Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JETURBO's DONKEY

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
So after being a true blue ford bloke i have decided to jump ship to the HSV camp, many will know me and what i got upto in the ford scene in SA but now its time to move on

Being it was time to buy a new vehicle and honestly waiting for the FG-X to come out for it to be basically identical to what i had ( FG F6 ) and how lacking that vehicle was for "creature comforts" and decent interior trim it was an obvious point where i would be moving on, first up was set on an AMG C63 ( 2009-2010 model ) with the 6.3 335kw heart and had one nearly deposited on that the smart part of me broke into "reaserch" mode..... Well what a lemon , i know most of u think iam nuts ( thats still true ) but the c63 6.3 ltr has a massive flaw from faulty head bolts causing coolant to flood through the engine, loooooong story short it effects 2008-2011 models and the budget didnt go to 2012 territory ~130k

So after upwards of 6months looking and reaserching the VF R8 SV was what i wanted, GTS is nice but there is a reason to what i bought ...

So got a cracker deal on it MY15 auto in white $66k drive away

It came from a dealership in sydney and i collected it yesterday off the truck

Immediate plans are

Tint
Wheels ( simmons FR20's in white )
King springs
Di fillipo mild steel cat back twin 3.0

LATER

Otr
Cam
Heads

THEN

ASE or GEN RACING
Turbo kit ( still deciding on twins or big single )

All tuning will be done by me and the contacts we still have from our XR6T days and workshop

Heres some piks

Last edited:

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
There are no pics (not piks) :)

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Thats because some lovely person likes to get inbetween me and my posts, it happens there only human ;)

gVO3Yik.jpg

t6kmSGp.jpg

G3CZtVl.jpg

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
Thought MY15 autos had paddles? And being 340, isn't that the SV? Where is the SV rims?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nice, but those tail lights :spew:

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Sv pack does NOT include SV rims anymore, they were dropped and are now additional cost ($4990)

If it was a MY13 it would of had the rims in the SV pack ..... Bloody holden hey ;)

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Thats because some lovely person likes to get inbetween me and my posts, it happens there only human ;)

*Grammar Nazi* LOL

It's they're (short for they are) :) What you typed is used in the sentence "It's over there"

Back OT.

Not my cup of tea. I don't like white cars for a start, and the back of the car is a horrid design. The mirrors should be colour coded also.

On the plus side I do like the cabin.

Last edited:

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
Sv pack does NOT include SV rims anymore, they were dropped and are now additional cost ($4990)

If it was a MY13 it would of had the rims in the SV pack ..... Bloody holden hey ;)

Hmmm? My nieces boyfriend just got an R8 with SV rims?

What about the paddles?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I don't like white cars for a start,
BLASPHEMY! LOL

I like the front, I don't hate the back like the rest of you. But would like to view a few other angles of one before deciding I like it.
I actually think the upper centre dash and passenger side top is a funny angle. Wouldn't say no to riding shotgun though.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Where have you been all my life ?
Has that made you feel better? Could almost say made your year to date ....

Impeccable grammar aside haven't i seen u driving a VE ? Not really an engineering masterpiece is it, the best part is i dont really like the car either but demand has requested i buy one to meet a customer base so iam open to admitting its a donkey nugget ( hence the thread title )

Adelaide is a lovely small place...... Isn't it.