Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jeremy Clarkson Has Been Suspended From “Top Gear”

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
My wife just told me that Top Gear is cancelled. Cpt Slow and Hamster refused to work without the Ape. Honestly, if I was any of them; will try the same formula in the USA. We have more land to toy around, better weather and money. I think Oz has potential but I think it does not have the cash to pull it off. Does not need to be called Top Gear, can be some else. Also, just to rub it on the BBC's noses, will hire the Allman Brothers to play Jessica (they own the copyrights of the song) as the theme title, just to piss off the BBC, to add a dash of insult/sarcasm to the injury.

I have nothing against gender preference; not my business, do not care. I have noticed some with the BBC and is that is becoming an Homosexual advertisemnt outlet. For example, if you watch Dr Who, the writer, Russell T Davies has other gay oriented shows; even the Dr Who spin off called Torchwood (anagram for Doctor Who). I bet the Ape, based on my percerption on how he is, made several queer remarks and got axed.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hasn't been cancelled , will go ahead albeit without Clarkson and probably without Hammond and May , other broadcasters , ITV , Grananda , will be wringing their hands

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Speaking of going ahead, posted to the Top Gear blog yesterday (so not April Fools day). Also on the official festival page

Transmission – BBC Top Gear BBC releases statement on Clarkson « - BBC Top Gear

Good news if you’re a ticket-holder for Top Gear Live: it has today been confirmed that the 2015 world tour will go ahead, renamed Clarkson, Hammond and May Live.

BBC Worldwide has announced that, in the best interests of those who have already purchased tickets, the live arena show will go on with its original three presenters, but without the Top Gear name or BBC branding.

“So as not to disappoint the thousands of people around the world who have already purchased tickets, BBC Worldwide has agreed with our joint venture partner Brand Events that the remainder of the tour can continue,” said a spokeman. “These events will not, however, feature any BBC Top Gear branding or content. We believe this is a sensible approach in the circumstances.”

It has also been confirmed that the live shows due to take place in Stavanger, Norway last weekend have been rescheduled to 20-21 June. The Festival that had been planned to run in Sydney, Australia in April will become an indoor arena show, staged in Melbourne on 18-19 July, and Sydney on 25-26 July. Full details of the tour will be confirmed to ticket-holders in their local markets.

The 2015 tour will end in November at London’s O2 Arena.

“This is a great solution for the fans,” said a spokesman for Brand Events. “We’d like to thank our ticket-holders for their continued patience. The fans are the most important people to Jeremy, Richard and James, so we’re delighted to be able to say, ‘We’re still coming’…”

Festival Update | Top Gear Festival Sydney

The organisers of Top Gear Festival, Sydney would like to thank ticket holders and fans for their continued patience. We are now in a position to inform you that, following a BBC Worldwide statement regarding the global Top Gear Live dates, the forthcoming event is to be postponed until July this year. We do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will cause.

We do however subsequently have much better news… we can now confirm that the new event, which will be an arena format starring Jeremy, Richard and James - simply titled ‘Clarkson, Hammond and May Live’ will be staged in both Sydney and Melbourne. They’ll be plenty of the stunts, supercars, challenges and the irreverent humour you know and love from the trio - just no BBC Top Gear branding or content and will take place in Melbourne on the 18-19 July and in Sydney on the 25-26 July.

Festival tickets can be exchanged for the new look show once tickets go on sale (this on-sale date will be announced on Friday 10th April) and all ticket holders will be given a dedicated period in which to exchange or refund previously purchased tickets.

FAQ's

What is Clarkson, Hammond & May Live?

A live arena show Featuring stunts, supercars, challenges and irreverent humour that you know and love from the trio – Jeremy, Richard and James.

Will the content of the show be the same as the Festival?

As the event is now taking place indoors, some of the content of the show will naturally change although we hope to keep parts as well. We will have more exciting news about the actual content of the show in due course

What are the dates?

July 17 & 18 in Melbourne and 25 & 26 in Sydney

Where will they take place?

The All Phones Arena in Sydney and Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne

I have bought a ticket for the Top Gear Festival and would like / would not like to attend Clarkson, Hammond & May Live? What do I do?

The organisers have arranged for you to have the exclusive opportunity to transfer your ticket from Top Gear Festival to Clarkson, Hammond & May Live, the dates of this will be communicated via our website, social media and newsletter on Friday 10th April. If you decide you do not want to attend Clarkson, Hammond & May Live, you will also have the opportunity to claim a refund during this window.

I haven’t bought a ticket for the Top Gear Festival but would like to attend Clarkson, Hammond & May Live? What do I do?

After the exclusive ticket transfer window for patrons who purchased Top Gear Festival 2015 tickets finishes, tickets will go on sale to the general public, again on-sale dates will be communicated via our website and social media channels

I have bought a Superfan Suite Ticket / Pit Roof Club Ticket for the Top Gear Festival? How does this translate into the new ticket types for Clarkson, Hammond & May Live?

The Organisers will release all the ticket type details and inclusions for Clarkson, Hammond & May Live in the near future. There will be additional inclusions to a standard ticket to meet the value of the ticket you have purchased.and we will confirm these shortly.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Interesting.....

So they "fire" him from one show but not another and then re-name the show so it doesn't seem like it's associated with the original show/brand he was fired from.

What a gutless bunch of hypocritical wankers but good for the people who have bought tickets.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Interesting.....

So they "fire" him from one show but not another and then re-name the show so it doesn't seem like it's associated with the original show/brand he was fired from.

What a gutless bunch of hypocritical wankers but good for the people who have bought tickets.

They didn't "fire" him, they opted not to renew his contract for the show.

BBC WW is a separate contract and has been up in the air since he was let go from the show.

While I'm a bit disappointed that it's now a different type of event and the dates got moved (yes I have tickets) I'm glad we still get to see the boys here, you can be assured that the true fans will support them, I predict Jeremy and co. will get very loud cheers.

And yes the entire ordeal has been an example of how not to do things - the BBC have made a massive mess of everything - no I am not excusing Jeremy's actions at all.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Im not sure how else they could have handled it though. Their hands were tied. They were always going to have to fire him if he hit another staff member.

It was always going to be bloody.

The only other way that I could forsee it going down was, ok we have 3 episodes left, finish them, finish your live dates and dont come back. How do you control him with that clause though? He already pushes the boundaries when he has something to lose. How do you then explain that to the producer he hit? From all accounts he acted very reasonably after the fact, he handed himself in to the BBC and told them he had done it and just steered clear of them so I dont think to many people would have much of a problem with him seeing out the contract. Annoys us fans to not seeing the end of the season, wastes BBC money by not showing the footage.

If theyve chosen not to renew his contract but have also ended the show indefinitely. Not renewing the contract would be as simple as see out your term. Its a meaningless distinction to save face from the BBC.

But essentially what was said above is correct, the contracts for the television show and the live appearances are different and seperate. Im sure they didnt want to piss off more people so just let it go on as long as they distanced themselves from the Top Gear product.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I can't understand why they don't air what has already been recorded either? Are the BBC that stupid? IT seems so and therefore my last statement stands... Bunch of hypocritical wankers!

If they don't supply a full season then no doubt the BBC is going to have to cough up costs too all those that purchased a full season and got short changed. It really is total ineptitude from the idiots that run the BBC, British aristocrats.......

They didn't "fire" him, they opted not to renew his contract for the show.

BBC WW is a separate contract and has been up in the air since he was let go from the show.

While I'm a bit disappointed that it's now a different type of event and the dates got moved (yes I have tickets) I'm glad we still get to see the boys here, you can be assured that the true fans will support them, I predict Jeremy and co. will get very loud cheers.

And yes the entire ordeal has been an example of how not to do things - the BBC have made a massive mess of everything - no I am not excusing Jeremy's actions at all.

Correct and it's probably the only reason they are going ahead with the live shows in a slightly different format.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
What has been recorded is incomplete, it is all put together later and inter-spliced with live coverage from the TG studio. So the episodes aren't finished.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've seen somewhere that May had said they had recorded 3 pieces which won't be aired, which he said was a shame because they were quiet pleased with what had been produced.

It's a shame though, with only 3 weeks left they could have easily completed filming and finished the season and then gone on there separate ways. Now the fans miss out.

Anything that has been recorded would be the property of the BBC and they could do with as they wished. I guess now it's a case of "bite your nose to spite your face".