Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
bugger, would have rathered a Double D and pissed these grubs off, a true waste of tax dollars , as they've done nothing ,

especially ricky, as isn't he meant to represent us ? if so what's he done for us??????

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
bugger, would have rathered a Double D and pissed these grubs off, a true waste of tax dollars , as they've done nothing ,

especially ricky, as isn't he meant to represent us ? if so what's he done for us??????

A very big issue is that motoring issues are almost always legislated at a state level. No point having a federal motoring party.....

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It makes me laugh when Muir stands up and says that the government's actions to remove splinter groups from the Senate means that the 0.51% of voters who supported him are being disadvantaged by this action. And one of the other fools said that by changing the rules, the democratic process that enabled their appointment to the Senate as a result of 3 million voters' preferences was being destroyed.

Oh, really?

I could handle it if the very tiny minority parties actually worked together for the benefit of the national interest, instead of trying to turn the Senate into a stage from which to conduct personal vendettas, such as Lambie has done. She has an issue with compensation for service personnel, so until the government actually does something about it that satisfies her, the government (and therefore the nation), can go to hell. Charming. Just the sort of attitude we need in the "House of Review".

Bring on the DD. Even if the government were to lose, at least we might clean out the Senate rat's nest and have an Upper House that more fairly and accurately represented the majority of Australians and let the Government actually govern.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
The Double D is still on, all that has to happen is that these new senate laws are in place for 3 months

So if we go a voting July 2, then we get rid of these senatepiss ants and we get a better senate

Very clever Mr Turnbull, very clever.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Double dissolution election on or very near after July 2 is VERY VERY likely.

Malcolm hasn't done anything of any substance yet and doesn't appear to have much of a clue when it comes to being an effective PM, so there's interesting times ahead. Although I am thankful the BS will never be PM.

CoffeeMonster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Exec/VE II SSV-Z
We've had lots of corruption with the lnp on the local and state levels (especially state) in qld. On the federal level in a bit split, shorten seems like a crappy leader but their policies align more closely with my interests.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
We've had lots of corruption with the lnp on the local and state levels (especially state) in qld.

Wow! That's a HUGE accusation. What evidence do you have?

And which ALP policies in particular align with your interests?

CoffeeMonster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Exec/VE II SSV-Z
Wow! That's a HUGE accusation. What evidence do you have?

And which ALP policies in particular align with your interests?

It's in the news, people just don't care. On the local level quirk kept selling public land to donors below value without public tender. For state government newman snuck in a last minute change in a water bill to retroactively legalise quarrying activities of a major donor who was being charged. His illegal activities eroded a lot of land from other people. SEQ water also said it washed tonnes of sediment into Wivenhoe dam which increased water treatment costs by over 1 million a year and reduced the capacity of the dam. They also over wrote the local council to let the same donor expand a quarry in mt cotton where evidence of intentional waterway contamination was presented but they chose not to investigate it. They also renewed the lease on a controversial sand mine against the wishes of the local custodians after receiving a large political donation. So yeah, for me lnp is summed up by nepotism, bullying and corruption.

In terms of alp i liked gonski, FTTP and negative gearing changes although i think foreign investment is a bigger cause of housing inflation.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-23/karreman-quarries-escapes-prosecution-for-illegal-quarrying/5543896
This was the biggest whopper. Read all of the details. Pure scum.

Last edited: