Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by minux, Apr 4, 2011.

1. VS_Pete

VS_Pete Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
    The old Law To Bare Arms.
    Goes back to the Cowboys and Indians and never changed

2. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Was ratified in 1791 way before the "Cowboys and Indians" stories.

To bear arms means any arms. However, you want none, there is no rule agaist that either.

A nice bit of history.

"In 1845, Cassius Marcellus Clay of Lexington proclaimed himself first to “ever beard the monster in his den,” when he founded True American, an antislavery newspaper. Son of a prominent area planter, Clay had freed his slaves the year before. A realist, he fireproofed his print shop with iron, positioned two cannons at the door, and hung rifles on the wall. Clay’s hubris so inflamed neighbors that while he was sick at home a mob emptied the premises. Clay moved his printing operation to Cincinnati, continuing to edit at his Lexington office. Athletic and fearless, he stood 6’3”. After giving a speech in Texas denouncing slavery in 1849, he singlehandedly fought off six attackers."

https://www.historynet.com/cameo-the-other-cassius-marcellus-clay.htm

marty351 and struggo like this.
  3. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Can't believe there is going to be another round of handouts. Where are we getting the funds to pay for this? I thought the country was in enough debt after Rud took care of that???:confused::mad::mad::mad:

4. Baldoldfart

Baldoldfart Member

Members Ride:
    VY
    Don't worry Loshy, there only handing out dollars to pensioners and the unemployed, or is that why your goen crook your not getting any? Bit of a chuckle the coalition mob have been complaining loudly how Rudd made a mess of things with the GFC mitigation measures. Now they are replicating the same (but different in their minds) policies. Lets see if they will be as successful as Kev. I hear Scotty from marketing has a cold..........is that all it is?

5. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    BOF I think it was a stupid idea the first time and it will be a stupid idea this time. It would be even worse if every worker got it. I think its ridiculous to be handing out cash when we have the level of debt we have. Three years time everyone will complain when health and education get massive cuts to pay for a poor decision made three years earlier....

6. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    I work and earn decent money BOF the tax cuts gave me more money in my pay cheque each fortnight, but those too were a stupid idea IMO. The Country can't afford to be slashing taxes and giving handouts. I'm not an economist so really have little idea on if the handouts will help. However seeing that we can't afford to pay back what Rud borrowed I can't see how borrowing more money is a good idea???:confused::confused::confused::confused: It's like people who are having financial problems think if I go to Money 3 or Wallet Wizzard and borrow a few $100 then my problems will be over.... Nope it just gets worse.....

7. keith reed

keith reed Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
    The only reason these handouts are being made is to stimulate the economy and stop the country sliding into recession. The idea is that people who receive this payment will go out and spend the money and help businesses that are struggling. Time will tell if it works, we were possibly heading into recession anyway. The corona virus will likely send a lot of companies under despite the stimulus. As a recipient it will hasten me getting my vh back on the road.

8. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Yeah but we've had recessions in the 80s before and we recovered and we didn't have handouts to help us recover either. IMO if history is anything to go by we will just end up worse off than we are now. Rudd lost the election because he put us into a massive debt. I'd say this will be a nail in the coffin for the Coalition. I might be wrong and it might help but I have seen the massive cuts to NGO's and essential services over the last 15 years, because we had too much debt.

9. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    What it seems to me, is a plan to destroy the Central Bank. I believe, the general idea of operation around the globe is the same. Central Banks issue Notes for exchange of goods and services, syphoning wealth via Currency Devaluation/Currency Inflation/Loss of Purchasing Power/Cantillon Effect. In the end, the bank take all the hard assets, the people holding the worthless Currency and the Gov holding the debt.

Using the US as an example. The Fed Reserve and their Plunge Protection Team, bought all sorts of grossly overpriced stocks because the Stock Market was tanking. Perception is reality, people have been sold that Stocks is the gauge of the Economy, is not, is just a market. Trump want to stop Tax collection and I think into Oct or Nov this year. When taxes are collected, they all go to pay 1 debt, the one used to print more cash and the cash for Agencies and Handouts. When taxes stop, so the debt maintenance (minimum) payments. At the end, the debt is settle by the Lender or the Borrower, so you know what is going to happen. Printing more for handouts is creating inflation, so those little pieces of paper, all of them, will end in their true intrinsic value, one big fücking zero.

