Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I've never heard a wealthy person complain about the system. Maybe it's just because you're not rich you're all about how the "rich elite" are criminals. I'm not rich and I say good on them I would do the same thing if I was rich.
You are twisting my comments and being dismissive of the facts.
Your response is hollow words without meaning....
The fact being, the 'system' is corrupt.
My commentary of the 'big picture' has zero to do with my personal financial situation.

ps
If you read any business news today, I think you will find that there are some wealthy individuals currently complaining and it has a lot to do with China.
In addition, you won't usually hear the CEO's and directors of big corporations complain, their LOBBY GROUPS do all that work for them....ie: The Property Council of Australia, as one example.

Did you know that our current PM Scott Morrison, before entering politics, was National policy and research manager for the Property Council of Australia.

Are you aware the PCoA is a shop front (influential and extremely well funded lobby group) for a multi-multi billion dollar corporate cartel.

Did you know ex QLD Premier Anna Bligh is now the CEO of the Australian Banking Association?

You're welcome ;)

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
:cool:
2018-Summernats-31-Burnout-Master-750x462.jpg

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
The law has nothing to do with morality. Doing the lawful thing is often not doing the right thing.

On the Denise Bailey thing, she wasn't allowed to testify because she was not qualified to in that hearing. However, questions and evidence were presented on her behalf by the legal team.

On the first sentence, I agree.

Regards your follow up comment, do you have a reliable reference that she was denied due to lack of qualifications?
Because Denise Brailey has university degrees in Law, Politics and Criminology.
One would think that she is adequately qualified to give evidence.

You don't get to have direct access and private meetings with Treasury officials, Parliamentarians, APRA officials and ASIC officials, big bank CEO's, unless you are somebody.

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
On the first sentence, I agree.

Regards your follow up comment, do you have a reliable reference that she was denied due to lack of qualifications?
Because Denise Brailey has university degrees in Law, Politics and Criminology.
One would think that she is adequately qualified to give evidence.

You don't get to have direct access and private meetings with Treasury officials, Parliamentarians, APRA officials and ASIC officials, big bank CEO's, unless you are somebody.

Because she wasn't a qualified witness, no first hand knowledge of what was happening. Royal Commissions are not criminal trials, there are no "expert witnesses" or evidence given by people that have found information. The evidence has to be given by the source or brought up in statements by the legal teams. Anything she says is relayed information, not first hand witnessed testimony. Evidence that she has was brought before the Royal Commission, just not by her. I read an article earlier this morning after seeing your link, now I can't find it.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Because she wasn't a qualified witness, no first hand knowledge of what was happening. Royal Commissions are not criminal trials, there are no "expert witnesses" or evidence given by people that have found information. The evidence has to be given by the source or brought up in statements by the legal teams. Anything she says is relayed information, not first hand witnessed testimony. Evidence that she has was brought before the Royal Commission, just not by her. I read an article earlier this morning after seeing your link, now I can't find it.

What ??
:eek:o_O
Let me know when you find the article you read earlier this morning.

RELOAD-Summernats-burnout-wide.jpg

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Here it is. http://www.bfcsa.com.au/index.php/about-bfcsa/about-denise-brailey

In no way was I refuting her credibility, she does great work, but it's like having Tracy Grimshaw as a witness in a murder trial, uncovering evidence doesn't make you a witness. But that information can be used.

Yup.....I have already had a look at her/this website last week.

Where did I mention she was a "witness" in, or for, any Federal or State legal criminal trial...?
I didn't.
I only posted about the Banking Royal Commission.

Cheers for your response though, appreciate that ...*thumbs up brother*

ps.
I remember Tracy Grimshaw...back in the day, she was a tough interviewer, with a cheeky side.
Strong Personality but not spiteful ;)

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Denise Brailey is a criminologist, she wanted to give evidence at our banking royal commission but was denied.
Because they know she has too much dirt on our bankers.

I was using "witness" as an analogy, not literally. But same thing? She herself was not a first hand witness to anything she had discovered, that's why she was denied. The evidence was still presented on her behalf just like in several other investigations into financial fraud and misdealings.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I was using "witness" as an analogy, not literally. But same thing? She herself was not a first hand witness to anything she had discovered, that's why she was denied. The evidence was still presented on her behalf just like in several other investigations into financial fraud and misdealings.

No.....stop with the "witness" rhetoric, please!!
Denise Brailey wanted a seat at the table of the Royal Commission, not a free ticket to be in the audience, she has the qualifications and the evidence, but was deliberately blocked.
The terms of reference for the Commission were written by the bankers, in collusion with the RBA, APRA, ASIC, and the Federal Treasury ....are you farking kidding me...not on, it was a stitch up.

Are you aware APRA (a Federal Government institution) receives most of its funding from the private bankers and other business entities that it is supposed to regulate?..... clear conflict of interest.

Here is a screen shot of the APRA website I took, before they cunningly rewrote some jingoistic garble and then hid it deep inside their website making it harder to locate...but it's there, I've read the new version.

This is the original version....BEFORE the Royal Commission:
(read the second last sentence in the center paragraph)

APRA About Page.JPG

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
That's nothing out of the ordinary though, a lot of regulatory bodies are funded by the industries they regulate.