Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I'm 29 this year, earning close to double the median income and at the moment I feel I cannot afford to have a child with my wife, who also earns more than the median income. Meanwhile, the centrelink line is full of double prams and people who say "like" a lot.

Anyway, that's another topic.
Dude, seriously, who much do you think it costs to have a kid or 2?
Vast majority of the population does it with much less.......my parents did, my uncle and aunt did, my friends and cousins do......all working, no centrelink......

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Not really, it's all about perspective.

I'm sure someone external with different views on financial security and affordability would say we can, just as I know a few people who are in a less comfortable financial position than we are but feel they are able to afford a house that is almost double the value of our place and they drive brand new luxury cars.

The difference being, if one of there incomes ends they will be "making ends meet" while in our situation if one of our incomes was to end, even mine, we would be in a position to continue our life effectively un-changed for the next 3 years.

Either way, a paid parental leave scheme is aimed an encouraging people who are in the workforce to have a child if they were on the fence about it. Then they are able to bring up a child with values like respect and hard work rather than values of holding out your hand and entitlement.

loooooooooool...... You could have millions but when kids happen, **** changes in a huge way :lmao:.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Either way, a paid parental leave scheme is aimed an encouraging people who are in the workforce to have a child if they were on the fence about it. Then they are able to bring up a child with values like respect and hard work rather than values of holding out your hand and entitlement.

So welfare for the wealthy is ok then?

How do you get that the spoilt little rich kids are better than everyone else's kids?

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I'm 29 this year, earning close to double the median income and at the moment I feel I cannot afford to have a child with my wife, who also earns more than the median income. Meanwhile, the centrelink line is full of double prams and people who say "like" a lot.

The difference being, if one of there incomes ends they will be "making ends meet" while in our situation if one of our incomes was to end, even mine, we would be in a position to continue our life effectively un-changed for the next 3 years.

How can you say you don't feel like you can afford to have a child, but in the next breath say you can afford to loose one income for 3 years without an issue?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
loooooooooool...... You could have millions but when kids happen, **** changes in a huge way :lmao:.

Regardless of income, 2 kids under the age of 5 can make a simple trip out for sunday morning coffee an ordeal......
Don't have kids myself but have seen it with friends/family.....

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I have twin boys that are 6 going on 26, trust me it doesn't stop at 5

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride

How do you get that the spoilt little rich kids are better than everyone else's kids?

How you managed to draw those conclusions from your quoted text is beyond me beyond the fact that for whatever reason you have one **HUGE** chip on your shoulder.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Regardless of income, 2 kids under the age of 5 can make a simple trip out for sunday morning coffee an ordeal......
Don't have kids myself but have seen it with friends/family.....

Give a 3yo and a 8 month old who has just started to crawl a whirl at any establishment what so ever :s

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
How can you say you don't feel like you can afford to have a child, but in the next breath say you can afford to loose one income for 3 years without an issue?

Having a child is a choice and something you can plan for. Loss of income is not therefore different financial situations come into play. Plus after a certain period of time if I cannot find employement I can start looking at less favorable options. Can't decide the child is not working out and scale down to a dog instead.

As I mentioned, it's a perspective thing. At this time from our perspective we cannot afford kids, but that is a perspective that can change.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L

You are such a individual who is mentally challenged but in a endearing sort of way.

Given my post is differentiating people by the categories of employed and unemployed, you will have to run us through how any child who's parents are working becomes a "spoilt rich kid" based of your logic.

I would say everything you post is one eyed, but really a more accurate label is "idiotic".

Last edited: