Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
But that is politics, compromise and negotiation.

Partisan politics get no-one anywhere as seen by the last few administrations in the US.

Fact is, they passed a major piece of legislation that benefits more everyday Americans and the local economy, when was that a bad thing? I think fixing **** at home is better than warmongering overseas.

But we're not talking about one piece of legislation we're talking about how dysfunctional the three leaders of the Democrats are comapred to Trump.
Yes the Dems got their bill passed and yes that is politics.
But how anyone can't see the bias in the media not highlighting Bidens clear dementia vs Trumps rude tweets is amazing.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Trump was functional.....LOL

Trump spent 4 years bitching about Obama and blaming everybody for his failures to achieve anything culminating in him (still) sulking about loosing an election.

Fact is, when you put yourself out there people are going to comment. maybe been quiet and just getting on with the job is seen as a plus?

You claim the 3 leaders of the democrats are dysfunctional and Trump to not be, the leaders of the GOP were more dysfunctional because they couldn't pass any major legislation when they controlled both houses until the mid terms when the democrats won back the majority in the lower house. Lets be honest here and compare apples with apples.

Or we could look at this a different way, lets just say for arguments sake that Biden does have dementia, than it's a sad indictement on Trump as the Biden administration is working more coherently than the Trump administration during the first year of their respective terms.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
and still he managed to pass a huge infrastructure bill that will benefit all Americans,

You have no idea on what is in that bill. Is a common practice in DC to stuff the bill with all sorts of irrelevant clauses. The title is meaningless. The US Congress, if they have a weird idea that cannot be passed, is stuffed on other bills. Also, Congress has a Money Tree, just with a few strokes of the magic wand and pesto, cash on credit comes to existance. The USA is broke, they are just running a Credit Card to oblivion; is a nation on its last legs. Keep in mind, the USD is the world reserve currency, when it goes to nothing, what will happen to the rest of the world?

I say, pass the damn thing (bill), print more cash; pedal to the metal.

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
The USA is broke, they are just running a Credit Card to oblivion; is a nation on its last legs. Keep in mind, the USD is the world reserve currency, when it goes to nothing, what will happen to the rest of the world?
Point of order. The whole world is just running a credit card to oblivion seeing as we are all part of the fractional reserve system.

What the US is doing right now is basically just kicking the can down the road by inflating some of the debt away. Myself I think a better idea if your going to run a money = debt system is to have a debt jubilee instead.

I quite like the concept of debt being no older than 7 years. That would stop the moneyed class from turning everyone into debt slaves for their whole lives just for the privilege of buying a house. It automatically puts a hard limit on bidding up of house prices if the loan can’t be any longer than 7 years.

Under the current reserve currency system America gets the huge advantage of being able to print money and get actual goods in return. The rest of the world puts up with this at the moment but it could all end up going pear shaped if everyone loses confidence in the USD.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
You have no idea on what is in that bill. Is a common practice in DC to stuff the bill with all sorts of irrelevant clauses. The title is meaningless. The US Congress, if they have a weird idea that cannot be passed, is stuffed on other bills. Also, Congress has a Money Tree, just with a few strokes of the magic wand and pesto, cash on credit comes to existance. The USA is broke, they are just running a Credit Card to oblivion; is a nation on its last legs. Keep in mind, the USD is the world reserve currency, when it goes to nothing, what will happen to the rest of the world?

I say, pass the damn thing (bill), print more cash; pedal to the metal.

Nothing new there. The bill was already watered down during negotiations to get it across the line. Non the less, doing something is better than doing nothing as partisan politics has shown us in recent years. Money spent by the government on local issues is money going back into the country/local economic merry-go-round. This is a good thing. Money spent on bombs and bullets and fuel used on foreign soil is money wasted.

The way you are talking you may as well get a couple of nukes and set them off around the US, wipe the US off the map and get it over and done with.

What will happen to the rest of the world? There is the Euro or heaven forbid, the Renminbi (**** Xi would love that ****). But don't worry, should the US fail we will all still be here trudging along and hopefully not learning to speak Mandarin!

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

This is getting on my nerves. Most other NZ'ers have gotten themselves vaccinated without needing special attention.

All I can say it's time for some people to take "personal responsibility" for their own actions or lack there off and stop trying to hold the rest of us to ransom!

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
[/URL]

This is getting on my nerves. Most other NZ'ers have gotten themselves vaccinated without needing special attention.

All I can say it's time for some people to take "personal responsibility" for their own actions or lack there off and stop trying to hold the rest of us to ransom!
Is there some kind of special Maori needle or something? FFS all you do is go to a doctor and get a jab, end of story. Theres nothing “cultural“ about it and nor should it be. Trying to blame the government is just a cop out for their own slackness in getting vaccinated.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

So, these people came on the plane of their own free will, during the trip they weren't shackled and received food and water, nor were they beaten for not following instructions and to top it all off they are going to get paid for the work they have chosen to do?

Yup, like the slave ships of old!

Damn we are cruel these days, I bet those bastards even have legal documents to hide their true intent.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line

Its always been that way for as long as I can remember, Never their fault