Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jh_vn

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
Car: 1991 VN 'S'
Engine: buick V6
Exhaust: pacemaker extractors, 2.5 cat-back Berkley single muffler
Wheels: black stockies + chrome dress rings
Trans: auto

The car has been in the family for about 10 years. Bought from a dealer for $10,000.
It's at the 25x,xxx Kms. I'd have to say it goes pretty well.
Since I got my P's i have progressively been tinkering with bits and pieces, making it a lil different to how it used to be. As with everything it depends on money and money is a tad short so..

The 'done' list:

Driveline
VS OTR CAI
greenfoam tune
new exhaust system
modified bellmouth

Interior
VS gauges (thanks 88greenvn)
replace roof lining with white vinyl
paint centre console white + other accents
red vs blue footwell LEDs
security alarm and remote central locking
install factory cruise control

Exterior
rear wheel arch cover/spats things
SS rear lip
driving lights
Uber-cool LED parkers

Pics.. everybody likes pics: these are all old pics however- newer ones down the page
IMG_7028.JPGP060110_19.35.JPGP010510_17.43.JPG30887_1395013725774_1545134560_967229_4047448_n.jpg.jpegIMG_7023.JPGIMG_6785.JPG
Going to put these on when i get money to buy paint and sikaflex.
IMG_7034.JPG
Led's in the footwell and on the B-pillars
IMG_6672.JPGIMG_6669.JPG
roof - white vinyl
P040510_19.10.JPGIMG_6663.JPG

IMG_6584.JPG- lotsa overtightned screws resulting in broken plastic - thanks previous central locking and CD player installer.
IMG_7029.JPG- all done.

thoughts comments :)

Last edited:

sawychri06

Reaction score
Members Ride
d22 navara
how are you gonna do your spats i am thinkin ur gonna use the plastic from the side of the car in pic 3 ??? if not are you going to buy some ?

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
yes ill use them. made some brackets up to fit the arch lip. I'm thinking get some touch up paint, spraying the brackets then using sikaflex to stick the trolleystrips on. im just not sure which sikaflex to use.

sawychri06

Reaction score
Members Ride
d22 navara
yea keep us posted on how the trolleystrips go keen to see :D

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
trolleystrips / spats thingys are on. but the browser doesnt seem to want to let me upload pics. cos its gay. so is my net speed.

-got new(ish) tyres
-got some VS speaker pods - need to paint them the same shade as the door panels ( a darker grey) + get splits to put in them

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
update - i am at a place with fast internet.

This is all a years worth of waiting and shitting around
im4.jpg

im1.jpg

im.jpg

Audio system then:
  • Clarion cz200soemthing headunit. Its black and sleek and looks cool and was only $170 at autobarn
  • Front speakers- Apline SPS600Cs with the tweeter cut into the stock dash speaker mesh and woofer in VS door pods, powered by an..
  • Alpine V12 2 channel MRV-T707. 70wrms per channel. It took me ages to build that board that it's mounted to, build it so that the hatch still closes even with the sub box in the way. Big bulky bloody heatsink.
  • Subs- 2 pioneer (series-before-the-first-champion-series) subwoofers in a pioneer box. 400wrms each. they dont actually do that though.
  • Sub amp- Kicker ZX300.1 .Yeah it isn't powerful enough for the subs but i bought it for $120 like 3 months before i got the subs. It does the job of running them. Anyone got a ZX750.1 they wanna sell???
  • 4 guage to a distribution block then 4g to the Kicker and 8g to the Alpine
  • rear speakers- kenwood $80 things. which i found out were actually $50 at JB.. AFTER i had installed them :|

The spats are also finished finally :)
im3.jpg

im2.jpg

EDIT: Have now got a ZX750.1, yayy for ebay! The difference is notable, much more shaking, admittably the boot skin has started to separate and the little tab on the rearvision mirror fell out the other day :/

Last edited:

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
After we got back from being overseas it was awesome to start it up again. Fired up straight away :)
Scored a set of pacemaker extractors from a mate at TAFE for $200. Cleaned them up and gave em a re-spray and one full day fitting the bloody things. Sound a treat. + the much needed oil change. Got some cheapo chrome dress rings for the wheels- they really set it off nicely i think

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
got p2s, tinted windows 35%, tinted tail lights a tad, installed cruise control

SNC00101.jpg

SNC00145.jpg

looking all good and dandy :)

but last friday night, this happened :bang:
SNC00149.jpg

SNC00150.jpg

hit another car (VE). could not believe it. needless to say a massive wake up call to just how it only takes a second of innatention for everything to go all wrong.

Last edited:

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
looks good dont see many vn s packs in white are you fixing it good luck with it

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
cheers mate, yeah it will definately be fixed, insurance should cover it (comprehensive), if not, then I'll bloody well fix it, despite father's wise words of "its an old car- its not worth it"
oh yeah i pissed off the gay white painted window winders a few weeks ago.
and the drivers side rear door handle snapped off yesterday :s another thing for the vast 'to do' list