Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I will pay that super, accrued sick leave and redundancy is above and beyond in the APS. Still I could earn twice the coin in private but funnily enough I'm proud to be a Commonwealth employee. My work doesn't make some greedy corporation richer. It provides value add to a faculty most Australians wouldn't think twice about. That's job satisfaction to a T.

Amen to that.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
My Dad retired from the public service at 55 in 2007 with his active CSS account. A permanent pension paid to him for the rest of his life at 75% of his finishing salary indexed with CPI. He earns more just from that than I do working full time. Add to that his investment portfolio and superannuation and he's laughing all the way to his grave.

There's no way that system was EVER going to be sustainable. The government would go broke!

Considering you feel it is possible to save up for a few weeks to get $5k for a medical procedure, that is one helluva super fund!! ;) lol jk...

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The CSS was a huge mistake that we will all pay for a long time to come. The following PSS is also severely imbalanced. The third attempt; PSS AP is still better than industry super but has half a chance of not falling in a heap when I'm at retirement age.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
In other news......
Joe Hockey sues Fairfax for defamation (Why didn't Gillard and co think of that wrt News Limited?) Listen sweetie if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen /end drag queen voice
Abbott cancels trip to university apparently after seeing what happened with Julie Bishop...sure those students weren't well behaved, but Abbott has the AFP at his disposal.....
Carbon Tax repeal was apparently voted down in Senate 33-29, stays in place for now......

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ideally the government is about achieving necessary outcomes for its citizens as efficiently as possible, not profiteering. Any monies that fall out of that are consolidated revenues for the people not persons.

Governments are fleeting, elected by voters, whereas my objectives remain unchanged (although are often directed/modified by the government at the time).

I guess living in lala land is something many int his thread do well.

In other news......
Joe Hockey sues Fairfax for defamation (Why didn't Gillard and co think of that wrt News Limited?) Listen sweetie if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen /end drag queen voice

What could Gillard sue for? You can only sue for defamation of the claims made are untrue...she had two journalists sacked for something the Vic fraud squad are now investigating and aren't far off laying charges...whoops..

Abbott cancels trip to university apparently after seeing what happened with Julie Bishop...sure those students weren't well behaved, but Abbott has the AFP at his disposal.....

Looking at all the rubbish being posted on the lefties pages..I would not go either, these are violently bored people living very sad lives. If only they could put as much effort into gaining full time employment the country would be much better off.

Carbon Tax repeal was apparently voted down in Senate 33-29, stays in place for now......

Why the LNP simply does not set the price to zero and leave it is beyond me. No surprise the "swill" once again voted something down.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Looking at all the rubbish being posted on the lefties pages..I would not go either, these are violently bored people living very sad lives. If only they could put as much effort into gaining full time employment the country would be much better off.

This.

Why would you bother go? You know its only going to create a negative headline and achieve nothing.

I understand their anger, I needed Aus Study or whatever it was when I was at Uni for a period, but I also needed to work. When I was kicked off it, I worked full time night shifts and went to Uni during the day, it can be done, its hard, but thats life.

I also agree that we cannot end up like the USA in terms of further education.

However, something needs to be done about the people who just sit on degrees. Pumping out arts degrees and other nonsense qualifications one after the other or entering subjects that have very little if no future job prospects. Fund the degrees that have career paths.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
In other news......

On Hockey - well it entirely depends if they defamed him or not which the courts will decide on in due course. Are you suggesting the media have carte-blanche in publishing anything they want about politicians without account??? Surely if a beyond legal action, what other options are open to a politician - ringing a proprietor and getting the journo sacked?? surely not!

Regarding the Uni visit, according to Christopher Pyne, the AFP's advice is they were worried about the safety of civilians should any protest get out of hand and thus the visit should not proceed. Sounds like a sensible outcome to me.

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
In other news......

Bloody marvellous country this. A whole nation votes heavily in favour of a party that says it will repeal an unpopular act and 33 people decide they were all wrong.......

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Why the LNP simply does not set the price to zero and leave it is beyond me. No surprise the "swill" once again voted something down.

Perhaps the legislation is written in such a way that any proposed changes to an act have to be presented as a bill and go before the Senate for approval, in which case it would also get ****-canned?