Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
If they have no intention of helping themselves, why should I?

Because rather than take it from from the public via welfare peacefully and legally, desperate people turn to crime? Or does that not happen your little world?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I'm sure there would be a spike in crime. And this would inevitably result in more tax dollars being spent on police and prisons.

On the plus side, they can't breed in prison so again, another plus really.

I'm not sure I want someone on the streets who would rather turn to crime than hold a job for a short time.

And my world is not as deluded as your world, where there seems to be a tree that welfare money grows on and it's in endless supply.

At the moment it seems your attitude is that if someone feels entitled to my money, I have to pay them.

All that is being suggested is that we set some conditions before throwing money at people and motivate them to get a job. That hardly seems unreasonable.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Because rather than take it from from the public via welfare peacefully and legally, desperate people turn to crime? Or does that not happen your little world?

I'm sure that most people, should they find themselves in such a desperate situation would firstly look for a job ;)

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I'm sure that most people, should they find themselves in such a desperate situation would firstly look for a job ;)

I'm sure they would until they realise there aren't jobs to go around to everyone and their government has no job creation policies.

Then what do they do?

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I'm sure they would until they realise there aren't jobs to go around to everyone and their government has no job creation policies.

Then what do they do?

2438326-laughing-hysterically.gif

Holly sweet jesus! Oh wow, you really are dumb... *wipes tear away from eye*

Actually you will find the policy we are talking about IS a job creation policy. Remember that bit about the government subsidizing wages? You don't think that will organically result in employees creating positions that they would otherwise be unable to afford?

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Holly sweet jesus! Oh wow, you really are dumb... *wipes tear away from eye*

Actually you will find the policy we are talking about IS a job creation policy. Remember that bit about the government subsidizing wages? You don't think that will organically result in employees creating positions that they would otherwise be unable to afford?

Fruit picking in tasmania?
Thats their job creation policy?
And you say I'm dumb?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
And you say I'm dumb?

Yes because an example of a job that Australians dont want to do, yet immigrants and people on working visas happily take up, was the Liberals announcing job creation.

If the shoe fits.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
And you say I'm dumb?

Well I generally say that when you post something that it supporting evidence of that fact.

And I already posted how the policy will create jobs in my opinion, I don't think I can dumb it down any further for you.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Young and without work? Take up fruit picking, says Liberal senator Eric Abetz

Sweet Jesus the poll result under that article is alarming. Essentially, it turns out we live in a society that believes that someone who can't be bothered working is entitled to the money I earn working my arse off.

So effectively, the more I work and the higher my income the more people I can support to remain unemployed. What a strange, strange Country we live in.

Your post had nothing to do with job creation.
it was just a quoted article so you could once again whinge about having to contribute to society.
Got news for you I work too
But I accept the fact that some of my taxes will go to pay people that don't work among other things.
Not everyone on welfare wants to be there despite what you may think

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Your post had nothing to do with job creation.
it was just a quoted article so you could once again whinge about having to contribute to society.

No. Jester isn't whinging about having to contribute to society. None of us are. We whinge about having to support those who aren't in the slightest bit interested in supporting themselves or contributing to society in any way.

Note: I did write a whole lot more but then wanted to ensure you understood so deleted all the stuff that you probably won't understand.