Guys, this is the end of the Global Central Banking system, so get prepared for a bumpy ride. The world runs on the Credit System and when the system seize, production and deliveries stops.

Corona and TP is just kids game but a good scenario on what to do.

What I see worldwide, the debt cannot be paid, a banking system failure. So who do you want to be at the helm when this happen?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  10. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    As Good as Gold Australia. A take on the financial damage created by the CoVid19 kabuki.

11. keith reed

Members Ride:
    I don't believe that Rudd lost the election because of the massive debt that he put the country in. If that was the criteria for being thrown out of office the Coalition would have been out on their ear a long time ago. The figures for our nation debt are there for anyone who cares to read them. Labor got kicked out because of the instability in the Government. Rudd got dumped as leader by those who had had enough of him and replaced by Gilllard.
    He didn't take kindly to this and white anted until he got the leaders job back. Abbot didn't get his job back but did the same thing to the Coalition.
    Gillard also suffered the same fate as little Johnny by saying one thing prior to an election and changing her mind during Labors term of office.

12. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    And all that drama led you to? No solution and more debt. The Kabuki of Politics, pure entertainment.

13. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6
    Economist John Adams sums up the key question in the first 90 seconds.
    How does a medical crisis become a financial crisis?
    ....excessive debt.
    Desperation from our political and bureaucratic elites continues, they really don't give a toss about the other 90%
    Look past the propaganda narrative, the political "spin" and the lies....they are protecting a broken system...but not for the benefit of you and I.

Skydrol likes this.
  14. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    The Gov along with the Central Banks created the problem and the people begs them to save the day.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  15. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Ayn Rand

[​IMG]

Nitro_X likes this.
  16. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6
    "the people" you're referring too I assume, are not the average citizen, but 'the people' who own and rig the very system from which they, the elite insiders, gain the most...and also have the most to lose...greedy self interest kicks in, morals and ethics left discarded like a cigarette butt in the gutter.
    We all need to stop accepting the BS propaganda about these big investment banks, private banks and global corporations who have been allowed to become 'too big to fail'....thus, allowing for corrupt bail-outs, bail-ins, protections and privileges above and beyond the average citizen.

What is happening around the world since the 1970's has grown exponentially since 2000
    It's the powerful and well funded corporate lobby organizations doing the political bidding, at the behest of their members.

keith reed likes this.
  17. Trevor loves holden.

Trevor loves holden. Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    United Nations is what happened, they were put in place to keep world peace after ww2 now they have become dictators in everything.

Skydrol and Calaber like this.
  18. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6
    Australia's recent banking royal commission....anyone else here think it was nothing more than a rigged side-show?
    CommBank, our largest bank was busted for breaching 10's of thousands of regulations, laws and reporting requirements.
    Fraudulent mortgages, regulatory misconduct on a grand scale....mortgage brokers, accountants, etal, working with or for the big banks and taking referral payments from big property developers, local and international money laundering through our banking system....being going on for years....

So why have these big corporate banking executives never seen the inside of a court room, sitting in front of a civil judge defending their actions?
    When were these special type of citizens bequeathed their privileges and protections.

Most bank shareholders and the general public think the ex CEO of CommBank, Ian Narev and his counterparts in other big banks receive a remuneration package of somewhere in the order of $4m - $12m / year, depending on performance, because that is what's reported, but their true remuneration package for a 5 year contract is around $150m

The woman in these videos is a criminologist and was also prevented from giving evidence at the banking royal commission.
    If you have the mental stamina and/or time ;) these vids total around 2.5 hours

keith reed likes this.
  19. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6
    Yeah, just a piece of the puzzle...the UN is full of over paid un-elected bureaucrats who suck off the teet of society.

The U.S. is one of the five founding members, along with the republic of China and the Soviet Union.
    These countries have all breached UN charter multiple times, without any meaningful repercussions.

Trevor loves holden. likes this.
  20. keith reed

Members Ride:
    Can you imagine what would have happened if the union movement and in particular the CFMEU had behaved in the same way as the banks. Morrison and his cohorts would have been baying for their blood. They would have deregistered them and demanded lengthy jail sentences for any official that broke the law.
    They only set up the royal commission to appease the demand that the opposition and the public wanted. Not surprisingly they cut it short before to many of their mates got in to much trouble. Labor said if elected that they would have carried on with the commission, perhaps lucky for them they didn't have to. They know full well as do the Liberals that it is big business that runs the show not them. They are a law unto themselves.