Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
And people wonder why the best and brightest don't go into politics :bang:. This is the most ####ed piece of journalism I have seen in a *very* long time.

Best and brightest? :lmao: That's why she did an arts degree, the same thing you guys a few pages back were paying out on. My youngest son is doing nursing as a stepping stone to being a paramedic, he gets high distinctions, earns his lunch money tutoring his class mates, and I can guarantee it's harder than an arts degree where everything is subjective. No scholarship for him, his father is not a personal friend of the head of the school. Hell the head of the school doesn't buy me clothes or donate to my political party either and they don't expect things to get good for them if I am elected...

The age of entitlement is over... For the rest.

edit: Watch that head banging, brain damage is nasty, just look at Abbott and what the hits to the head have done to him, you don't want that to happen to you, maybe it's too late, you seem to do it a lot.

edit2: Or my middle son, he walked out of school into a job in Canberra as a software engineer, no qualifications. We flew him to Canberra for the company to test him out, got the job and was working within three months of leaving school(well finishing school, we home schooled him), he is now paying his way to get a software engineering degree as well as working full time. He wants the paper to go along with his talent.

Best and brightest do arts degrees!:kissmy:

edit3: Just for the record and because I don't want to leave him out, my oldest is a fitter and turner and the father of my only grandchild... so far...

Last edited:

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
The ministerial standards, which were written by Tony Abbott in 2013, encourage ministers to avoid the appearance of potential conflicts arising from family members interests.

Not surprising that he went back on his word with that one. Abbott is good at saying one thing and then doing another. that has proven over the past few weeks.

but then again so are most politicians, Abbott is just smug enough not to bother hiding it.

wink wink.

edit,

I just had to post this.

9213e8e227453c5dd6f025c5decd63ef.jpg

"but I want a free tertiary education NOW daddy!"

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Not surprising that he went back on his word with that one. Abbott is good at saying one thing and then doing another. that has proven over the past few weeks.

but then again so are most politicians, Abbott is just smug enough not to bother hiding it.

wink wink.

edit,

I just had to post this.

9213e8e227453c5dd6f025c5decd63ef.jpg

"but I want a free tertiary education NOW daddy!"

OK darling, daddy got one for free, I'll make sure you get one. I have friends!

Nudge, nudge to your wink, wink. Should we say no more?:rofl:

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
You blokes really must be desperate for a giggle if all you can do is post pictures of Abbott winking and trying to make up smug, clever quips, and sniping at his family.

How about some solid, evidence-supported statements instead of suppositions and innuendo?

So he winked on TV. Big F***ing Deal! The woman on the other end of the line was a grandmother who admitted she worked on a sex line. Hardly mainstream employment and one which would get some sort of reaction from just about every one of us under the circumstances.

Next antagonising point with the lefties. "He lies, he lies!"

Yep. Told some absolute porkers during the election campaign and we conservatives haven't tried for one minute to defend him. Some of us have openly criticised his actions, and conceded that his electoral promises were stupid.

Next point. "The budget deficit is nowhere near what the Government claims it to be and it won't get anywhere near $600 billion plus - it's a figure concocted by Abbott and Hockey etc, etc."

Yet we don't seem to hear much about what the figure will be in Labor's reckoning. Anybody out there in lefty-land care to put up the figures?

"We saved Australia from the worst effects of the GFC." True and that has been accepted by the conservatives on this forum repeatedly. The problem we have is that Labor never seemed to realise when the worst of the GFC was behind us and the incentives could be pared back or stopped. They just kept on spending borrowed money, and had plans to continue doing so.

"Australia has a triple A credit rating which even Costello could never achieve." Yep, true again. And Swan was also voted the world's best Treasurer.

You hate this government? Well, get over it. You'll get your chances at the next election. Conservative voters had to put up with your moronic excuse for a government for six years and hated it just as badly.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
You hate this government? Well, get over it. You'll get your chances at the next election. Conservative voters had to put up with your moronic excuse for a government for six years and hated it just as badly.

at what point did I admit to being a lefty and a labor voter? I didn't. I did not vote labor or even greens in the wa senate election or the last federal election. in fact if you read back, you would see that I would support a tougher budget - I'd love them to spend even less.

I'm just more in touch with the way things really work for "normal" people. and by normal people I don't mean people who live corporate la la land where everyone below them works for free.

as for conservative voters kicking labor out, it's well known that liberal only won because of the "stop the boats!" promise.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
at what point did I admit to being a lefty and a labor voter? I didn't. I did not vote labor or even greens in the wa senate election or the last federal election. in fact if you read back, you would see that I would support a tougher budget - I'd love them to spend even less.

I'm just more in touch with the way things really work for "normal" people. and by normal people I don't mean people who live corporate la la land where everyone below them works for free.

as for conservative voters kicking labor out, it's well known that liberal only won because of the "stop the boats!" promise.

Liberals didnt win.

Labor lost. They lost because they showed they were an ineffective, unstable, untrustworthy government that was hellbent on twisting anything to hold onto power.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Best and brightest? :lmao: That's why she did an arts degree, the same thing you guys a few pages back were paying out on.

Firstly I don't think you will find a post from me paying out on any form of degree. Secondly, Did you even read my post??? Let me quote it again for you:

And people wonder why the best and brightest don't go into politics . This is the most ####ed piece of journalism I have seen in a *very* long time.

I made no reference to Abbott's daughter beyond the catalyst behind stupid beat ups like this as to why THE BEST AND BRIGHTEST don't go into politics. They see their families and every single private association they have ever had in the past beat up in crap like this. Most who are thinking about it would just say why bother and stay in the private sector, probably making far more money and not bothering with a larger contribution to Australia. Can't say I blame them what so ever.

My youngest son is doing nursing as a stepping stone to being a paramedic, he gets high distinctions, earns his lunch money tutoring his class mates, and I can guarantee it's harder than an arts degree where everything is subjective. No scholarship for him, his father is not a personal friend of the head of the school. Hell the head of the school doesn't buy me clothes or donate to my political party either and they don't expect things to get good for them if I am elected...

Yeah - cool story bro...

edit: Watch that head banging, brain damage is nasty, just look at Abbott and what the hits to the head have done to him, you don't want that to happen to you, maybe it's too late, you seem to do it a lot.

edit2: Or my middle son, he walked out of school into a job in Canberra as a software engineer, no qualifications. We flew him to Canberra for the company to test him out, got the job and was working within three months of leaving school(well finishing school, we home schooled him), he is now paying his way to get a software engineering degree as well as working full time. He wants the paper to go along with his talent.

'nother cool story :thumbsup:

Best and brightest do arts degrees!:kissmy:

edit3: Just for the record and because I don't want to leave him out, my oldest is a fitter and turner and the father of my only grandchild... so far...

so ####ing what?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
at what point did I admit to being a lefty and a labor voter?

At what point did I nominate you, specifically?

Bullshit.