Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jo3y5

Discussion in 'VE - WM' started by joeydaly, Apr 27, 2015.

1. joeydaly

joeydaly New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Sportswagon
    Upgraded from a 03 Sedan, and absolutely loving the wagon! I've loved the look of VE's and finally got one :)

Date of ownership: 18/03/2015
    Model: Omega Series 2 Sportswagon
    Engine: V6 3.0L 6SP Auto
    Colour: Silver
    Options & Accessories: 20" x 8.50" - Cavallis Iconic Flat Black Wheels
    Plan(s): SSV Muffler, SV6 Front Bumper Bar & Fog Lights

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Will add more pics as I go...

Muffler up next, still debating on how much noise I want and what sort of look I want. Definately thinking about the twin exhausts

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  2. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Coal Miner

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Redline 2012
    Yer looks good, I like what you've done with it.

3. VS_Pete

VS_Pete Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
    Aussie Willy you must have a good eye no pic for me

4. joeydaly

joeydaly New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Sportswagon
    heh, yeah I noticed that some of the pics weren't coming up - but then realised I wasn't signed in :whistling

5. joeydaly

joeydaly New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Sportswagon
    Had some straight mufflers put on, and was horrible. On the outside it was great, but the inside the drone was unbearable at 2nd & 3rd gear.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Lesson learnt, a few people did caution me about putting mufflers (straight or sports) that it would be droney.
    Might wait a little and do some more research and actually see how wagons cope with catbacks and if the drone is bad or not - getting mixed results on that too. *sigh*

Further read in this thread

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  6. jr_

jr_ Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE II Sportwagon
    Search this forum further and you'll find stacks of threads of cat back VE Omega (or Berlina).
    (specifically this one! http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ssive-fun-happy-time-exhaust-thread-11-a.html)
    The norm is to put on 2 1/4" SS/SV6 catbacks on VE Omega/Berlina's (S1 or S2) and SS mufflers (AFM or non- AFM). If you haven't already read these, spend some time before spending some more money.

In the above thread, theres a member with an SV6 ute who (http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006-2013/224415-exhaust-5.html#post2527813), from memory put on a 2 1/2" Manta catback and wasn't happy, then put on a 2 1/4" Xforce catback and still wasn't happy - and that was a ute with less drone than a wagon.

That being said, there's also quite a few member with 2 1/4" Xforce catback who love them (ie Major Herbie - http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/233258-my-sv6.html) - Search is your friend :)

(nb: I too am unable to see any pics or whatever you had in the 'before' / 'after' headings above)

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  7. joeydaly

joeydaly New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Sportswagon
    Thanks heaps for the info! Yeah that's all I'll be doing now. I did search but not hard enough.

Will host the images elsewhere and see if they work.

8. jr_

jr_ Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE II Sportwagon
    Pics look great
    LOVE the wheels, look like '10 Camaro wheels (like K-Man's wheels : http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...21837181-ve-track-car-adventures-img_0456.jpg)

More pics! (not with filters!)
    side profile please?
    is it lowered? (being on 20's - i'll pm you links for ideas)

other plans? (being with that filter I can't tell if tinted or not etc)
    Silver and Black (wheels) theme goes well, wrap the rear chrome strip? black front and rear holden badges (plastidip or satin black paint), bee sting aerial
    Audio upgrade?
    It's an Omega, go cosmetic, not performance mods!

other than that, don't do SV6/SS front bumper like every other VE Omega owner...I've said it before, if you really want to change the front bumper and be different - get a Calais bumper!

9. VS_Pete

VS_Pete Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
    All go now mate looks good

10. commodore665

commodore665 expat Saffa

Members Ride:
    2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
    Looks good , I like the wagons too , a bit like a smaller Chrysler 300 , but I think better looking .

11. joeydaly

joeydaly New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Sportswagon
    Yeah the wheels are growing on me, I originally thought to leave it silver like K-Man's but I think the matte black goes well with the car

Haha, yes ok! I'll take some more this weekend
    Not yet, mechanic keeps telling me to lower it everytime I see him haha so eventually will do it

Yep it's tinted. I'll get rid of the filters so you can see it better. The tint is a supposed to be one of the darkest legal tints, but at my work there's a SV6 with a darker tint - so no idea, could be darker. The tint was free so I wasn't too fussed.
    On the outside, I was thinking about the chrome strip. I like the chrome finish, and going to get a new tow ball as well to match. Dirty rusted one doesn't look nice.
    SV6 Front Bumper was on the cards. But I'm wondering if I should also go the side skirts as well, I saw a White Omega Sedan with the SV6 Front Bumper only and Omega side skirts - looked odd.
    Audio, yes! Not 100% confident I can do it all myself - been reading the guide, might just go bit by bit and see how I go. Also wondering what brand speakers and if its worth buying a set or individual etc... I haven't really done much research, so happy for suggestions!

I was wondering about getting a tune (the software thingy - I haven't read enough into it, but I want the fuel efficiency more than anything else and there was positive feedback about that). Again, need more research but it's further down on my list.

I did some lights mods, replaced the headlights, parkers, number plates. I want to do the internal lights now and keep the white-bluey light going, also maybe do the footwells.
    Need some suggestions on the seats. I'll take some pics of the inside, need some ideas.

12. Predator9211

Predator9211 Member

Members Ride:
    VE Wagon
    Definitely get the skirts too looks very odd imo without them. But without the rear bar doesn't look bad!
    [​IMG]

13. joeydaly

joeydaly New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Sportswagon
    Very nice. Will look into doing that next. Been messing around with interior lately and adding LED Footwells. On going project as I need to wire it in and I'm not 100% confident haha. But I'm almost there. Will put pics soon.