Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I've said this before. This world is f***ed and I'm glad I'm old enough that I won't be around to see the final result.

Well my friend, all the nations are laced with each other on a Global Agenda. One nation antics, tie with another one's shenanigans.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
In other news, for the last nearly 5 years I have been a card carrying member of the ALP. I resigned today.

Put simply - If I question a particular marketing angle of the party, it does not automatically mean I’m with the other side. Insinuations of being a traitor from more senior party members are particularly insulting when I put in a crap load of effort to run a local campaign for our candidate.

So cNums is now officially non partisan. When I am looking at a candidate for the next election, I’m going to look specifically at what particular candidates can do for myself, my local community of Forbes, my profession, my interests and the people in my life (family, colleagues, students). But I guess if nothing much is on offer, ALP would be the default setting lol.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Is tough to pick one... all matters, one matter affect the other. Global things affects Local things. Let us take for example the UN Agenda 2020 and 2030, your local slice of pie could be a blanket Carbon Tax. You know, the Earth needs money, just like a Church and lots of it ;-)

So thinking on what affects you local is a short sighted approach.

Last edited:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
If it is a larger issue that would have a direct impact on myself and others locally, then I would consider it on its merits or lack thereof.

The last Carbon tax I didn’t have any issue with but with power prices being where they are, it’d be political suicide which is why for the upcoming federal election, no one is touching it. ‘Direct action’ is the name of the game.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I found this gem on a German website. Used Google Translate, so do not mind the grammar, is just a bot. Stuff like that, do you think it can affect you localy? Is on the Northern region but the same experiment can be done on the Southern region.

%%%%%

https://translate.googleusercontent...700259&usg=ALkJrhgbPFEkwqwOuHLammpVL1eNYUQiZQ

NASA sprays barium and strontium into polar light over Norway

The US space agency NASA has released barium and strontium in northern lights over Norway. The process triggered an interesting effect.

On April 5, 2019, lights appeared in the night sky of Norway in violet, blue and slightly yellowish colors. The US space agency NASA had previously launched two rockets from the "Andoy Space Center" to investigate the wind flow in the upper Earth's atmosphere, reports Live Science .

%%%%%%%%

Barium Health Effects

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/mmg/mmg.asp?id=321&tid=57

Health EffectsExcessive blood levels of barium result in decreased blood potassium (hypokalemia), which may cause adverse cardiovascular and muscular effects such as tachycardia, increased or decreased blood pressure, muscle weakness, and paralysis. Mechanisms involved in barium poisoning are likely related to the metabolic control of potassium levels. Becauseoverexposure to barium may cause adverse gastrointestinal effects and hypokalemia, individuals with compromised gastrointestinal tract, cardiac, or muscular function may be more susceptible to barium poisoning.

%%%%%%%%%

Too long to post, go to the website to read.

Toxicological Profile for Strontium

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/ToxProfiles/TP.asp?id=656&tid=120

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The Liberal Party's biggest problem is that Abbott and Turnbull have become KRudd clones, and Dutton and Bishop are Gillard clones.
It's not the policies that are screwing them, its the constant in-party bickering, disagreement and criticism.
I feel sorry for ScoMO. He is trying, but can't bail the water out of the Titanic.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
The infighting in the Liberals goes on unabated. On last nights news Turnbull was having another go at Dutton. This sort of stuff does them no good whatsoever. Morrison must must be pulling what little hair out that he has. He is well aware that the infighting and backstabbing that is going on is doing his election chances already slim no good at all. Labor did the same with Rudd and Gillard, look where it got them.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
The infighting in the Liberals goes on unabated. On last nights news Turnbull was having another go at Dutton. This sort of stuff does them no good whatsoever. Morrison must must be pulling what little hair out that he has. He is well aware that the infighting and backstabbing that is going on is doing his election chances already slim no good at all. Labor did the same with Rudd and Gillard, look where it got them.

Yes it would be nice if Turnbull just disappeared into the ether like the insignificant waste of space that he is, he did enough damage to the Liberal party while he was in it.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I have enjoyed working here these past several years. You have paid me very well and given me benefits beyond belief. I have 3-4 months off per year and a pension plan that will pay my salary till the day I die and then pay my estate one-year salary death bonus and then continue to pay my spouse my salary with increases until she or he dies along with a health plan that most people can only dream of having.

Despite this, I plan to take the next 12-18 months to find a new position.

During this time, I will show up for work when it is convenient for me.

In addition, I fully expect to draw my full salary and all the other perks associated with my current job.

Oh yes, if my search for this new job proves fruitless, I will be coming back with no loss in pay or status.

Before you say anything, remember that you have no choice in this matter. I can, and I will do this.

Sincerely,

Every Member of Parliament running for re-election.