Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jealousy

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Has anyone ever noticed on this forum the excuse jealousy gets used a lot? eg. Someone will make a criticism about another persons ride, then you get a bunch of other guys who think the ride looks fooly sik saying something along the lines of "Dont worry about him mate hes just jealous". Could it be that the person is not indeed jealous at all, they just think the ride looks ugly as all ****?

Or sometimes we'll hear about someone who has had their car all dinged up at the shops or keyed etc. then people will say its done by jealous ppl. But could it be that the person is just a vandal, or maybe someone who doesn't want to be held responsible for paying for repairs, or someone who just plin doesn't like you?

Well thats my theory anyway :thumbsup:

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Has anyone ever noticed on this forum the excuse jealousy gets used a lot? eg. Someone will make a criticism about another persons ride, then you get a bunch of other guys who think the ride looks fooly sik saying something along the lines of "Dont worry about him mate hes just jealous". Could it be that the person is not indeed jealous at all, they just think the ride looks ugly as all ****?

Or sometimes we'll hear about someone who has had their car all dinged up at the shops or keyed etc. then people will say its done by jealous ppl. But could it be that the person is just a vandal, or maybe someone who doesn't want to be held responsible for paying for repairs, or someone who just plin doesn't like you?

I concur. No one cared when my cars tyres were slashed & it was done over by brake fluid NewYears last year.
No one really cared when my motor through a rod out of the side of the block either.. Was it jealous I drove a VE SSV & attempted to trade in my fathers VT Calais just so I could take one out without a Holden man next to me... YEAH MAYBE! But it's not the point.

Jealousy is not an excuse, It's an excuse when your Ex-Girlfriend is a spiteful bitch or something like that, But in the car world It's not jealousy because EVERYONE loves there own car, Everyone has an opinion, an EVERYONE! Doesn't like your car.

I'm over the VE CrappyWhores already. Way to advertised & spoken about. In my opinion They stuffed up. The LS1 as released in the US is capable of 400fwkw Stock with exhaust. LS2 Was around the 530fwkw mark. In aus they release it as what 285 & 307 or some ****... Pfft Holden Holden Holden.....

Ok back on subject. Jealousy is not an excuse. Get over it, We just don't like your cars ok...

Cheers
MaT

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I didn't care your motor blew up hozy cause it happened for a reason, that's so you can get rid of that crapy motor with unflowing heads and get a better one and you did :), missing two cylinders but still not too bad!:)

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I didn't care your motor blew up hozy cause it happened for a reason, that's so you can get rid of that crapy motor with unflowing heads and get a better one and you did :), missing two cylinders but still not too bad!:)

May be missing 2 cylinders but It has 10psi or FORCEFUL thinking waiting for it.

Cheers
MaT

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Ok back on subject. Jealousy is not an excuse. Get over it, We just don't like your cars ok...

Yeah, i'd agree that in the majority of cases this is probably true.

And if someone really is jealous of another person's car, the best way for them to get over it would be to put their time and effort into making their car how they want it, instead of wasting it slagging off other people's pride and joy. But I suppose not everyone sees it that way.

Just my 2c anyway.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Julie, i couldnt agree more, it shits me to tears. Look in the VE forum, i mocked a tool who posted about getting a VE simply because it is a useless post unless it is in the my ride section. I then get told im jealous...lol. I have no idea of why one would be jealous of someone getting a VE SV6. If any of you tools are reading this, if i wanted an ugly car I'd buy a VE tomorrow, however, id prefer to keep spending the money on mods to my VT and on housing purchases. Why i'd be jealous i dont know, maybe when the saids persons SV6 can run quciker than my VT then i will be jealous.

GLD-086

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think it's jealousy.

I don't like VNs (Because they look like a ugly boat:D ) and it sure as hell aint because I'm jealous.;)

Last edited:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I'm jealous of myself because I drive a Calais.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
bike :P
jealousy involves too much thinking and ****, i barely even worry, stress or care about anything, just chill ^_^

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yeah I don't think it's jealousy.

I think don't like VNs (Because they look like a ugly boat:D ) and it sure as hell aint because I'm jealous.;)

Exactly, it is personal opinion, which alot of people seem to hate around here when it differs from their own.