Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
As long as some unions behave like this, Shorten is going to have a tough job convincing the electorate that he is genuinely trying to divorce the party from the union movement.

It's really just leftist propaganda, and probably no worse than what was written about Gillard. The union movement is going to endure many things under the Coalition that they won't like without the level of support from the Opposition that they have enjoyed in the past.

So sad. Too bad.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Really, how the #### is that any different from what the news limited press has done to the Left in general over the last couple of years?

There is political trash, which everyone does, then there is that.

There is a line, both Labor and Liberal seem to never cross it, but these union fools soon not to be aware of it.

Comparing a few broken policitcal promises to the nazi war crimes, is a bit insensitive to the later don't you think?

And the Liberals even had this to work with:

julia_gillard_facist_salute.jpg

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Whether that particular image should have been used...to me it is very tacky, message could have been portrayed much more effectively. Other unions I have seen material for (eg. NSWTF) portray the message much more professionally; simple, direct, straight to the point, and no Nazism ;).

I do agree that if you want to go off on some silly tangent as the ETU has, you will lose much credibility.

I recall one issue of the Telecrap aligning the ALP communications minister Conroy to Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, Castro etc, so at least the ETU have the 'excuse' they are not a 'professional' news organisation.

That being said the zionist lobby-person in the article saying noone should get political mileage out of a horrid act of genocide is quite ironic to say the least.....

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
to be honest.
I received said material in the mail before it came to light.
I had no idea it was related to the nazi regime til it was brought to light.
honestly thought they were trying to make him look thug like but had no idea it went to such a level.

as an ETU member I do not condone what they have done.
am a bit unhappy about it.
but obviously what is done is done.

also I thought it was a private publication?
not that it should matter but didn't know the public could get a hold of it.

on a side note. some of the things they do write in their magazines (vic and national publications) are pretty well thought through.
was a big thing about privatisation not that long ago and it did make a lot of sense.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The Teacher's Federation has been somewhat militant in the past, but their target was usually the NSW Government. They would obviously be more moderate than trades unions such as the CFMEU or ETU, because of the nature of the industry. It seems that the more "physical" industries are those which have the ratbag union element working "for" them. Obviously, not all members support the unions actions, as Drawnite's post indicates. (and when I refer to ratbag unions, I refer specifically to the union leaders who propagate this sort of garbage, not the members.)

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
thing is, a lot of those unions leaders used to work in the industry.
some people I have worked with remember when some of those leaders were first year apprentices and used to work with them :p

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Whether that particular image should have been used...to me it is very tacky, message could have been portrayed much more effectively. Other unions I have seen material for (eg. NSWTF) portray the message much more professionally; simple, direct, straight to the point, and no Nazism ;).

I do agree that if you want to go off on some silly tangent as the ETU has, you will lose much credibility.

I recall one issue of the Telecrap aligning the ALP communications minister Conroy to Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, Castro etc, so at least the ETU have the 'excuse' they are not a 'professional' news organisation.

That being said the zionist lobby-person in the article saying noone should get political mileage out of a horrid act of genocide is quite ironic to say the least.....

Ohhhh I'm sure all the big unions have professional media people who do their communications. No 2 ways about it. That said, I'd lump this in with the same category as the Gillard 2 big thighs and a red box menu - just ignore it and move on.

to be honest.
I received said material in the mail before it came to light.
I had no idea it was related to the nazi regime til it was brought to light.
honestly thought they were trying to make him look thug like but had no idea it went to such a level.

as an ETU member I do not condone what they have done.
am a bit unhappy about it.
but obviously what is done is done.

also I thought it was a private publication?
not that it should matter but didn't know the public could get a hold of it.

on a side note. some of the things they do write in their magazines (vic and national publications) are pretty well thought through.
was a big thing about privatisation not that long ago and it did make a lot of sense.

Any publication that gets distributed to 10,000 (or whatever the number is) people has zero chance of remaining confidential/private/whatever.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage