Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// Jesters Silver Purse

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
I'm sure it is. Fairly confident a member on this forum will be starting a new "My Ride" thread soon. ;)

Why swap it to a dealer if it's going to another member?, friend of the car yard?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Long story, the short version being I traded the card in as such, then got an offer from a member but the condition was to have cash in 1 week as that was when the car was being traded, finance didn't come through in time so I picked up my x-trail and provided said member details of the dealer who I traded it in to.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Congrats on the new car. Must be time to be responsible eh?
Nice choice, I really liked the X Trail we used to have in our work fleet.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Long story, the short version being I traded the card in as such, then got an offer from a member but the condition was to have cash in 1 week as that was when the car was being traded, finance didn't come through in time so I picked up my x-trail and provided said member details of the dealer who I traded it in to.

Wouldn't the dealer then bang another 5k on top? Paperwork/detailing and making profit etc.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Wouldn't the dealer then bang another 5k on top? Paperwork/detailing and making profit etc.

I believe from what he wrote above, he had already traded the vehicle, then got the offer. Just unfortunate that the forum member could not come up with the dough in the 1 week offered. The car's been for sale for awhile now, so unfortunate the forum member waited so long to express interest in buying it.

I know I thought about buying it, But I wanted something newer.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Congrats on the new car. Must be time to be responsible eh?
Nice choice, I really liked the X Trail we used to have in our work fleet.

Yeah, sorta didn't have space for 2 toys in my life just at the moment as the clubby couldn't tow the boat.

So for the first time in 2 and a bit years I have a daily drive again and the first time since I turned 18, I actually have a practical car. Weird feeling. :p

One complaint about the X-trail, the seats offer no side support so going around corners I feel like I'm going to slide out of them on the leather.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Just don't pull the handbrake and spin the wheel then.
I did it in the work X Trail, nearly ended up in the passenger seat.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
So I've been driving my purse for over a week now and I have to admit. I am surprisingly happy with it.

I remember when I was reading various reviews about the CVT module in particular a lot of people talked about it being severely underpowered and that it felt very heavy.

While I can't say that it's exactly "fast" and it's not quite what I would consider "quick", it is "zippy".

In full auto it is a bit lethargic and takes a while to decided what RPM it wants to sit at for the acceleration period (still can't get used to that where the rpm doesn change but I accelerate), but pop it into "manual" and the "gears" hold while the engine accelerates the car. In this mode it gets up and moves quite well.

Just need to sort out tinting for the front windows, maybe some parking sensors and done.

After that I just need to learn how to reverse a boat trailer. :)

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I've driven Subaru Liberty's with CVT quite often in the past and present.

They are still REALLY weird. Start off from a set of lights and just waiting for a gear change that doesn't happen, revs just drop but you keep accelerating, weird...

Glad you like the X-Trail.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Precision parking like baaaaaaws!

901880_10151594569556703_2103408479_o.jpg