Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
very good , he may pay taxes , but I bit he gets a hell of a lot back with his dodgy accountants claiming on every little penny .

Right about here I see righties claiming if you do not claim all you can you are an idiot(Kerry Packer ref). I'm an idiot. I don't try and minimise my tax, I don't consider it theft, I consider it the price you pay for a civilised country and society.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
The dole isnt a job. That's the point. If it becomes so uncomfortable for people to live ON the dole that they are forced to go and find a job that will support their life then this would have all done its job.

Like I said before , or wait did you just jump in without reading what's been going on , if you're like that, gee I wouldn't want you to stump my house

Have you been on it lately if not don't comment on stuff you no nothing about , if you think its a comfortable ride go head try it you might be surprised on how much bulls@#$ they put you through to get a penny or two .

If you all think these jobs of plenty let those job agencies know about them , because they are gobsmacked how many applicants letters they receive for 1 lonely job , the average applies to 1 job is 500 , so where are this so called jobs , I know gone overseas . Get a clue .

these rich politicians want to pull there head out of there arse and wake up and smell the coffee . And stop selling our country off.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
I believe we as a nation need to go back to the polls , Tony is one to many teddy bears short of a picnic basket , What has he done so far , nothing but spend months wasting time on the carbon tax , and go overseas , Vote for Green's lets move away from the two main party's , give em a go , stop shooters from our parks and protect our forest and wildlife before its gone forever . And stop Duck shooting, to many birds of the wrong species getting shot. Lets give back to our planet instead of robbing it day after day . Other wise the next generation will have nothing to enjoy.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
A wacky greens supporter! Now that explains it all!
Why shouldn't I be allowed to shoot introduced feral animals in state forest?
What are you doing to limit their numbers?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I believe we as a nation need to go back to the polls , Tony is one to many teddy bears short of a picnic basket , What has he done so far , nothing but spend months wasting time on the carbon tax , and go overseas , Vote for Green's lets move away from the two main party's , give em a go , stop shooters from our parks and protect our forest and wildlife before its gone forever . And stop Duck shooting, to many birds of the wrong species getting shot. Lets give back to our planet instead of robbing it day after day . Other wise the next generation will have nothing to enjoy.

Hey, hotrod, great idea. I think you've really hit the nail on the head with what's wrong with this country.

We shoot too many innocent birds instead of ducks.

Fark me - you would really give the loony Greens total rule? I suppose as a long-term recipient of welfare, you would like a change of government, that's understandable, but your political naivety knows no bounds.

And as for not saying that council work is picking up rubbish - well, your posts are so incoherent at times that it's difficult to understand exactly what you do mean. That post was all over the place.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Started 1977, I think, after 1 year at Carlisle Tech in an intensive Motor Mech Pre-Apprenticeship course. Started apprenticeship at 3rd year apprentice level. You think that may be the diff? Never thought of that. Anyway I've never treated others at work like that and never saw that kind of behaviour.

Edit: The Pre-App was one of those great '70s initiatives to get young people into the workforce. It wasn't meant to be easy either, Govco IQ tests, maths tests, all sorts, you pass then we train you. I think I earned 3rd yr apprentice level.

if you started as a 3rd year, then yeah that would account for a lot, you tended to start getting a bit of respect by then and the next 1st/2nd year had arrived by then to do the **** jobs.

However, having said that, there were good workshops that treated their apprentices right. Particularly smaller workshops where there was only 1 or 2 apprentices. But I started at a dealership where there were around 6 or 7 apprentices and maybe a dozen qualified mechanics

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS

As much as I dislike Abbott, I will give him credit (as I would the Labor party) that he can at least keep the country afloat.
I actually agree with some of your points there. But the Greens...... their head is in the clouds. our country would be screwed.
And what happens to us here ? we love pollutant, noisy, (in most cases) fuel inefficient cars. We love motor racing. It's already frowned upon, what do you reckon the future of our hobby would be like under the Greens.....

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Don't know how you got that out of my post?? But anyway you're unemployed and I bet you think those jobs are beneath you

Not my choice of job and I'll be honest and say I have not applied for any single position which includes rubbish removal. Does that make me a hypocrite? :thumbsup:

very good , he may pay taxes , but I bit he gets a hell of a lot back with his dodgy accountants claiming on every little penny .

I will politely ask you to immediately retract that statement and post an apology before I set my attack dog lawyer onto your arse for defamation. I have never and will never employ a dodgy accountant and the slur that goes along with it with regards to my tax affairs.

Be aware that your ip address is logged and simply hiding behind some (supposedly) anonymous handle on an internet forum will take about 3 days and 2 subpoenas to track down your home address.

Last edited:

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Like I said before , or wait did you just jump in without reading what's been going on , if you're like that, gee I wouldn't want you to stump my house

Have you been on it lately if not don't comment on stuff you no nothing about , if you think its a comfortable ride go head try it you might be surprised on how much bulls@#$ they put you through to get a penny or two .

If you all think these jobs of plenty let those job agencies know about them , because they are gobsmacked how many applicants letters they receive for 1 lonely job , the average applies to 1 job is 500 , so where are this so called jobs , I know gone overseas . Get a clue .

these rich politicians want to pull there head out of there arse and wake up and smell the coffee . And stop selling our country off.

Are you kidding me? The reason jobs are going offshore is because its too expensive to do anything in this country anymore, why? Because of unskilled workers with little to no education demanding to be amoung the highest paid in workers in the country (excluding executives & management of course)

Unions have driven up the cost of manufacturing so far its not funny.

The problem is the majourity of people on the Doll do not want to work, this reform will force them to work at the bare minimum or atleast contribute something. It's narrow minds like yours that think the government is just out to screw everyone, Grow up and look at the big picture.

All i've seen the greens do is throw spanners in the works so far and accomplish nothing since gaining a seat in the senate.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I will politely ask you to immediately retract that statement and post an apology before I set my attack dog lawyer onto your arse for defamation. I have never and will never employ a dodgy accountant and the slur that goes along with it with regards to my tax affairs.

Be aware that your ip address is logged and simply hiding behind some (supposedly) anonymous handle on an internet forum will take about 3 days and 2 subpoenas to track down your home address.

Where in any of those posts has he defamed you personally?
I read through them and couldn't see any direct reference to your tax affairs.it didn't even appear to be directed at you.
Perhaps you're the one who owes the apology before he sets legal aid onto your sorry arse

As far as I'm aware you can't sue for defamation if somebody else was the one defamed