Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jerky VT

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
Hey guys just a quick question hopefully someone can help. My 5 spd vt it very jerky when taking off in first gear. Most noticebaly when just taking off easily and in busy traffic it takes alot of care to drive the car smoothly. And its not cause im letting clutch out to agressively or anything, its after the clutch is all way out and you just slowly accelerate.
I was just recently reading about axle tramping but im sure it wouldnt be that, its only a v6 with cam and exhaust :s
Appreciate any help, thanks

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Have a look at the condition of your rear engine mount to make sure it is not split or the bolts have come loose. Check the rear cross member bolts to see of they are loose .Also check your universal joints to see if they are worn.

kart_racer

Races karts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 5M
Hey guys just a quick question hopefully someone can help. My 5 spd vt it very jerky when taking off in first gear. Most noticebaly when just taking off easily and in busy traffic it takes alot of care to drive the car smoothly. And its not cause im letting clutch out to agressively or anything, its after the clutch is all way out and you just slowly accelerate.
I was just recently reading about axle tramping but im sure it wouldnt be that, its only a v6 with cam and exhaust :s
Appreciate any help, thanks

I'm having the same issue with my converted manual. Put it down to a shot dual mass flywheel.

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
Yea ive tossed that up. Im saving up for a new clutch and flywheel. Think im gona go heavy duty. Cn i just ask is heavy duty a twin plate or more clutch or larger and heavier clumping? could someone please explain it for me?
Thanks

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
i had something like that once...turned out to be a clogged up fuel filter and worn spark plugs.