Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JETURBO's DONKEY

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
jet if you want your thread cleaned just let me know.

i love the new HSV's (except the maloos) but theres only 1 real thing that shits me, and that where they've placed the gauges.

they did a good job with the VY-VZ then they finished it off nicely with the VE's then went backwards on the VF's.

come down when you're rolling on the white FR's and have a dirty snail on it. my white RV's and trumpets would look good sitting next to it in some photos.

BROOKSBY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV
jet if you want your thread cleaned just let me know.

i love the new HSV's (except the maloos) but theres only 1 real thing that shits me, and that where they've placed the gauges.

they did a good job with the VY-VZ then they finished it off nicely with the VE's then went backwards on the VF's.

come down when you're rolling on the white FR's and have a dirty snail on it. my white RV's and trumpets would look good sitting next to it in some photos.

Whats wrong with the New HSV Maloo's. I think they look great

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Naww thanks azza

So whats the go with the A6 in these things in regards to oil, and fitting coolers
Is it like an old T400 where nearly anything goes or are they as sensitive as a zf where a few mm of oil will cause it to be erratic ?

Any help or links to data would be great

I customised a VE cooler kit from driveline.

Then filled the cooler and lines during fitting. Then I didnt need to top the box up. Took about 300mls. I used Gulf western SYN-TS

SYN-TS

It fits fine with OTR. BUT will be in the way for the blower cooler.

IMG_4998_zps28d83490.jpg

IMG_5003_zps5ad83b83.jpg

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Whats wrong with the New HSV Maloo's. I think they look great

give me an E3 maloo any day of the week. just dont rate the VF maloos at all.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
LOL, Pirate is having a short holiday...

Pirate actually had a good thread about fitting a deeper transmission fluid pan and wide mouth filter to improve consistency and reliability. It's in the VE section. Don't know if it applies but may be worth a look.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Thanks azza !

Thanks also Jecs but the rubbish can stay to remind captain one eye what a plug hole he was lol

Really looking forward to getting the wheels as i super dislike whats on there now.
I feel i may kick myself for getting white but then again i seem to like doing things that cause me heartache hahaha i think most of anyone who mods cars does

Now from the info i got from some very good acquaintances in the tuning scene it "seems" the A6 is good for 450rwkw but happier at 400rwkw once boosted, also the VF box is better than VE s1 box
Apparently most of the driveline is ok at the 400 mark but then it goes half shafts first then auto then tailshaft, this looking like best part true lads ?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Love a white HSV! Especially with black bits. :D

Pirate, no offence but lets not turn another thread into "who knows best" argument. Let the man do as he pleases, It's his money/time (and thread) and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

LOL!!! I love reading this sort of thing when you have someone blocked. Come on Immortality, Pirate ALWAYS knows best. Just read his posts! :D I hope the OP tunes and exclusively runs E85 from his own personal stockpile as it's the best thing for these donkeys! We all know that thanks to Pirate's knowledge. :D

I will say this to the OP, without any other criticism. The difference is NOT hard to learn. It's primary school grammar and would mean people could read your posts a whole lot easier!

545236_481103325260471_988946895_n.jpg
400x272.jpg

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Nup ull learn to love my chit spelling/grammar

Trust me :D

Yeh i was playing with E85 when pirate was riding push bikes

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Yeh i was playing with E85 when pirate was riding push bikes

hey, nothing wrong with riding pushbikes :p
some of the tech that goes into them is pretty amazing.
industry nine who make hubs for them have tested them to withstand over 700ft/lbs of torque which is pretty amazing :p

anyway enough of that.

without trying to decipher everything.
is there a reason why you want to go in steps with the mods?
reading it is to do with it being a developmental vehicle for a workshop. so assuming it is to do with that. but more so, is there a reason why you want to step it in 2 steps?
as in, is it to see what gains can be made in certain configs or something else?
am keen to see where this will go.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Everything i do is to further my own knowledge as iam not a pretentious prick like some people who feel they know it all, so i gather as much data as i can, try to throughly understand it and if all goes well ill end up where every other "decent" performance work shop gets these vehicles, as iam a firm believer that there will always be someone better but what i do is at my best ability.

If i can sleep well at night knowing what i may of done to my own car or someone else's car was with "all care" and a genuine attempt at only doing the right thing that hard work and data suggests all is fine by me.

If i can produce the fastest vehicles for the least money i feel this is winning

Seen plenty of big dollars thrown at cars and they still under perform but the workshops are laughing

Hope i can throw some genuine data and facts into the ring for everyone to use along the way :)