Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by minux, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    There are some things that does not add up.

For what I read of the so called manifesto.

He is poor. Where did he got the money to buy the rifles, ammo and magazines. The Red Dot sight, is pricey and is add on, also the furniture adds to the cost.

I found odd to enforced the "Whitie" meme.

On the video.

On one point in the video it has a misfire. These rifles are not that easy to operate, you have to practice. He seems to have no issues there, so where did he practiced.

Operation seems fairly good. Where did he got the time and money to practice. The Red Dot sight needs Zeroing.

The camera. Perfectly placed in a "Video Game" fashion and decent video quality.

I trully hate to see people loosing their life on this maner. Not sympathy for the perpetrator. But some bothers me on the execution of it. Like this guy had some sort of training.

2. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory Ghia.
    I think that the video has been blocked in NZ and Aust. No loss.
    Why would you want to watch it anyway ????
    Seeing kids playing 'shoot em up' computer games gives me s**ts big time.

3. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    No, not for pleasure, kicks or any type of enjoyment. To me, I see that is more to it than just a wacko.

Another thing.

AR type rifles are pricey, why not using an AK that are far cheaper. Still, a poor guy and was able to find and afford that. I find that suspicious.

4. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    [​IMG]

That is not symbol for "White" Supremacy. The media came out with that because Trump do that when he talk, is a manerism, seen other people talking and moving their hands doing the same thing. Since the media is all "Orange Man is Bad", they came out wih that bullcrap.

Here is the real meanig, a silly game kids used to play. My kids did that and even I played with them. A sitcom called "Malcolm in the Middle" made an episode based on that. Watch and see the true meaning of it.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  5. keith reed

keith reed Active Member

Members Ride:
    1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
    I read in the New Zealand Herald that he inherited money when his father died and also traded in cryptocurrency. No mention of how much.

6. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Really, Crypto... what other memes/stereotypes are they going to throw at it? I bet it has a closet full of red MAGA hats. Inherited money, I guess that is the justification on how he was able to buy the hardware.

I know people that invest/trade and use cryptos and they are not "evil" by a long shot.

To me, his backstory, stinks.

7. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Well, this guy noticed what I noticed.

https://www.sgtreport.com/2019/03/brendon-oconnell-mosque-shooter-was-professionally-trained/

Even a well connected organised crime figure would have trouble and you would immediately risk being on the “police radar” if you tried. So where did he train in their operation, tactics and handling? He was not long in New Zealand. He cannot buy firearms in New Zealand as an Australian citizen. Who brought them for him? Who supplied them? It is legal to own the AR15 he used and semi-automatic shotguns with the appropriate hunting licenses. Some claim his AR15 magazines were illegal 30 round.

You do not handle an AR15, military-style semi-automatic assault rifle like that unless you have trained to clear jams and misfires in the efficient manner he displays. He darts back into cover, out of the expansive prayer hall into a narrow hallway to change magazines – this is not something you do naturally. This is military training. House clearing – to make it harder to be attacked while changing magazines.

8. keith reed

keith reed Active Member

Members Ride:
    He can buy firearms in New Zealand as an Australian citizen providing he has a New Zealand licence. He had had a New Zealand licence since 2017. If he had an Australian licence it would be very easy to get a New Zealand one. If he did not the same rules would apply for a New Zealand citizen.
    He had belonged to a gun club in the South Island where he apparently spent a lot of time practicing at their rifle range.
    Did he have friends of a like mind overseas and did they help him? Quite likely

9. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Not saying that the act of evil in NZ is not a terrible thing but this is what we don't hear about because the media only bother to report on they want you to know about and so they can undermine the right wingers.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2255583711358688

10. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Well, the guy in NZ is not the only basket case.

In Italy...

Ousseynou Sy, originally Senegalese but with Italian citizenship, stopped the bus he was driving, with two classes of high school students on board.

He was said to have ordered the children's hands to be bound and threatened to kill them and himself during the drive, before setting the vehicle on fire when he was stopped by a police blockade today.

The driver, Ousseynou Sy, a 47-year-old Senegalese-born Italian with a criminal record, reportedly shouted "Stop the deaths at sea, I’ll carry out a massacre" according to police spokesman Marco Palmieri.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...lian-children-set-fire-senegalese-born-driver

11. keith reed

keith reed Active Member

Members Ride:
    Every country has their nutters. Good thing is that most don't feel a need to commit mass murder.

12. immortality

immortality Home of the smoky breakfast Bacon! Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
    I generally don't get involved in this thread but I think we need to clear some thing up here.

