Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jobs go at holden

zapper-l67

LS# Eat One Today...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Yo Reaper I might of got a couple of things wrong in the hast of the post like putting Chinise in stead of Asian with the cruze.
But the fact still remains the the torana out sold the base model HZ in its last year of production.
The main reason ford was still doing well in its larger bodied cars over the VB-VL Commodore was Holdens lack of incite to include a commercial commodore line IE:Ute and Panal van.
They addressed the Ute issue and got back a lot of the commercial market but totally lot there van market to the Japanese vans..

But the fact remain that the Commodore has become to fat for the Australian market. We currently have a small Van for the misses, kids and shopping. But I'm looking for a car to commute to and from work that is small and economic enough to drive in heavy traffic conditions and be sport and spirited enough to enjoy driving and big enough to go for a drive with the family on the weekend.. Unfortunately that not going to be a fat ass Holden VE Commodore.. A torana would be nice but if that not going to happen Then a BMW it is..

Sorry that Holden's not going so well at the moment.
I love Holden and enjoyed employment with the company in an engineering capacity for a number of years.
But They just aren't making the car I/we want to drive.. And I know I'm not alone in that decision.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Don't you mean CTS? Didn't the ATS get canned?

Been delayed god knows how many times but is go for this year: Cadillac | ATS Luxury Compact Car (MY13, onsale 2012).

Yo Reaper I might of got a couple of things wrong in the hast of the post like putting Chinise in stead of Asian with the cruze.

Your whole premise was wrong. You said that Australians don't want a small Asian (whatever) fwd car. The evidence is that they do! Mazda 3 = Japanese. Carolla = Japanese. Hyundai/kia (2 brands with the largest growth in Australian in recent years = Korean. Cruze = Korean origin with a lot of Australian design input and now made in Australia too.

But the fact still remains the the torana out sold the base model HZ in its last year of production.

Holden canabalized the HZ by introducing the VB during that run, selling both cars side by side. Being old enough to remember (just :p), the Commodore was a world better car compared to the HZ when both were new.

The main reason ford was still doing well in its larger bodied cars over the VB-VL Commodore was Holdens lack of incite to include a commercial commodore line IE:Ute and Panal van.

Commercial sales are not included in passenger car sales tallies. Weren't then and aren't now. If the Commodore ute was included now, the VEII would have been most popular car by around 8000units in 2011

Reaper

Last edited:

1TUFVS

High Ambitions, Low Funds
Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VS Acclaim
To be expected really.

Pretty much.

Friend of mine was on the production line and he was waiting for the layoff for a while. Even had a new job lined up for the occasion!