Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by minux, Apr 4, 2011.

1. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    I heard one employee received all the commodore workshop manuals produced. Now he is selling them as PDFs for 300 a peice...:eek:

2. Calaber

Calaber Nil Bastardo Carborundum

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    They sure don't get severance packages of noodles or tyres. Packages would be financial only, based on years of service, untaken annual and long service leave. Different companies have differing pro-rata payments but annual leave and long service leave are set in industrial agreements and must comply with national and state legislation and awards.

Reaper likes this.
  3. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Cat videos are now days attention getter.

4. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS
    100% guaranteed those manuals were otherwise acquired quite separate to any redundancy package from GM.

5. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory Ghia.
    For Skydrol…….. This is about how Oz workers get treated when their employer goes down the gurgler.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12...ny-workers-in-limbo-as-depots-closed/10640030
    The failure of Ansett Airlines, HIH Insurance, and a few other high profile big companies in the early 2000s, forced a major change to employees regarding their entitlements and superannuation benefits . Not that the current legislation is a cure-all, but better than a packet of noodles.

losh1971 likes this.
  6. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    When the Co i worked for went bust i received my wages but lost 1000s in unpaid super. My boss simply never paid it and i found out later when i tried to transfer the so called funds into my new provider..... Should have known the writing was on the wall though because our pays were sometimes well over a week late. But me being 27 years old was a bit oblivious to what was going on.

7. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    There is no such thing as a "free beer/lunch" in this universe....

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-26/china-take-over-kenyas-largest-port-over-unpaid-chinese-loan?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+zerohedge/feed+(zero+hedge+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline,+the+survival+rate+for+everyone+drops+to+zero)

"No more Mr. Nice Chinese Guy.

After years of "benevolent" handouts to various African countries by Beijing, all of which however came in the form of loans, of which few have led to viable, long-term projects and cash-flow generating assets, and led to accusations that China is pursuing a "new colonialism" of the African continent (and more recently, nations along the One Belt, One Road corridor), China is demonstrating to the world what happens when its debtors refuse to pay up.

But first a brief detour: readers will recall that China's ambitions for Africa are hardly new, and were discussed here over 6 years ago for the first time in "The Beijing Conference": See How China Quietly Took Over Africa"

[​IMG]

8. c2105026

c2105026 Active Member

Members Ride:
    2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
    When Pagewood closed in 1980, workers only got 6-8 weeks notice.

When the big car plants closed in Australia in 2016-2017, they were given 3 years notice, and for workers I believe there were healthy severance packages with all entitlements paid (as the companies Holden/Ford/Toyota Australia were all solvent, so they were legally obliged to do so).

So workers even had almost enough time to theoretically train up in another trade, or do most of a standard university degree.

9. Tailgunner

Tailgunner New Member

Members Ride:
    VE 2 SSV Redline wagon
    Trump is God

10. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    I know, I know... is about the USA Medicaid system and the scams that plagues the system. However, the take away from it, they are talking about Immigrants and Free Loaders in the system. Also, how the system itself allows such scams in the form of sercives provided by contractors. Perhaps AU is not that bad but they made some goods points that might apply in Down Under. Most people are not aware of things like this until "some" makes them aware.

11. Baldoldfart

Baldoldfart New Member

Members Ride:
    VY
    In a free enterprise medical system what do you expect? Big pharma extorts because they can. If you get cancer in Merrycar and are poor you die. If you have a house and get cancer you have to sell it or die, some cancer treatments are over $100,000 a year. Land of the free eh? Free to be ripped off, maybe every doctor could be issued with a gun and if the patient can't pay then they could euthanize the poor so they are no more burden on the community.
    No real problem because the way the Russian Trumpf is going he will have the place bankrupted shortly, China will be asking for all the money USA has borrowed and will move in on the banks. You Yanks will have to talk Cantonese shortly.

12. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Well, the money is not in any cure, is on the treatment/services. Why would you get rid of the clients? So does not serve the Pharma interests to find any cure, is just bad business. Anyway, when the Big Pharma funds the politicians careers, you see what we got.

Oh yeah, we are going to speak any language shortly. Por lo menos yo me defiendo hablando Castellaño. La pasé de lo más bien en Costa Rica, recomiendo el sitio.

13. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Here is some interesting, I said this many times over.

Published on Jan 5, 2019

In this video is audio from John Kerry talking about how the US needs to pump weapons to Daesh (ISIS) for the purpose of destabilizing the region to throw Assad out so ISIS can take Syria and approve the US's plan for a pipeline.

After Trump cut the money spigot, where is ISIS now?

14. Baldoldfart

Baldoldfart New Member

Members Ride:
    VY
    He must have learnt from Republicans supplying the Taliban with training and weapons, or the US supporting dictators from Chile through to central Merrycar? Maybe even selling drugs to bankroll fighting the carmunists in Asia?

15. Baldoldfart

Baldoldfart New Member

Members Ride:
    VY
    HeySkydroller, you wear your "Make America Mexico again" hat probably?

16. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Heck, if you believe the Dems and Reps bs, you are wrong. I magine that you are watching Wrestling. Good Guys Vs Bag Guys, at the end of the match, you see them sharing a paint at the local pub.

Is all farce, a Duopoly of the same revolving swamp critters.

17. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Technicaly, anybody from the American Continent are American, so, the people from the USA are not the only ones on the planet. However, you have to give props to the guy, he knows what people want.

I am what Gerald Celente call himself, a "Political Atheist". I do not vote and is my right not to participate.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  18. Baldoldfart

Baldoldfart New Member

Members Ride:
    VY
    Never been able to watch wrestling, sorry. Swamp? Trumpf has taken the term swamp and redefined it, running the Guvmint for his own personal money making machine.
    As for not voting that sort of makes your comments invalid, you criticize but don't participate

figjam likes this.
  19. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory Ghia.
    You have the right to vote, and you don't ……….... far canal !!.
    Just like all the football fans who are better players than those on the field, and know more about the rules and have better eyesight than the ref.

20. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Trump is doing a better job than the Democrats would. Just like Libs are doing a far better job than Labor could or have done for at least 20 years.