Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jc's 95 v8 vs ute

JC89

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Nissan Patrol
Wraith, yeah been thinking about putting the standard belt set up on as I'm wanting to set it up as a sleeper :)

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Vac ball goes behind the bar down the bottom passenger side. Weird spot to relocate it.

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Cheers bud yeah I have a sparky mate who is going to tidy up the wiring and redo a decent set of thermos for me. That ball thing where is it ment to be located? Also if u notice the canister next to the fuse box is that where it should be just secured or is it in the wrong location?

Cheers jc

Yea thats the charcoal canister and its definitely not meant to be located there, it should be beside battery next to radiator as bracket is attached to rad support. Usually when thermos are added you just bend bracket a bit to allow charcoal canister to fit as well. Chances are whoever put thermo fans on have broken bracket for canister of rad support.

JC89

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Nissan Patrol
ah k cheers mate i will have a look fot the bracket when im home next as im away for work atm.

cheers jc

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea thats the charcoal canister and its definitely not meant to be located there, it should be beside battery next to radiator as bracket is attached to rad support. Usually when thermos are added you just bend bracket a bit to allow charcoal canister to fit as well. Chances are whoever put thermo fans on have broken bracket for canister of rad support.

The ball is the vacuum ball.... Charcoal canister looks completely different. In fact looks like it's been ripped out all together.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Charcoal Canister is there, to the right the fuse box...somewhat out of place and loose I would suggest.

10365763_695172173872750_7657592557332756964_n.jpg

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah was a misunderstanding. The ball is the vacuum ball meant to be behind the bar. Also the charcoal canister which as you said is near the fuses, is meant to be near the radiator.. Got to love dodgy stuff.

JC89

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Nissan Patrol
Haha yeah you do but that's why we like working on our cars to fix what other people have stuffed up

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Wonder what else has a dodgy job done to it..