For starters any one with a NZ A cat firearms license could up until about 3pm today get an AR15 style weapon here in NZ starting at about NZ$2000. Once you have the weapon it is possible to modify it and therefore make it an illegal weapon (unless you have an E cat endorsement). This is what the shooter did. Visitors to NZ who hold a firearms license in their countries of origin could also apply for a temporary 1 year license here in NZ and purchase weapons here.

The shooter has spent a fair bit of time at a range practising the use of these weapons, the range he used has closed down quiet possibly for ever.

If he had intent to do what he did than wanting to learn to handle a weapon goes without saying, clearly this was not a spur of the moment decision but one that was planned for and executed with some skill. Whether or not he had outside assistance in the use of these weapons I think is something that still needs to be determined. If indeed he did receive training I doubt it happened here in NZ but then he has spent the last few years travelling to some interesting places so who knows what he got up to when he wasn't in NZ or Australia.

I've seen the part of the video (saw it within hours of the event when it was still on facebook) and it was very much like watching a first person shooter type video game. The shooter had also attached a strobe light to further confuse potential targets. Clearly much thought put into this event.

I've done a little shooting in my time, I've helped my brother with load development and zeroing in his riffles, as a shooter these are things you do and I wouldn't consider we are extreme, just a couple of guys who do some target/range shooting and a bit of hunting on the odd occasion.

The shooter has spent a fair part of the last few years travelling around the world visiting historical battle sites etc, clearly he had access to funds. No doubt more of this info will become apparent when he stands before the court.

As off 3pm today, the sale of any MSSA and semi-automatic weapon larger than .22 and a detachable magazine greater than 5 rounds is effectively banned, this also includes shot guns. Within a couple of weeks all these weapons will be banned by law and the government will start a buy back process. Interestingly there was a run on these types of weapons with one retailer selling out before this ban was announced today.

Clearly there are going to be a lot of changes, what I fear is that as is per usual, life will get a lot harder for those of us who abide by the law but the criminals and those of nefarious intend will carry on like nothing has changed.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Skydrol likes this.
  13. Calaber

Calaber Nil Bastardo Carborundum

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    I cant understand why people would rush out and buy weapons before they become prohibited. Once they're banned, it's illegal to own one and I assume that regulations in NZ would at least require solid proof of ID before a sale, so it would be reasonably simple to identify those who had just bought them and then not surrendered them. So, why the rush?

14. immortality

Members Ride:
    One would assume they were hoping it was only going to be a ban on future sales and not an outright ban on owning said type of firearms.

15. Calaber

Calaber Nil Bastardo Carborundum

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    I think they'll follow Australia's example and ban certain types of weapons outright.

16. immortality

Members Ride:
    They are.

As of 3pm today the sale of any MSSA and semi-automatic weapon greater than .22 calibre and that has a removable magazine greater than 5 rounds have been restricted to E cat licenses (you need police endorsement before purchase and they will not endorse), this also includes semi-auto shot guns.

The government intends to pass laws under urgency to band those weapons in the next few weeks with a buy back program and amnesty for people to hand in said weapons no questions asked. Once that expires than harsher penalties will apply for having possession of said weapons.

Once that is done then they will look at licensing laws and the availability of ammunition as as part of a greater overhaul of the firearms act.

Lots of changes ahead.

The actions of this dick head will make life harder for law abiding citizens who like to hunt or shoot recreationally.

17. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory Ghia.
    I watched her press conference, and got confused about shooting the ‘feral animals’.
    I fully understand the problem of possums for Kiwis and kiwis, but unless they have been breeding with your Rugby Union players, a wounded possum is not likely to gore you, or eat you.
    Prior to today, how big a gun did you need to shoot a stoat or possum ?

18. keith reed

keith reed Active Member

Members Ride:
    Another feral animal in New Zealand is the deer. Before they were catching them live one year they took 17,000 out of Fiordland National park.
    For years people managed without semi auto weapons, guess they will have to revert back to the old ways.

19. immortality

Members Ride:
    Well I know a guy who shot 22 possums out of one tree on his farm.

5.56 isn't a huge round but it gives much better range than a .22, it's the convenience of not having to reload every few shots. Until a few years ago we had a huge wabbit problem until someone smuggled in some nasty virus that killed off the majority, unfortunately they smuggled in the wrong strain and those furry wabbits have build up a immunity to said virus and are once again becoming a serious pest. On the annual bunny hunt some people are shooting over 100 bunnies...

Pest control has been a theme for this government and they have just made it harder for those who do the work. It'll be interesting to see what exemptions are made.

20. immortality

Members Ride:
    Live capture is no longer a theme, it's purely a animal cull. Tahr have become a major focus recently and they are really difficult to get so helicopter/riffle is the most efficient way.