Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jessies VT Calais

Jessie VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT CALAIS
Hay all,

So, my power windows haven't been working for a while now, at least the drivers side doesn't open, beyond the point were u can pry it even now, and the others all open at different paces, i was just wandering how to fix that problem and if it can be done, i tried taking off the door panel today, but was unsuccessful, so i couldn't find a problem, also when i turn on my headlights i get a warning light on my dash just under the speed o needle, not to sure what that means but am hoping someone can help me

i have started this thread just for my car because there are problems with it and if i can find the solution on here that would be great, i will be getting some pictures up as soon as i have cleaned her up, so u can all have a gander and tell me what u think( open to criticism)

im sure there be plenty of other problems later on down the track, but these are the 2 main ones that are my worry at the moment

-cheers

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
just guessing on dash illumination, but the calais are meant to have a warning indicator for tail light failure.

check the taillights and if not them possibly the number plate light?

If you don't have anyone to help ( or if you friends are not helpful lol ) you can reverse up to a shopfront and see the lights in the reflection...

oh and in regards to the windows, perhaps its the switch block, possbily the contacts need cleaning due to a drink being spilled etc.

just gets some contact cleaner, might be easier than taking all the door trims off.

Jessie VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT CALAIS
thx for the advice guys, so i had a bit of a stack the other week amd now need to replce the clips for the front bar, which wont be a hastle, and im also looking to buy 2x 17 inch vt ss rims, or just 1, either wuld be fine.

i went down to the local auto barn today to buy sum blue parker led's, installed them fine, also when i waz at the shop i bought blue led tube lights for the door card light, and then after that everything turned to ****, im not sure were i went wronf because i did the stupid thing of tackling both tasks at once( jumping from one to the other), and now i get this weird clicking nois from one of the relays behinf the fuse panel under the steering column, has any one ever heard of this before??? HELP!!!!!!

tk55

Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 vt berlina
1. with my vt berlina, the front windows move much quicker than the 2 rear. is that what you observed? i believe that's normal.

2. the driver side windows get used the most. so it is logical for it to go first. except the problem might be with the switch block like feg said above. when you push the switch did you hear any noise like the motor was trying to turn? is the switch loose as compare to the other 3? the switch block cost me about $160 from holden. what a rip off!!!

3. check your user manual to see what warning light that is.

4. as with the clicking noise, try remove the 2 added items in turn to determine which one is causing the problem. then double check your wiring. the clicking noise indicates that you might have wired into the wrong wire to the relay.

Jessie VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT CALAIS
haym thx for the reply=),

1. iwill observe next time in car, but good to know info

2. im gonna pull off ther card and check when i have the time and clean out motor and wire terminals

3.dont have a user manual, but just bought one of those service and repair manuals, and the light isnt actual on any more, so might be a loose wire or sumthing

4.i have removed all 4 globes from doors and stilol have clicking sounds, but when u switch the center console light to the center or most left position the clicking stops, only in the most right position does it click =s, but all interiour lights do not work, which is a shame

-cheers thank you for reply