Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Yeah only the top brass are worth paying $100k+ all the other peasants have to squabble in the dirt and rent a falling down house in the bush.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Yeah only the top brass are worth paying $100k+ all the other peasants have to squabble in the dirt and rent a falling down house in the bush.

Well, no, the reason cost of living, housing, etc are all increasing is because what should be low paying work is no longer low paying. Years gone by, the working class were proud of being the working class - I should know, it's where my family come from. Through hard work and paying for decent educations, we progress and achieve better things for ourselves and rise up to a better standard of living and lifestyle. There's been no expectation that we're just entitled to it. These days people have a sense of entitlement - because someone else has something they should have it too. It's really quite pathetic.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, no, the reason cost of living, housing, etc are all increasing is because what should be low paying work is no longer low paying. Years gone by, the working class were proud of being the working class - I should know, it's where my family come from. Through hard work and paying for decent educations, we progress and achieve better things for ourselves and rise up to a better standard of living and lifestyle. There's been no expectation that we're just entitled to it. These days people have a sense of entitlement - because someone else has something they should have it too. It's really quite pathetic.

Wage disparity has only widened - you'd be ignorant not to realise this.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
So you think $130,000 P.A is an acceptable wage for a road worker? Top brass who have done the hard yards and take the risks deserve the rewards, having a white card and a union membership shouldn't qualify for six figure salaries.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
So you think $130,000 P.A is an acceptable wage for a road worker? Top brass who have done the hard yards and take the risks deserve the rewards, having a white card and a union membership shouldn't qualify for six figure salaries.

When houses in Sydney start at a million bucks maybe it is acceptable - otherwise how do you expect him to buy a house - are you saying he's not worthy of buying a home because he's not a silk? Also define "road worker" I knew a bloke who was a highish level foreman and worked on a lot of projects he would have been on about that 2 or 3 years ago, there's no way known the bloke pushing a broom was on that. The plebs in our warehouses aren't on anywhere near that think well under closer to $40k if they are lucky.

People throw out these figures and find outliers and then use that as an excuse to "hire" 457's.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
having a white card and a union membership shouldn't qualify for six figure salaries.

+1

Meanwhile 4 year educated teachers and nurses getting 55-80k. That's a 1st yr to a 20 yr career span btw...

When houses in Sydney start at a million bucks maybe it is acceptable - otherwise how do you expect him to buy a house

Don't buy in Sydney. That's how.

Or as Turnbull put it, get Mummy and Daddy to do it. LOL. Stupidest thing said all election....

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Also define "road worker"

The guys doing the work in machinery or on the tools to build the new road. Hell, for $130,000 I'll drive a bulldozer! And this is fact. The costings of the work were recently published, and quickly ridiculed.

When houses in Sydney start at a million bucks

House prices in Sydney do NOT start at a million dollars. They do in the most sort after locations in the city, but then they have always been beyond the reach of most. The problem is, again, attitudes. People don't want to buy a very affordable, suitable for what they need, house in the suburbs. There is simply no concept of "building wealth". I live in Melbourne. Do I want to live in a multi-million dollar house in Brighton? Maybe. Can I afford it? No. Where should I buy? In the suburbs/locations I can afford. Or personally, making the choice to go semi-rural where our lifestyle is far better, more peaceful and cleaner with far more space anyway. And at less than a fraction of the cost!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
When houses in Sydney start at a million bucks maybe it is acceptable - otherwise how do you expect him to buy a house - are you saying he's not worthy of buying a home because he's not a silk? Also define "road worker" I knew a bloke who was a highish level foreman and worked on a lot of projects he would have been on about that 2 or 3 years ago, there's no way known the bloke pushing a broom was on that. The plebs in our warehouses aren't on anywhere near that think well under closer to $40k if they are lucky.

People throw out these figures and find outliers and then use that as an excuse to "hire" 457's.
I can't afford to live in Sydney so you know what I did? I didn't buy in Sydney. Pretty simple I would think.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
I can't afford to live in Sydney so you know what I did? I didn't buy in Sydney. Pretty simple I would think.

no-one live in Sydney, problem solved - such insight.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Sheesh Raj, what did the unions do to you mate?

I dispise the CFMEU. My reason is because one of their higher ranking members singled me out in front of 40 other people saying that because I was a subcontractor, I'm taking money out of the wages boys pockets, in the reason they have shitty conditions and I'm the reason the whole building industry is going down the drain and I should never be allowed to work. So from that day forward I say FK the unions because all they do is help themselves under the guise of being for their members.