Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JCL's VS Ute

R

Risky

Very clean ute. There's quite a few VR-VS utes where I live & they haven't been looked after that well.

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
Very clean looking ute, you've done some nice work.

I think a debadge would clean it up too

I dont mind the lion badge myself. Id consider removing it but then i would have to deal with the 2 holes underneath. If i ever respray the bonnet (which im planning in a few months) then i will probably remove it

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
Picked up some vy ss seats yesterday and got the passenger seat in after a bit of mucking around. Im using the VS rails so transferred the vy base on to them. Took me a while in the end but i know how to do it now so the drivers seat shouldnt take too long

20160704_170837.jpg

20160704_170849.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Looks good mate, will give you a heads up though those will be VT/VX/VU seats rather than VY.

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
Ah right, thanks for the info. The guy i bought them from had them in a vy so i just assumed. Ive got the back seat too so need to sell that off to recoup some cost. Was only $100 for the lot though so can't complain

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
At $100 you're laughing anyway. Rails are the same from VT-VZ so no real dramas there. Utes looking tidy mate, keep it up.

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Seats actually look pretty good in it, nearly did later model ones in my ute but ended up going vs senator seats at great expense lol

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
I was thinking of Statesman seats but i dont find them supportive enough so wanted something with a bit more bolster. Would have loved Senator seats but im trying to keep the upgrades pretty cheap so $100 for the full set was great for me. I have a heap I want to do with the car now Ive got started so going to have to be careful not to go too crazy with my spending.

The seats need a good clean and theres a car wash near me with a steam cleaner so Ill give that a try with some off the shelf upholstery cleaner too and see how they come up.

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Those steam cleaners are actually pretty good! Just be prepared for a wett ass on the way home

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
haha - fortunately i hadnt installed the drivers seat yet so i took the ute down with the drivers seat in 2 pieces sitting on the passenger seat and cleaned them all. They came up really well so was $10 well spent. Just need to take out my drivers seat and swap the base/rails on to the VT SS seat (checked out some ads on carsales to confirm which model the seats actually came from) base foam and expand the holes on the seat top to line up with the VS base and Im done.

I've had some alternator issues lately so unfortunately had to fork out for a new one and am currently searching for an electrical gremlin in my wiring somewhere. I think i found it and all seems good at the moment but over the last week i have tried a couple of second hand alternators to no avail with my battery light flickering on and off over bumps and around corners. New alternator helped a little but i found a few loosely attached wires coming in to the battery terminals so have fixed those up and am now in testing mode for a few days. Was perfect this morning on the way to work so fingers crossed.