Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JETURBO's DONKEY

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
It's a development vehicle for a workshop, hence tax write off so who cares!

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
It's a development vehicle for a workshop, hence tax write off so who cares!

What, this HSV SV is another promotional vehicle? So the development is commercial too?

Déjà vu, what company is OP promoting?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
What, this HSV SV is another promotional vehicle? So the development is commercial too?

Déjà vu, what company is OP promoting?
No company is being promoted.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Now just to be clear ...

Blowing donkeys is a super cool party trick but thats not what's happening here ;)

As I've said before captin it's great to see you fire up because it doesn't happen to often these day's lol

Be a helpful chump and ( if you can ) point out why my HSV will be of an hinderance to R&D for me learning the "holden" ECU and gathering data, if there is any
Please iam also open to how this "DONKEY" of mine will slow or give results that are only valid to this specific model as iam to be in the belief that it should be relevant to all LS3's ( the data i gather )

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Now just to be clear ...

Blowing donkeys is a super cool party trick but thats not what's happening here ;)

As I've said before captin it's great to see you fire up because it doesn't happen to often these day's lol

Be a helpful chump and ( if you can ) point out why my HSV will be of an hinderance to R&D for me learning the "holden" ECU and gathering data, if there is any
Please iam also open to how this "DONKEY" of mine will slow or give results that are only valid to this specific model as iam to be in the belief that it should be relevant to all LS3's ( the data i gather )

That moment when you realise that Holden doesn't make a car fitted with an LS3... That motor is fitted to HSV only.

$500 for the SV bits?!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Get over it, it all comes from the GM parts bin.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Redline's are becoming a dime-a-dozen lately. Yes they have a lot of tech and do narrow the gap between Holden and HSV somewhat, but to pick up an R8 SV for 66k is a bargain really. I'd go a HSV over a Redline anyday, even if only for the wank factor. It's good to see a bit of variety in the VF section for a change!

JETURBO - more pics please! and do what AirStrike said, big single setup and a matching cam, the engine capacity will offset any lag with the right size turbo. It'll be interesting to see how the auto holds up with the extra power and torque

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
That moment when you realise that Holden doesn't make a car fitted with an LS3... That motor is fitted to HSV only.

$500 for the SV bits?!

So do we need to play that card each time ? I thought only wankers thought their car was a HSV " its not a holden " pftt please get over that step for everyones sanity

What part about " it will be returning to stock " did you miss ?

And you sook about grammar yet completely miss what was written......... Congrats

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
That's fantastic value IMO at $66k driveaway. I like the brakes and EDI personally, can't wait to see some boost running through it!

Good luck!

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Redline's are becoming a dime-a-dozen lately. Yes they have a lot of tech and do narrow the gap between Holden and HSV somewhat, but to pick up an R8 SV for 66k is a bargain really. I'd go a HSV over a Redline anyday, even if only for the wank factor. It's good to see a bit of variety in the VF section for a change!

JETURBO - more pics please! and do what AirStrike said, big single setup and a matching cam, the engine capacity will offset any lag with the right size turbo. It'll be interesting to see how the auto holds up with the extra power and torque

Pretty much my conclusion when i was talking dollars with the DP of the yard, obviously i had to hit a budget and id rather a R8 for my target vs the ss

To be honest I haven't driven it anywhere to take piks but i will soon enough, it has a date with a dyno before kms start piling on first