Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Libs, nailed the Tassie election and scored 13 seats to have the majority. Yeer har, hate to think what predicament we would be in a years time had Labor won, or if Greens got anymore seats..... Unfortunately Cassie O'Conner and her left wing self righteous offsider still scored two seats, which was two, too many IMHO. I eagerly await for Rebecca White to now do the honourable thing, and fall on her sword, as should be the way, but it's doubtful as she is trying to get her colleagues to keep her as the opposition leader....

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Two sides of the same coin ....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Two sides of the same coin ....
Might be like that on the mainland mate. But over here Labor and Greens have served as a disaster in Tas in the past. They also caused havoc when Libs didn't hold majority. They are a useless bunch. Having Lib majority will pave the way to make Tas a better State over the next three years.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Libs, nailed the Tassie election and scored 13 seats to have the majority. Yeer har, hate to think what predicament we would be in a years time had Labor won, or if Greens got anymore seats..... Unfortunately Cassie O'Conner and her left wing self righteous offsider still scored two seats, which was two, too many IMHO. I eagerly await for Rebecca White to now do the honourable thing, and fall on her sword, as should be the way, but it's doubtful as she is trying to get her colleagues to keep her as the opposition leader....

Libs were predicted to win after a day. You guy's use the Duckworth Lewis system like us here in the Capital.
I never picked you as a Lib voter lol, I used to vote Labor but with their addiction to the greens I can't vote them and I still can't bring my self to vote lib.

But I'm wishing the libs could get in here in Canberra as they've been in power for 21 years and formed the first Labor greens coalition in Australia (Shane Rattenbury is probably the best green in Australia though)

Tas was the start if the greens and ACT is one of their strongholds. ACT and TAS are about the same size population and GDP wise.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Might be like that on the mainland mate. But over here Labor and Greens have served as a disaster in Tas in the past. They also caused havoc when Libs didn't hold majority. They are a useless bunch. Having Lib majority will pave the way to make Tas a better State over the next three years.

Labor is pitifull here in ACT and in NSW but Libs are an absolute joke in VIC and WA.....

The only reason labor get votes in ACT is all the public servants get more money under labor nothing else they're all lib voters at heart but are turn coats for job security. Pubes are the bain of Canberras existence but forever ingrained in our history.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I grew up voting Labor, then they turned in a party that moved way away from what they were formed for way back when. Their values don't align with mine and Greens are far worse again. The Greens gained popularity when they were about protecting the environment, but lost ground over the years because they too moved away from the principles they were founded on. Greens and Labor are now the softest parties we have had over the last 10 or so years. They believe the answer to solving crime is to "rehabilitate" in its loosest form, they don't like to punish criminals, and block legislation that tries to increase penalties, in favour of political correctness such as saying that a Pedi, can no longet be called a pedi, instead the want these crims to be called "child attracted persons"..... That's labor and Greens for ya mate....

Funny thing is if I was to label a Pedi as they should be, then I could hurled into jail for it and the Greens and Labor think that this is a worse crime than interfering with children...., go figure....

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL

I hope you are right

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I hope you are right
We have had Libs in for a while now mate and they have fixed a lot of the balls ups that were left behind from Labor Governments in years gone by. We are one of the best performing state economies in the country and that's only came about since Libs have been in.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I grew up voting Labor, then they turned in a party that moved way away from what they were formed for way back when. Their values don't align with mine and Greens are far worse again. The Greens gained popularity when they were about protecting the environment, but lost ground over the years because they too moved away from the principles they were founded on. Greens and Labor are now the softest parties we have had over the last 10 or so years. They believe the answer to solving crime is to "rehabilitate" in its loosest form, they don't like to punish criminals, and block legislation that tries to increase penalties, in favour of political correctness such as saying that a Pedi, can no longet be called a pedi, instead the want these crims to be called "child attracted persons"..... That's labor and Greens for ya mate....

Funny thing is if I was to label a Pedi as they should be, then I could hurled into jail for it and the Greens and Labor think that this is a worse crime than interfering with children...., go figure....

Well here in ACT, NSW And QLD Ray Hadley leads the charge on these issues.
Thank **** he is holding the governments to account. He never mentions the ACT gov because it pointless as they just keep getting voted back in.
I just wish they can stop the BS and do something for Canberra but it's not going to happen.
We have the worst elective surgery wait times in the country and our hospitals.... Too are understaffed.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
A big part of the problem is the 3 year election cycle, because of the relatively short term they are fairly much always in election mode instead of taking time to get on with the job.

Politics has become so partisan that when a new government is elected they spends a good portion of the time undoing the work of the previous administration before getting their own policies put into law, than the 3 year term is over, the government changes and it all happens again in the opposite direction.

Politics is way to much of a popularity contest based on money, they who can generate the most donations/spend the most on self promotion wins. It's time the money from unknown donors, foreigners, corporates is taken out of politics so that politicians work for the people/country they are elected to serve rather than outside influences like the huge corporate congromerates that effectively end up running this world if this current trend is allowed to continue.