Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

.:Jester's HSV Z R8:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
So my fiancee's cruze has to go in for a service and DPF regeneration today so she is driving my car to and from work.

Due to this, yesterday we decided she would practice driving it as she was really worried about how it behaved.

Man, that was very distressing for me. She was so nervouse driving it, it was like having a learner driver.

She was trying to really baby it, which the car doesn't like so there was a lot of low speed surging, clutch riding and squealing (from me mainly but also Jaimee). lol.

She's got the hang of it now pretty much.

She seemed to be under the impression that if you accelerated past a certain point it engaged warp speed and she would lose control of it.

I had to keep pushing her to accelerate harder so she could see that it wasn't like that and you had to ask it to be an animal for it to become an animal.

Hoping to have my car returned tonight in once piece. :rofl:

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
Haha probably the most scary moment of your life lol, I don't know how I would act
It's pissing down rain here, let's hope its not where you are, would just make it THAT much harder for her to control

congrats on the boat purchase

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
I know how you feel about her driving it, i used to flip when my girl friend was driving my ute, it was scary as, so i can imagine how you would have felt letting her drive your baby haha :)

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, sunny and clear skies here luckily.

Yeah cheers, I am booked in for my boat license test this Friday and I am hoping the boat will be ready for pickup this Saturday.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
What kind of boat mate?
I agree having the GF driving is very stressful, she hasn't driven the GTR yet, though I don't think my mrs will ever want to get in the GTR again lol 0-220 was a bit to quick for her haha.

Also are you interested in this gts roof spoiler I have?

Ben

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
What kind of boat mate?

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/miscellaneous/186588-my-pride-panther-boat.html

I agree having the GF driving is very stressful, she hasn't driven the GTR yet, though I don't think my mrs will ever want to get in the GTR again lol 0-220 was a bit to quick for her haha.

Yeah, though I think my fiancee is more stressed than me. I think she thought that the way I drive it is just how it drives... look at the accelerator and it's at 100+ :p

Also are you interested in this gts roof spoiler I have?

I was looking at it, but I just bought a boat thus Clubby spending funds are completely gone. :( Probably no more goodies this year aside from new pushrods @ service. :cry:

VZ Thunder SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder SS Ute
What more do you need? HSV Clubby, Boat.. Your set mate.

Love the car looks mint.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Oh, I can think of a few more things I "need". ;)

Yeah, can't complaing really. It's been an awesome 12months for me. New house, 2 new cars and a boat.

Now I just have to save to sort out my backyard which is a mes currently. :D

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Did you sort the 'ticking' noise yet Jester?

Keen to see if the pushrods settle it

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Did you sort the 'ticking' noise yet Jester?

Keen to see if the pushrods settle it

Nah, haven't addressed it yet. Though I have noticed that it's a little quieter recently and the only difference is that I have been driving it more.

The new pushrods will be done in about April when it goes in for the service. So I will see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.