Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JDM-Style Blast Pipes on a VE?

Involcano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V (V6)
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has tried chucking blast pipe exhaust tips on a VE Commodore? I'm planning a JDM/drift inspired build but I can't seem to find examples. I mainly want to know if the look can be pulled off effectively without looking janky. Thanks for any help :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Welcome to the forum…

IMHO, blast pipe tips would not only look stupid but such “protrusions” would fall foul of ADR rules and VicRoads modification standards…

To better understand your obligations, read the exhaust section of the following VicRoads Guide to Modification of Motor Vehicles (click on the highlighted link)…

You can also Google “exhaust modification rules” and seek out the relevant ADR’s and VSB14 docs :cool:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Welcome to the forum…

IMHO, blast pipe tips would not only look stupid but such “protrusions” would fall foul of ADR rules and VicRoads modification standards…

To better understand your obligations, read the exhaust section of the following VicRoads Guide to Modification of Motor Vehicles (click on the highlighted link)…

You can also Google “exhaust modification rules” and seek out the relevant ADR’s and VSB14 docs :cool:
He says its for a drift car? So no public roads?

I agree with you, looks stupid.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has tried chucking blast pipe exhaust tips on a VE Commodore? I'm planning a JDM/drift inspired build but I can't seem to find examples. I mainly want to know if the look can be pulled off effectively without looking janky. Thanks for any help :)
Yeah, I don't think a Commodore is really suited for that since it will look kinda stupid... Best to get a JDM car for that....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It can be pulled off to be janky, but doesn't change it will look wa nk y.....But hey, if it floats your boat, don't let anyone else stop you

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
He says its for a drift car? So no public roads?
Actually he says "I'm planning a JDM/drift inspired build" so i take it as something that will (look stupid and) be driven on public roads...

Appologies @Involcano as i'm not intending to be rude towards you by calling such JDM/Drift inspired cars as stupid looking, after all they do have a following but IMHO it is what it is, eye of the beholder and such :p:p:p

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I mainly want to know if the look can be pulled off effectively without looking janky.
Will largely depend on the quality of the pipes and how low the car is, but it's all subjective - start with something janky, end with something janky. A lot of blast pipes don't even stick out that far either, that Subaru is pretty flat-brimmer lame. The Silvia ones are pretty janky - they hang way to low given how high the car is and will scrape on even the smallest of speed humps at 4wd height - but the length is right, they just look longer because of the angle of the shot and how stupidly they hang.

What's not subjective though, is that it will sound terrible if you just lop off the muffler.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I picture bleeding shins in your future if you do go "mini" Takeyari style

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
What is this?

Are these the exhaust pipes that turn up past the rear bar? or just extend out further past the rear bar?