Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I'm surprised no has mentioned the grub deciding to take Barnaby's seat off him in the forthcoming whenever election.

In Australia, you can't take someone's seat in parliament. You must be elected.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
In Australia, you can't take someone's seat in parliament. You must be elected.

Given that Gossie resides on the Gold Coast, I think we can assume he knows that.

What gets me is that media reports and surveys conducted within New England actually have substantial support for Windsor and that the primary vote gap between him and Joyce is not great - around 2%. How they can even contemplate supporting such a treacherous turncoat is beyond me, and I would have thought that, personality issues aside, Barnaby Joyce has shown himself to be a hard worker and more honest and candid with the electorate than many other pollies. He has been criticised in the past for some outlandish statements but he is at least transparent about what he stands for and believes and fights to gain recognition for the rural sector.

What, in all honesty, did Windsor do whilst in office and what has he done since that would benefit anybody but himself? And is he standing again because he thinks he can do a better job than Joyce or is he just standing to defeat and remove Joyce in some perverted personal vendetta? And what damage might he cause if he is re-elected? He might not enjoy the position he held previously in relation to the balance of power but you can be he won't be doing a Conservative government any favours.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Given that Gossie resides on the Gold Coast, I think we can assume he knows that.

Well not really. His wording was that Windsor had decided to "take Barnaby's seat off him". As well as being grammatically incorrect, it assumes the seat can simply be taken. This is not the case.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Well not really. His wording was that Windsor had decided to "take Barnaby's seat off him". As
well as being grammatically incorrect, it assumes the seat can simply be taken. This is not the case.

C'mon Raj. You're being pedantic again. We both know what he meant. I doubt he needs an English lesson.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Well not really. His wording was that Windsor had decided to "take Barnaby's seat off him". As well as being grammatically incorrect, it assumes the seat can simply be taken. This is not the case.

I thought you were on my side in politics Raj?

You must have known exactly what I was aiming at as others seem to have. Have you been having a bad week?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Stupid bloody Vic Labor government... Let's have three major widening projects all running at once, the Tullamarine Fwy, Bolte Bridge and Westgate Bridge, meanwhile we'll spend $3billion to NOT build a road and have broken trains taking months to be fixed requiring buses to replace trains. And guess where they end up? On the roads not going anywhere. Then on the other side of town, let's practically close down railway lines to remove level crossings all at the same time with more buses replacing trains.

Welcome to Melbourne, where nobody can get anywhere by any means...

Libs were progressively removing level crossings and investing in road projects all while keeping traffic flowing and not wasting money! ARGH! So frustrating. Then when a VicRoads spokesperson is on the radio "we estimate it will add 15 minutes to the peak period commutes". Bullshit! I know people who have taken twice as long to get to work this morning, 2 hours! Thankfully, I'm on the roads that avoid the gridlock already but people trying to avoid it are overflowing to where I commute so it was an extra 15min for me.

Time to switch my work from home ratio to 4:1. 1 day in the office a week for meetings. Sorted!

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Those micro senators are showing their true colours, time to go

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Melbourne is a giant planning fail at the moment.

Tullamarine, Bolte and West Gate, all getting work done, at the same time. Who, in their right mind, thought that was a good idea?

Vic Roads Tosser: “We know from previous disruption that some drivers can adjust their behaviour and they do,”.

Yeah, they tend to take one of the other three ro....oh.

I know, lets take the train. Oh the wheels have fallen off the V Line trains? Oh ok.

Well, good luck Western Suburbs! Youre a safe Labor stronghold, so well done.

Cant wait for the Gran Prix this weekend haha.