Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by minux, Apr 4, 2011.

1. chrisp

chrisp Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

Phew, I thought that she might have been one of the 3440 (excluding suicides) killed by guns in the USA so far this year.

2. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    No need for firearms, Dirty Deeds can be Done Dirt Cheap ;-)

Maybe, the one that called the job is bitching because the perps forgot to put a bullet hole on the head...

3. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    That will piss some Tree Huggers/Alarmists off, how much CO2, CH4, S, NOx are getting thrown in the atmosphere...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...o-city-volcanic-ash-just-erupted-200-times-24

Popocatépetl volcano, just 35 miles from Mexico City and 20 miles from Puebla sent ash and plumes of smoke more than 1.5 miles high. Mexico’s National Centre for Disaster Prevention (CENAPRED) has warned people to keep away from Popocatépetl after 200 eruptions were recorded in just 24 hours. A level three yellow alert has been issued meaning the chance of volcanic activity is immediate to high.

4. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    What is you guys take on this report?

Her story was originaly true or was convinced to change the story?

https://www.wsaz.com/content/news/M...-abduction-at-Huntington-Mall--507974071.html

ORIGINAL STORY
    A man is in custody Monday night after an attempted abduction at the Huntington Mall in Barboursville.

That is according to Barboursville Mayor Chris Tatum, who says that the man tried to grab a child by the hair inside a mall store. The mother was able to startle the man, and he took off.

The mom later identified the man in the food court area, and he was arrested by Barboursville Police with help from Huntington Mall Security. The Cabell County Sheriff's Department was also on the scene to secure the perimeter.

%%%%%%%%%

UPDATE 4/1/2019 @ 11:48 p.m.
    A mom scared off a would-be kidnapper with a gun when he tried to abduct her child Monday. It happened when the family was shopping at the Huntington Mall.

According to Barboursville Police Sgt. A. Jividen the man attempted to grab the five-year-old girl. The woman told police she pulled out a gun and the man quickly left the scene.

%%%%%%%%%%%

UPDATE 4/2/19 @ 1:30 a.m.
    A man is facing a felony charge of attempted abduction after he allegedly grabbed a 5-year-old girl at the Huntington Mall Monday evening.

Mohamed Fathy Hussein Zayan, 54, of Alexandria, Egypt, was arraigned at the Cabell County Courthouse late Monday night.

According to the criminal complaint, a mother was shopping with her daughter in the Old Navy store a little after 6 p.m. when the suspect approached them.

The complaint says the suspect "grabbed the child by the hair and attempted to pull her away," and then the little girl "dropped to the floor with the male still pulling her away."

Police say the mother then pulled out a handgun and told the suspect to let go of the child. The mother told police the man then let go of the girl and ran out of the store into the mall.

Police say a short time later, officers and mall security spotted the suspect walking near the food court, where he was taken into custody.

%%%%%%%%%

UPDATE 4/2/19 @ 4:50 p.m.
    Most charges against a man from Egypt are expected to be dropped after a woman recanted her story that the man tried to abduct her child at the Huntington Mall.

The incident happened when the woman was shopping with her daughter in the Old Navy store a little after 6 p.m. Monday.

In her original story, the mom told police the suspect "grabbed the child by the hair and attempted to pull her away," and then the little girl "dropped to the floor with the male still pulling her away."

Later, the woman told investigators that the whole situation could have been a "cultural misunderstanding" and that the man may have just been patting her daughter on the head.

%%%%%%%%%%%

Prosecutor Corky Hammers says he is filing paperwork to have Mohamed Fathy Hussein Zayan's bond lowered so that he can be released from jail.

Zayan, 54, of Alexandria, Egypt, is charged with attempt to commit a felony. His bond was originally set at $200,000.

In her original story, the mom told police the suspect "grabbed the child by the hair and attempted to pull her away," and then the little girl "dropped to the floor with the male still pulling her away."

Later, the woman told investigators that the whole situation could have been a "cultural misunderstanding" and that the man may have just been patting her daughter on the head.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  5. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Former US Senator Dr Ron Paul. Why the best officials are not lawyers, go figure. I agree, this is an old organization that served its purpose long time ago. Like we say in the US, is just another Weapons Dealership.

%%%%%%%

NATO’s first secretary general, Britain’s Lord Ismay, was candid in the mission of the military alliance. Its objective, he said, was to, “Keep Russia out, the Americans in, and Germany down”.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-05/nato-70-years-old-time-zombie-die

6. Calaber

Calaber Nil Bastardo Carborundum

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    It's been a long time since we had any real discussion on domestic politics so I'll revive the topic with a question or two.

