would be approx
3000 staff looking for new jobs..