Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Yep, very true at present. She has to watch every step she makes and keep watching over her shoulder to see what Rudd is up to.

After KRudd's performance on Q&A on monday, my prediction is that his days even as foreign minister will be numbered.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
There isnt one respectable education organisation, teacher's association/union etc, that advocates the return of corporal punishment - please have a think about that before labelling myself as uninformed.

That doesn't mean they're all right!!!! In fact it only serves to prove they're all WRONG!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Benjamin sounds like the problem is that the child is allowed to remain at school and the revolving door policy of the school/system needs addressing, you are advocating that corporal punishment is the only solution to this problem?

There isnt one respectable education organisation, teacher's association/union etc, that advocates the return of corporal punishment - please have a think about that before labelling myself as uninformed.

OK, so let's assume you ARE informed, just for the moment. I asked you before but you have chosen to avoid the hard answer. If not corporal punishment, then what? It's patently obvious that whatever they do today, doesn't work, so instead of criticizing people for opposing your views, how about submitting your ideas on how to address the problem?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Um, I think you mean "blatantly" calaber. I don't think you can patent how obvious something is... :p

Benjamin K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais V6 Supercharged
Benjamin sounds like the problem is that the child is allowed to remain at school and the revolving door policy of the school/system needs addressing, you are advocating that corporal punishment is the only solution to this problem?

I'm gonna give you one last post, once again you prove my point. It's not a "revolving door policy". Did you know teachers aren't even aloud to restrain a violent kid? So when the **** head is physically harming a teacher, the teacher can't even push him back to defend them selves? Can't physically restrain them from bashing another kid? So while these kids are at school (which every australian citizen has a right to be) there is no way to control them apart from saying no you can't do that (you can suspend them all you want but it doesn't do anything, why? because wait... The parents can't even punish a kid these days for mucking up at school!). If you can not see something wrong with that then you need a effing reality check. Get in the real world and go ask some teachers, hell if you want I will go to my mums work and hand out a survey and post the results.

The union is as limp wristed as this goverment that rules us. They don't even represent the view of the people they are supposed to be representing (FYI I also know the NT Education unions top person).

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
I'm gonna give you one last post, once again you prove my point. It's not a "revolving door policy". Did you know teachers aren't even aloud to restrain a violent kid? So when the **** head is physically harming a teacher, the teacher can't even push him back to defend them selves? Can't physically restrain them from bashing another kid? So while these kids are at school (which every australian citizen has a right to be) there is no way to control them apart from saying no you can't do that (you can suspend them all you want but it doesn't do anything, why? because wait... The parents can't even punish a kid these days for mucking up at school!). If you can not see something wrong with that then you need a effing reality check. Get in the real world and go ask some teachers, hell if you want I will go to my mums work and hand out a survey and post the results.

The union is as limp wristed as this goverment that rules us. They don't even represent the view of the people they are supposed to be representing (FYI I also know the NT Education unions top person).

Unfortunately Ben you havent addressed the point I raised, there are no teachers that will stand up an be counted and say they advocate the return of corporal punishment to the class room, surely there are some who have scruples if this is really the best thing?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

And your solution to the problem is???

After KRudd's performance on Q&A on monday, my prediction is that his days even as foreign minister will be numbered.

Highly highly unlikely. Dump Rudd from the ministry and he resigns his seat then we have a by election which is the last thing Gillard wants. If the ALP loose (real chance) then it could turf them out of government.

Reaper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Um, I think you mean "blatantly" calaber. I don't think you can patent how obvious something is... :p

No, patently is correct. It has an altogether different meaning in this context and is not related to "taking a patent out on something". But "blatantly" would possibly have had a better and stronger application in my sentence.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Calaber - died waiting for Torch to submit a practical solution on how to maintain discipline within schools........