Has anybody noticed how much the Labor policies announced by Shorten last week sound like a script written by the Greens? Are we about to experience another Greens dominated government abortion along the lines of the Gillard years, but much worse?
    Thoughts?

7. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    @Calaber i have no doubt Labor will be in bed with the Greens. If they win the election it will be what the Greens want the Greens will get. If Labor wins it will be a diabolical mess. I'm over the BS. If Australia votes in Labor i will be pissed off but it seems the brainswashing the opposition is doing is pursuading the public that gay marriage and rainbow flags are what the general population see as important. Where as it is a tiny minority with a loud voice keep harping on. I'm getting pissed off tapping my phone pad, because the country is gonna go to sht but as long as the tiny minority are happy that is meant to make everything all right. Being a religious man last thing we want is the Labor Green policy agendas. But i think if we get them then i hope they take away religious freedom. Now don't want to start a religious debate or carry on like Zeke Toppanga used to but i have my reasons, which this forum is not the place to discuss.

Calaber likes this.
  8. Baldoldfart

Baldoldfart Member

Members Ride:
    VY
    Losh you forgot to say Labour will put fuel prices up 200%, dole up 300% and make gay marriage manditory.

keith reed and losh1971 like this.
  9. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    This is not so much political but is just plain ridiculous. Some well known uni overseas somewhere in the UK I believe has said we should not be allowing our children to watch kids films as they send subliminal messages. Apparently Lion King is racist, Snow White is bad because two men kissed her while she was sleeping and was unable to give her consent.... Beauty and the Beast promotes violence against women. It also apparently suggests that a violent man can change if you persevere and he will turn into a loving prince....

10. keith reed

keith reed Active Member

Members Ride:
    1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
    And all our v8's will be gone and we will be forced to drive electric cars. Time to start a revolution.

11. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    http://www.msn.com/en-au/lifestyle/...s-of-those-who-miss-out/ar-BBVJCof?ocid=ientp

Wow schools are banning birthday party invites as some kids might miss out.... Far out I rarely got invites and it's the same now, mehhhh so what? The funny thing about this is a school is happy to ban birthday invites, yet if some poor 10 year old girl is getting beaten up or abused and bullied through online mediums the school will do SFA, go figure.....

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  12. markalan1two

markalan1two Smile and wave boys !!!!

Members Ride:
    X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, Audi S3, Corolla
  13. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    I thought it was Beastiality.

14. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Have heard that as well but this was a recent study. NFI how they assess the data they are given and what evidence they have to support their argument. I think the study was probably biased and had little credibility and the cohort they examined was just a bunch of soft cocks as was the people who led the study...

15. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory Ghia.
    "Shorten’s unfortunate gaffe on Sydney radio where he erroneously claimed that EVs can recharged in about eight to 10 minutes"
    If you spread BS enough with confidence, it doesn't matter if you are wrong.
    https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-advice/electric-vehicles---dispelling-the-myths makes interesting reading about EVs.

Another news comment that made incredulous reading …. the link is too long but google …. we-need-to-train-combat-warriors-not-social-justice-warriors ….. RAAF pilots are now supposed to think of the inconvenience to women before they bomb a strategic target.

The way to the future is a LGBTIQ social justice warrior vegan in an uber electric car on their way to another demonstration demanding the government take action about the chemical composition of clouds.

VS_Pete and losh1971 like this.
  16. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory Ghia.
    Joe Biden, ex US vice pres, is in the poo because he kissed the back of a woman's head. Maybe she wanted to be kissed 'somewhere' else.
    What happened to the good old rumpy pumpy days of JFK and Marilyn, and one of our still living ex PMs who likes a beer or three.

losh1971 likes this.
  17. Calaber

Calaber Nil Bastardo Carborundum

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    I've said this before. This world is f***ed and I'm glad I'm old enough that I won't be around to see the final result.

rucxy, losh1971 and VS_Pete like this.
  18. VS_Pete

VS_Pete Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
    x2

losh1971 likes this.
  19. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Well my friend, all the nations are laced with each other on a Global Agenda. One nation antics, tie with another one's shenanigans.

20. c2105026

c2105026 Active Member

Members Ride:
    2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
    In other news, for the last nearly 5 years I have been a card carrying member of the ALP. I resigned today.

Put simply - If I question a particular marketing angle of the party, it does not automatically mean I’m with the other side. Insinuations of being a traitor from more senior party members are particularly insulting when I put in a crap load of effort to run a local campaign for our candidate.

So cNums is now officially non partisan. When I am looking at a candidate for the next election, I’m going to look specifically at what particular candidates can do for myself, my local community of Forbes, my profession, my interests and the people in my life (family, colleagues, students). But I guess if nothing much is on offer, ALP would be the default setting lol.

Calaber and figjam like this.